http://www.bergcrawler.com
sonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Berg vs Axial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kZF...eature=related
Old 01-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #25

it all depends on what you want you can make any car be the baddest and cool for you the true thing is drive time but the main advantages of the berg is no body twist and high wheel speed lcc has tight turning and a dig stock which is really great and the axial you can find any part you could ever think of but just because you have a sweet truck doesn't replace drive time so don't get discouraged if your not an amazing driver right away
Brian.Vanbeekum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Vanbeekum View Post
it all depends on what you want you can make any car be the baddest and cool for you the true thing is drive time but the main advantages of the berg is no body twist and high wheel speed lcc has tight turning and a dig stock which is really great and the axial you can find any part you could ever think of but just because you have a sweet truck doesn't replace drive time so don't get discouraged if your not an amazing driver right away

thank for the info
for the driving first time in rock crawling
but did all in rc
over 24 years in experience I have try a lots of crazy thing
the thing that scare me the most was airplane pod racer
those thing goes way to fast for there size!!
easy to lose one, in the sky

my mind is almost set up for a axial
this one look almost like my real jeep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5kMy...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHKFrD4A7Y&feature=fvw

Last edited by sonat; 01-01-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Nothing against the Axial, they're a fine truck in their own right, but I'd be hesitant to call them the "best crawler money can buy". They're the first to the market and have a huge following which leads to a huge supply of aftermarket parts available.

If you want something to comp with I'd look elsewhere. If you're planning to compete with a rig that runs 4WS then you just knocked yourself out of the 2.2 class (Losi, Axial, Berg and Bully) and into Super class.

Cool the jets for a few days, read through the threads here and get a better understanding of what you want to do, then decide what you want.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcircus View Post
Nothing against the Axial, they're a fine truck in their own right, but I'd be hesitant to call them the "best crawler money can buy". They're the first to the market and have a huge following which leads to a huge supply of aftermarket parts available.

If you want something to comp with I'd look elsewhere. If you're planning to compete with a rig that runs 4WS then you just knocked yourself out of the 2.2 class (Losi, Axial, Berg and Bully) and into Super class.

Cool the jets for a few days, read through the threads here and get a better understanding of what you want to do, then decide what you want.

ok please give link where to buy those
Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Supers? You don't really "buy" a Super, you build one. There are a couple of lower end super-sized crawlers out there but I don't think there's anything mass produced that would be comp-ready. Maybe not even comp-worthy.

Something else to consider is where will you be competing with your crawler. Personally, I'd love to build a Super but the club I'm in doesn't run them so I'd build it for nothing. Supers are typically more expensive and labor intensive than your 2.2s since there's not much in the way of out-of-the-box kit Supers.

The Super class is dying in many areas, probably due to the expense and the availability of good quality 2.2 kits on the market. I'd like to see a resurgence but I doubt it'll happen until a major manufacturer or two gets behind the idea.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

I have an Axial AX10 and also considered the SCX10. While I'm happy with the AX10 there is room for improvement. If money was not an issue I would have gone with something different. Seems like I'll end up replacing almost everthing on this thing as time goes on.

Spend a bit of time on here reading and you'll figure out just what you want.
2dblo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

First of all, welcome to RCC. Look around, get your feet wet, learn about the different kind of crawlers/scalers, ask questions and get a feel for the hobby.

Second of all, asking the question "what is the very best crawler" is like asking what is the very best sports car in the world. You might be in love with a Ferrari, one that is the right color, has enough power, and will pass everything but a gas station. For me however, I am partial to a '71 Plymouth Cuda. Two entirely different cars, built in different countries, and have completely different spec sheets!

When talking rock crawlers there a few things to ask yourself. Do you want a shafty (AX10, Losi Comp Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber) or do you want a MOA (motor on axle)(Enroute Berg, RC4WD Bully, Axial with HR axles, Losi modded MOA)? A shafty will drive different than a MOA, you can do different mods to each, and both will be different for you. Another question for you is do you want to go 1.9, 2.2 or super? Maybe scaler? Then you can consider electronics, dig, radio and receiver, battery/charger, tires, and the list goes on.

I hope you will make use of the search button as is emphasized by so many posts before this one. Before you look around, spend a little time on this site and see what insights people have posted previously. There are a lot of very sharp people on here that you can learn from.

I hope this helps and good luck on your search/build, look forward to seeing your threads in the future!
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Alright man, here's the deal. I started out crawling about three years ago. I started with an Axial ARTR and then bought all of the components needed to get it runnng. I spent about $600. that was a good start but I ended up building a Berg due to the competitiveness of myself. I was not able to really compete against the bergs with a shaft driven rig. This was before the Losi comp crawler came out. The berg is more expensive but a stronger vehicle. I have spent about $1200 on my berg overall. I have friends that have the Losi comp crawler and like it but have had to upgrade it to be a real competitive crawler. My berg is very close to how it was when I built it a year and a half ago. I have switched chassis a few times and may change again but the rig is still pretty much the same. Like someone said previously, you need to decide which way you want to go, comp crawler or scaler. There is a big difference in chassis and set-up. Getting this down will help you start the process alot better. Just my .02. I hope this helps. You can pm me if you need help. I'll try to get to you as fast as I can. Welcome to the ADDICTION!!!
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

For the money i would purchase a losi night crawler
losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

If ya want the best comp crawler look at what the top driver are running. Then go build a berg. If ya want a basher or scaler your choices will be different.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
First of all, welcome to RCC. Look around, get your feet wet, learn about the different kind of crawlers/scalers, ask questions and get a feel for the hobby.

When talking rock crawlers there a few things to ask yourself. Do you want a shafty (AX10, Losi Comp Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber) or do you want a MOA (motor on axle)(Enroute Berg, RC4WD Bully, Axial with HR axles, Losi modded MOA)? A shafty will drive different than a MOA, you can do different mods to each, and both will be different for you. Another question for you is do you want to go 1.9, 2.2 or super? Maybe scaler? Then you can consider electronics, dig, radio and receiver, battery/charger, tires, and the list goes on.

I hope this helps and good luck on your search/build, look forward to seeing your threads in the future!
Actually, the Cliff Climber is MOA, not a shafty. But it shouldn't even be considered, as it is not 1/10 scale, & uses 380 size motors. I've also heard it has been discontinued.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #36
mjh
Quarry Creeper

Do you want a 2.2? What about a Super?

Can you drive a crawler?....Someone with skillz and a bunk rig will still out drive a rookie with a slick rig........If you do buy the best of the best...If there is such a thing ...Make sure you practice alot then your rig can be all it can be

2.2--Berg or Bully
Super--Clod or Bully...Bullys are a much superior axle for the Money
I love the Stick and pimp cane MOA's

Stick.....Clod.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrJW...eature=related

Pimpcane....Clod....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJaaass6saw
mjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

big is good
scale is very good like a jeep
what can be done to be the best crawler

a tube chassis that look like a jeep cool be very nice

I race on a track very good driver but I know crawler is a different game

i love the look of this one

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=672

and
http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=967
but sold out
someone know where there is more

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=672
this look nice

----------------------------------------
I think I go for this one because of the concept of the driving system with a angle
http://www.rcrockcrawling.com/produc...oducts_id=1212
----------------------------------------

Last edited by sonat; 01-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

ok look

you are posting alot of "scale" crawlers, so im assuming you want a good scale rig..

scale rig- looks like its REAL, something you would see in real life

competion rig- something that is made for the BEST PERFORMANCE POSSIBLE, usually dont look to realistic
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

look at this
as a designer my self for rc products, I found this very nice
http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=804
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonat View Post
look at this
as a designer my self for rc products, I found this very nice
http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=804
ok.. imo, im no mechanic, but i dont think ive ever seen a bent axle like that in real life
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote