Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Front differential lock for vaterra twin hammers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #1

Default Front differential lock for vaterra twin hammers

Okay so I bought a front differential lock for my Vaterra Twin Hammers, and I'm quite new to it, and RC. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the front differential so I can install the lock.

I wasn't sure if I should post to this in the newbie section since I feel like it is a noob question, or in the Twin Hammers section, sorry if it needs moved.

Thank ahead of time!
CollateralKhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Front differential lock for vaterra twin hammers

Easiest way to lock that diff would probably be playdough or and epoxy. The epoxy will make it so you do need another diff if you ever want to go open again.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #3

I bought the actual lock for the front. Just needing to know how to open up the differential.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrawler27 View Post
your a newbie so id say take out every screw tell you find what you are looking for,, no other way to learn then to do it dude,,

I cant reach thru the computer and do it for you so wht the point in asking how to remove srews,,

and just incase your not mechanically inclined "righty tighty lefty loosy" this means turn to the right it tightens turn to the left it will loosen and come apart

That's probably THE rudest response I've read from anyone on this forum, idk if rude is quite the correct thing to call it, but I'll do both of us a favor, and not call you what most other might. I came here seeking the quickest way to do it, and with the hopes I would learn something I don't already know how to do, everyone knows how to remove screws. But what I want to learn is the fastest, and most productive way of removing certain screws to obtain access to the part of the TH I need. This is indeed in the noob section, so if you have a problem with a noob seeking proper knowledge, and allowing a noob to get a proper reply then I'd quite strongly advise you to avoid from posting in this section of the forums, or at the very least from posting in my threads.

I have yet to see a flamer post on these forums since being signed up on here, all the responses to threads I've see have been helpful, and nice. And with comments such as you posted I can assure you, you're quite possibly hurting this bored. Think about it like this, every time you flame someone, or cut someone down for asking a question you're more than likely effecting them in the future by reducing the odds of them seeking further knowledge from this forum in fear of being belittled again, by the same person or even a different one. All it takes is one person to ruin something good for someone else. Luckily I've heard nothing but good things about this forums, and on top of all the good things I've seen myself here at rccrawler, so I'm certain this is just one rotten egg in the carton. I went ahead, and took the liberty of reporting your the post as well.

Last edited by CollateralKhaos; 06-28-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Here are 3 pics I took when I was installing my front locker, it should give you an idea of what to do.

Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #6

Thanks a lot Sheepdawg23wm! You pictures did indeed help! I successfully installed it!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I don't think he was flaming at all! He was just saying as a noob, such as myself, to just go for it! Take stuff apart, see how things work etc. it's how I love doing stuff on mine, it's an amazing way to learn!
newmarketeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarketeod View Post
I don't think he was flaming at all! He was just saying as a noob, such as myself, to just go for it! Take stuff apart, see how things work etc. it's how I love doing stuff on mine, it's an amazing way to learn!
Some day you will recognize douchebaggery when you see it. Takes a little practice but you'll get it.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrawler27 View Post
This is the way I learned so the way I suggest people to learn you want a response to report someone about here it is

Go F*** yourself figure it out on your own
This attitude. I suppose even in the best places there has to be at least one person that tries to start trouble with people. And don't worry I'm about to report you. It must be nice having so much free time you surf the web in hope to find some way to mess with someone, gotta love a keyboard warrior!

I did figure it out with the help of others who were willing to share their knowledge so I could do it right, and learn a thing or two while I was at it. As you can see someone even went as far to post a picture to help me, and other who may be wondering how to do this specific thing. Please stay out of this thread and any others, I'm here to learn not to be harassed.

Last edited by CollateralKhaos; 06-29-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Spend time on pitate4x4, this is nothing! Haha
newmarketeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I had the same question. The TH forum would probably have been a better place to post this. I almost missed it
Poserx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollateralKhaos View Post
Thanks a lot Sheepdawg23wm! You pictures did indeed help! I successfully installed it!
No problem man. I remember several years back when I started in this hobby how intimidating it was to take on a task like changing a front diff. Alot of guys like myself who have done this stuff along time take for granted what we have learned the hard way. Worst thing ever is tearing apart a 400 dollar rig and being worried you wont be able to put it back together. Well, now that you have sucessfully completed this task, you will soon be lookin for another even more difficult task. Before long, you turn into a full fledge rc mechanic that never worries weather you can put something back together, only how fast
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #13

Good group of fellas here...
TCA999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i appreciate this post and the pics i just aquired a twin hammers and ordered a front locker and am capable of tearing apart however i searched just to do a little research and gain knowledge of project to maqke sure it is what i expect it to be....you never know when there is an 'easier' way or a common mistake people make that you can avoid. always helps to do a little looking and preparing
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #15
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Slowly take the entire front end apart and learn how it all goes together and once you study it, you'll know exactly how the best way to get in there the next time. It's the way I learned everything about this hobby early on. By doing.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Follow the directions on here in this thread, some pretty good explanations. It is fairly simple and took me about 30 minutes to complete. Didn't get directions so I flew by the seat of my pants... worked out for once!
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Some times I will use my phone to document how something looks as I take it appart. It is a big help when putting it back together!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:44 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

there is some truth in "the only way to learn it is to do it", the way that was delivered earlier was unfortunate however.

If you go to the vaterra website they have PDF's of all the vehicle manuals that you can download for free. In these manuals they have exploded views of how everything goes together/comes apart. For disassembly follow the directions in reverse :-D

here is a link to the manuals.
Manuals, Parts Explosions and Addendums: Vaterra
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Front differential lock for vaterra twin hammers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new vaterra twin hammers troypusich Newbie General 8 07-28-2013 01:01 AM
Vaterra Twin Hammers bandag Newbie General 17 07-28-2013 12:56 AM
Vaterra Twin hammers greengoblin Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 06-04-2013 09:57 PM