Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: My first crawler, fitting a custom Boom Racing Rubicon Body.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #1

Default My first crawler, fitting a custom Boom Racing Rubicon Body.

Hey guys,

I just got a brand new CC-01 chassis from a LHS that agreed to pull the FJ shell off and sell me the rest of the car alone. I don't like Tamiya's line up of shells and I'm not a fan of the lexan or polycarb bodies.

I found the now discontinued Boom Racing Wrangler Rubicon body listed on ebay. The ad says it fits SCX10 and CC-01, but I'm sure it will require extensive mods to fit, if it even fits at all. This may be a long shot, but has anyone tried to fit this body?

Boom Racing Wrangler Body For 1/10 RC Crawler Hard Top Red BR710068

I can see the interior being an issue as the tamiya electronics seem mounted pretty high up. Aside from that, the wheelbase seems to line up correctly. Anything else I should consider? The body is on it's way from Korea, so I have to make this work. I went all out and already ordered a bunch of GPM metal parts and RC channel's Axles as well as the shocks. In retrospect, for what I wanted I should have just started with an SCX10 Rubicon kit. Too late now.

thanks guys!

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 12-06-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #2

Default Re: My first crawler, fitting a custom Boom Racing Rubicon Body.

Well, finally got around to doing it. It wasn't easy. The dimensions were pretty good. I'm running the long wheelbase. The hard part was the interior. I cut out a good 60% of the entire car. All of it had to go. I already knew that the CC01 would not accommodate any sort of interior. It was a shame, because the interior was really nice! It's advertised for an SCX which basically is a stick frame that just bolts to the bottom. The CC-01 definitely looks more scale and I'm glad I stuck with the tamiya kit over the Axial for the scale look I was going for.

I have the RC Channel front and rear axles as well as the shocks/springs. The RCC 3 piece wheels are on it's way. Right now I have the Tamiya Pajero tires/rims mounted and they look really small/narrow. I might try wheel spacers or upping the diameter of the tire to over 90mm as it's the stock taimiya 86mm right now.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 12-14-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:57 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

That looks nice on there!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica View Post
Well, finally got around to doing it. It wasn't easy. The dimensions were pretty good. I'm running the long wheelbase. The hard part was the interior. I cut out a good 60% of the entire car. All of it had to go. I already knew that the CC01 would not accommodate any sort of interior. It was a shame, because the interior was really nice! It's advertised for an SCX which basically is a stick frame that just bolts to the bottom. The CC-01 definitely looks more scale and I'm glad I stuck with the tamiya kit over the Axial for the scale look I was going for.

I have the RC Channel front and rear axles as well as the shocks/springs. The RCC 3 piece wheels are on it's way. Right now I have the Tamiya Pajero tires/rims mounted and they look really small/narrow. I might try wheel spacers or upping the diameter of the tire to over 90mm as it's the stock taimiya 86mm right now.

Hey man, thanks for this. I've just got the same shell but in green and want to fit it to my CC-01 chassis. How did you end up mounting the shell to the chassis please?

Thanks!
Chrizh is offline   Reply With Quote

My first crawler, fitting a custom Boom Racing Rubicon Body. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom Racing wheels Jeckler Chit Chat 13 05-30-2016 08:49 PM
Boom racing G2rebel Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 01-15-2016 03:10 PM
Boom Racing Vengeance General Crawlers 45 11-26-2015 04:22 AM
HPI Racing Crawler King Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Skier General Crawlers 1 04-12-2011 08:23 PM