Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: omg!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default omg!!!

ok, i have gotten a axial ax10 for my first truck and now i gotten a axial scx10 tr... and here we go i have serious problems or just bad luck... so lets start, i have gotten metal drive shafts after learning axial stock drive shafts are crap, well one is broke, im talking strong metal drive shafts... one broke now today i was playing in this oll sand pile i have,... the peice that sticks out of the gear box that connects to drive shaft is broke, and another is my wire on my back right tale light has disconnected witch isnt a big deal but , people yall are good with these thing please help me because i enjoy the rc stuff and also i dont have rocks in south georgia so i play in sand/piles of wood, but anyways i been doin this for bout 5 months and got mad the first time everything broke and i set it away in atick now i started agiin and everything is BREAKING!!! so please help
scx10rtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Put in a box and send it to me, I will let you know if anything else breaks.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That is why there are hardened, and stainless outdrives available.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Punctuation and spelling are your friends. But seriously, invest in some hardened outdrives. It's a toy, it will break if you abuse/use it. That's half the fun of RC, figuring out what works and doesn't.

Good luck
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Just like a real offroad vehicle. Break, fix it to be stronger. As far as the taillight on the scx. Just pull the shrink wrap off and you will see the wires are crimpt onto the led leads. I just soldered it back togather.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
On the lookout for Rocks

If you aren't willing to work on them, you don't need them.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

These are not 2wd slashes. There going to break. To crawl you need to enjoy repairing, upgrading, custom moding, as much as you do running. The possibilities with these are endless. HAVE FUN
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
If you aren't willing to work on them, you don't need them.
X2!
gyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but everyone else has nailed it x3 on if you don't want to work on it you don't need it. Also it is a hobby so your gonna have to work on it. Working on it should be something to be enjoyed. I work in maintenance and its just nice to come home and work on somthin that I know is way less aggravating and it calms me down, its just relaxing. So that being said mess with it, try different things and if you can't get it back together search this forum there is a ton!!!! of info on here and if you can't find anything post up! Everyone on here will help you out as best as they can bud
cmyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

75% of the reason I bought my crawler is to have something to work on when I can't work on my 1:1.

Plus it helps tide the mod bug over so I don't end up spending too much money on my 1:1
StreetKill831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
These are not 2wd slashes. There going to break. To crawl you need to enjoy repairing, upgrading, custom moding, as much as you do running. The possibilities with these are endless. HAVE FUN

LMAO I break my 2wd slash more than my crawlers.........
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

ty guys by the way im 15 , but anyways thanks for info, yeah its just i love to work on them , its really fun and somthing i enjoy but with a dad that dont care and me not having a job its not easy and if theres anything i need to know plz let me know now, but i just didnt think they break as easy but its ok its all part of it!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

also what do yall think is better axial xr10 or Mk42 MOA Crawler RTR ty
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
www.team3sixrc.com

Ok, ill help you. I have to apologize for theguys giving you crap.
true, these trucks are Crawlers not t-maxx's

The trucks come RTR, but you will need to upgrade them. There is no such thing as an RTR or Kit truck, car, boat, ext. That wont break parts like crazy. Otherwise we all would have them.

In my signature is two scx-10 trucks I am building for comps. If you want much less breakage and enjoy the hobby. Read my parts list in each thread and buy that stuff.

If you have any questions and before you P.M. me. Go to the AX-10 and SCX-10 threads which are stickied at the top of the forums.

Both have lists of must have upgrades.

After that, you are more than welcome to P.M. me wiith questions.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

ty man well like all public sites there are ignorant people and there's the helpful people and your one of them and if i do ill be sure to p.m you!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Good luck with your truck...and I'm with the others saying that the hobby runs like this

Play
Break
Fix stronger
repeat

Pretty soon you will be like the rest of us and have one (or more) on the bench being worked on and the other being rode hard. This is a hobby, read and ask questions...thats why we are here.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

ty yeah i know it is but its a fun hobby and i enjoy it
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

hmm i don't know how you all drive your scx10s. i have yet to break a stock drive shaft, or even plastic pede shafts. actually the only thing that has broken on mine is the rear y link, and that was after a about a 300ft tumble down a steep rocky hill.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I'll play Devil's Advocate for a second.

I just bought another SCX10 to add to my stable of r/c toys. It is the Honcho RTR, to be more specific. It is also bone stock. Just for shits and giggles, I went out to a local spot with one of my old co-workers who has a Summit.

In 4 battery packs, I have:

-popped the driveshafts off the the tranny output/axle input more times than I can count, necessitating 4 additional set screws as all I had were a few spare parts I can carry in a small backpack instead of swapping out the driveshafts

-broke one plastic c-hub, replaced withs pare

-broke one plastic knuckle, replaced with spare

-destroyed one of the front dobones

So, in about 2 hours of playing, I have broken said parts. Mind you, I was driving this like I would a "scale" vehicle, so take that for what it's worth. Now I know there are beefier parts available out there, but even as much fun as I have playing with crawlers, I still think they are one of the most expensive segments of the hobby compared to everything else.

The Summit? Not a single thing wrong, and he was launching that thing over 4 foot ledges.

Just a thought, please discuss.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
The Summit? Not a single thing wrong, and he was launching that thing over 4 foot ledges.
Keep in mind that the Summit was made for bashing as well. Not to mention just the size of them. Things are huge. Comparing a Summit and a Scx10 is inda like Comparing grave digger to a Ford ranger if ya ask me..
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote