Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Gelande I

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #1

Default RC4WD Gelande I

Hi all,

Been Rc drifting for a bit, and now fancy something a tad different, thus purchased a scaler/crawler. I've purchased a RC4WD Gelande I item is basically a roller with cracking landy shell and full roll cage etc.

Now I have the following issues that I would love to rectify:

1, Truck is running the standard billet dual springs 80mm shocks. Is it possible to purchase RC4WD or other heavy duty springs as different sites state they are no longer available. Shocks are very spongy with the big heavy cab on thus wanting to up grade. Gelande currently fitted with Green botton & light blue top springs, while rear has dark blue bottom and light blue top springs, unsure if these are old replacements or different springs of something else.

2, Do these shocks run oil ? if so what weight.

3, On the Gelande I RTR and Gelande II there is a battery tray, electric board, waterproof fuel cell/RX box, is it possible to purchase these items and will they fit ?

4, What is the difference between the Gelande 1 & II.

5, The Gelande is very slow, I was hoping for a tiny wheel spin at least, now currently running a 55T Hpi crawler motor, would a 35T motor make a huge difference or what recommendations would you have.

6, Car is running Tamiya Rock Cruiser M/T tyres, these don't seem to grip that well. What tyre recommendations would you have, plus noticed tyres are spinning on the rim, what is the crack with bead locks or should tyres be glued onto rims.

As always assistance appreciated.

Stu
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RC4WD Gelande I

Howdy

1. I would recommend getting a set of something else in the 80mm range in part due to #2 below, and in part due to not being able tog et parts for the stockers anymore. I personally went with some axial 90mm shocks, and put 10mm travel limiters internally to keep them at 80mm. You can get any combo of spring for those shocks, they are cheap, and work decent.

2. They will leak all the oils out in a single run - if you go for the axials I mentioned, 50wt is great.

3. You can make anything fit - but more info on specifics would help people help you.

4. Just about everything - too much to list here.

5. Get a good quality 45T - I recommend the Holmes Hobbies torquemaster pro. On 3S decent wheel speed, a bit more than tiny spin.

6. Those tires are junk for any serious off road fun. Tires are a preference - and without knowing how your rig is setup, some tires may rub and not fit well. A good general tire that is smaller assuming default suspension setup is the search you will spend time on. Also, get some beadlocks - tons of options available ther too, and that may guide your tire choice (I,e, - grab 1.55" landie beadlock setup, and some pit bull growlers )

Hth some!
B94Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC4WD Gelande I

6. Tires really are your choice but as for beadlockers, GET THEM 2 new reasonably priced (1.9) beadlockers has come out from Proline recently the Denali and another one I can't remember the name of. G-made also make some good (but also plastic) beadlocks that are about $20 a set. If you can afford it, try get some metal rims though to avoid rounding
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD Gelande I - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snipers RC4WD Gelande 2 sniper 1.9 Scale Rigs 27 08-17-2014 10:34 AM
RC4WD Gelande I piggy 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 01-14-2014 10:23 AM
rc4wd gelande cossack 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 04-18-2011 08:01 AM