Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: D90 body: is RC4WD and Boom Racing the same?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 04:49 AM   #1

Default D90 body: is RC4WD and Boom Racing the same?

Hi all,

I need parts from an RC4WD D90 for a project. I can buy the bits I need from RC4WD but a full Boom Racing D90 body from Asiatees (plus the links etc I need) is the same price delivered plus I get another D90 body that I could use for something else (although it would be missing some bits).

The Boom Racing body looks identical to the RC4WD version in the picture on Asiatees, however I'm a bit wary of going purely off a picture. I don't want to get it and end up with something I can't use.

Does anyone know if the Boom Racing version is identical to the RC4WD one?

Thanks,

Doug

Edit:; I know I need the bits from the RC4WD body because I already have one and a trial fit shows they'd work with minor modification.
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: D90 body: is RC4WD and Boom Racing the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougM View Post
Hi all,

I need parts from an RC4WD D90 for a project. I can buy the bits I need from RC4WD but a full Boom Racing D90 body from Asiatees (plus the links etc I need) is the same price delivered plus I get another D90 body that I could use for something else (although it would be missing some bits).

The Boom Racing body looks identical to the RC4WD version in the picture on Asiatees, however I'm a bit wary of going purely off a picture. I don't want to get it and end up with something I can't use.

Does anyone know if the Boom Racing version is identical to the RC4WD one?

Thanks,

Doug

Edit:; I know I need the bits from the RC4WD body because I already have one and a trial fit shows they'd work with minor modification.
If you pay more then $35.00 for a D90 body, delivered then you are paying to much.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:45 AM   #3

If you buy the RC4WD version you are wasting your money.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #4

You get what you pay for.
Lesser quality items will always be priced less.
Low end vendors without customer service and overseas sales will always result in you "getting exactly what you paid for" in ways of quality and service.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:00 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Hand on heart I can say that the £35 bodies on ebay are just as good as the RC4WD ones. I have both, bought an original RC4WD kit and a cheap £35 body off ebay and judging by the mould lines and the feel they are exactly the same.
J55TTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:22 AM   #6

I forgot to update this.

I took the plunge and an order from Asiatees arrived mid last week. The BR body is dimensionally identical and obviously comes out of a tool cut from exactly the same CAD data (components are 100% interchangeable). The only difference is the plastics are higher gloss so it remains to be seen if there are any paint adhesion issues. Other than that you don't get any decals with the BR one.

The plan was for it to donate floor, seats, dash, light buckets, wipers and door handles to another body but now I'm thinking of using styrene and Shapeways bits for that and do something else with the BR body.
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:29 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Low end vendors without customer service and overseas sales will always result in you "getting exactly what you paid for" in ways of quality and service.
My overseas body was missing a trim part, after 2 days of emailing back and forth, you know 12 hours apart so I sleeping when they are answering emails, they knew what was missing.

5 days latter I had the part in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougM View Post
I forgot to update this.

I took the plunge and an order from Asiatees arrived mid last week. The BR body is dimensionally identical and obviously comes out of a tool cut from exactly the same CAD data (components are 100% interchangeable). .
Well yeah, the body was not designed by rc4wd, it is part of a preexisting model that they decided to build a truck around.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 07-19-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Except the Boom Racing body is not low quality and they actually have great, responsive customer service. The same can't be said about RC4WD.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

D90 body: is RC4WD and Boom Racing the same? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first crawler, fitting a custom Boom Racing Rubicon Body. Autotechnica Tamiya XC/CC01 3 05-23-2018 01:03 PM
Boom racing d90/110 phat axle experiences? scalemadness General Crawlers 5 06-17-2017 04:29 AM