Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Old crawler won't run...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2021, 11:19 AM   #21

Default Re: Old crawler won't run...

ferp420 I didn't understand...
I have to insert the bind plug when the car is on? And about the receiver, what bind plug in the screen?
Joćo Alb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #22

I knew about the crystals, but had no idea about not needing the bind plugs.
Also I have no memories of having to bind the car when I was younger, it was just turn it on and it was done.

Maybe the transmiter's crystal got damaged...
I've looked up and it's possible to buy new crystals, is that viable?

Last edited by Joćo Alb.; 03-17-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 03-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #23
RJW

I caught a view of the transmitter on your video, it is an FM 40mgz model. No binding instructions can be found, because it does not need binding as stated in my earlier post. You may want to try gently removing the crystal in the receiver and the radio, make sure the two posts are clean and re-insert RX crystal in receiver and TX crystal in radio. Frequency numbers should match unless someone tampered with them previously. They will pull straight out, and sometimes don't make a good connection which may be causing your problem. I also noted that your rockslide is 4 wheel steering, so if you need a new radio remember not all radios are 4 wheel steering capable. Easiest way would be to replace the radio with the same upgraded model that is now 2.4ghz. and make sure the new receiver is included. If you decide just to try new crystals, they must be compatible with that Lansu radio and may be expensive making the upgraded radio worth it.
RJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #24

Okey thanks a lot for the explanation!
I'll check the crystals conections and see if anything helps.

I think it's unlikely, but it stoped working when I fitted the 3D printed trigger, so I could have damaged the circuit, yet I was carefull with it

If any of this works I will defenetly think about the upgrade, much easier than picking the crystals
Old 03-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #25
RJW

Good Luck! Redcat crystals are only 7.99, but listed as out of stock. I would guess they are no longer selling them. Just any FM crystal will not work, most are proprietary. I have 5 Lansu 3td in 2.4 GHZ that the kids use and I have never had a problem with any of them. They are also the easiest to use in 4 wheel steering mode, just 1 press of a button as you remember.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joćo Alb. View Post
ferp420 I didn't understand...
I have to insert the bind plug when the car is on? And about the receiver, what bind plug in the screen?
if it uses a crytal than it dozent matter but i was under the imprezion that crystals were fased out in the 90s

if it dosent use a crystel then it needs binding the bind plug gets put in before the esc is pluged in to the battery then press the bind button on the radio then turn on the radio and if everything is good it binds

i dont know what you had in your hand
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

it has a antena i dont know how i missed that lol that thing is old and there is the crystel right next to the antena
it wont need binding
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #28
RJW

I just caught the last post on the new trigger. Are you sure the new one made is exact to the old one? As someone stated in previous post if the new trigger is slightly off center of neutral the esc has a safety not to initiate with the radio. You might try removing the trigger for testing, turn on the radio and car and see if it connects (steering will work).
Old 03-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #29
RJW

One thing you can try before removing the trigger is to change the throttle trim to see if the esc responds. Changing the trim may set the controller in neutral and the esc may connect. Throttle trim key is located to the rear of the steering wheel. (dtm2) Turn on the radio and press up around five times, turn on the car and if nothing happens turn the car off. Press the trim key up another five times. The display on the remote will display each setting. Do this several times and turn the car on with each change, and off if no response. If no response after several trim adjustments trim back to 0 on the display and start again trimming in the opposite direction. I really think the new trigger is very slightly pushing forward or reverse and preventing the receiver to connect.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:43 PM   #30

Hello
I've tryied triming the throttle and didn't work either side
Then I tryied the old broken trigger, but it didn't connect either

Maybe later I will try a new remote, but for now I have to leave this a bit on side because of uni stuff

Thank you so much for all the help
This last posts really explained a lot and helped me understand better the situation

Happy crawling and stay all safe

Tags
redcat, redcat rockslide, redcat rs10 tech support

Old crawler won't run... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video. Rearwheelin Videos! 4 07-05-2016 10:21 PM
Rubicon Micro Crawler-First run...snowy run swiggyj Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 11-25-2013 09:37 PM
my first run on my crawler terrongregg General Crawlers 1 08-27-2007 11:08 PM
First Crawler, First Run crcoppens Tamiya TLT Crawlers 10 03-25-2007 03:42 PM