Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Wraith or Summit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

That was a good movie!! Anyways, go with the wraith!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
If you feel like "Winning" you should go with a Wraith. If you feel like wrenching, you should go with a traxxas

Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Both are great rigs for their intended purposes. But While the summit is WP the Wraith wont take much to waterproof, just the esc and i see a few guys splashing and dunking them with no problems. I think the stock esc is more waterproof than advertised because Axial dont want the warranty headaches.
As for which kit The summit will not crawl nearly as well but can do alot more things the Wraith cant. If your leaning more to the crawling side than the Wraith is far better, and if your leaning more tword a faster basher that can do some moderate crawling than the summit will be for you.
Good luck.
omenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Ive had the wraith for 3 weeks? swapped 2.2 tsls on xr10 wheels ,jr 8711
servo ,holmes hobby 20 turn hand wound, robinson racing tranny gears,vanquish links and steering linkages, alum. steering arm. Its a lot of fun! Wraith gets my vote! Stock its good ...... modified it is truly a riot!
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #24

Exclamation Re: Wraith or Summit?

i have a poison spyder wraith and it breaks every time i drive it i have upwards $700 in and I'm thinking of switching to a summit

any thoughts
Pcody321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wraith or Summit?

Sweet thread revival bro! My wraith broke a lot at first, but now with quality parts in it it hasn't broke again in a long time.
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #26

I have a summit and beat the crap out of it and have had no problems that weren't caused be me like crashing at high speed jumping really high and landing wrong etc. I don't know why all the post on here are negative about the summit I think its a really capable truck and can be you're do it all truck kind of jack of all trades but master of none which is great.
WILLIE WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Nothing wrong with traxxas products. I have a brushless mini revo and a 3.3 tmaxx and they don't break any more than axial products. All RC kits are built to a price so some things need improvement.

The bonus of traxxas is parts availability but I never have issues getting axial parts. That being said I would choose the wraith. Cheaper initial investment, waterproofing is easy and I think it looks better. I also don't think it's really an apples to apples comparison.
Farabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcody321 View Post
i have a poison spyder wraith and it breaks every time i drive it i have upwards $700 in and I'm thinking of switching to a summit

any thoughts
I have a wraith PS. I drive mine "like I don't like it," and yes I break things from time to time, but I put upgrade parts in what I break and for as hard as I beat on it, every time I break something the first thought isn't "how did that break..." its more like "wow I'm surprised that part lasted through this much abuse"
boostnerd is offline   Reply With Quote