Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

View Poll Results: What tire should rc4wd make?
55 49.55%
21 18.92%
15 13.51%
20 18.02%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: RC4wd Slash tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Here's my opinion. The reason I asked mike about tires for the slash is because they make super sick scale tires, thats truely it. I know there compund isnt the greatest, but there tires are the best looking. If I wanted to grip and race, I wouldn't go with RC4WD's tires, hell no, Pro-line all the way. The reason I bought my slash as well as diesel is because of the scale looks. If I wanted to race, I'd buy an Onroad or truggy, plain an simple. Knock rc4wd's tires all you want, but their tires are the BEST looking scale tire.
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Sign me up for a set of scale BFG BAHA tires.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #23
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Sign me up for a set of scale BFG BAHA tires.
Me to I love them Bfgoodwrench BAHA's ters.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #24

Vote for the ultime tires.
doub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

the top tires will only work if you groove them like a Baja team does, but I want a tire to throw on and go with grip. We need aggrssive tires in R/C unlike the real 1:1 with tire grooving and weight.

In r/c even if you call the slash 1/8 scale the speed and weight ratios are way off. Scale speed most guys are going is 400mph while the weight is real low esp with lipo packs.
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

a revised rock crusher would look sick.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

BAJA all the way and I am going to be racing mine indoors this winter at the local off road track and I would think that they would work good on hard packed blue groove surface
draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

for racing guys by me put 17mm adapters on and are using 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires...
you can get 17mm adapters from www.neweramodels.com
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

what about the kreepy or the baja mtz or the new bfg that looks like the krawler
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoc View Post
Thats a little different then, and you said yourself its like asphalt which I said thats all they would be good for. The stock tires of the slash dont grip that well and there alot knobbier. I just think the tires that are winning would be really loose on a track, and i myself would prefer a tire that is still scale looking yet agressive. But thats just me. To each there own, I just know I wouldnt buy a set.

and it took telling us to "get your heads out of your ass's and quit riding the cocks of the 1:1's.." to convey that message along to the rest of us, brilliant...
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:44 AM   #31
I joined the Band!

I agree that the first tires look pretty lame. Theres no grip. Hows that suppose to hook up on the track of bashing? I also agree that these tires may work for 1:1's but wont as well for a rc.
Cam213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermbuster View Post
for racing guys by me put 17mm adapters on and are using 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires...
you can get 17mm adapters from www.neweramodels.com
They're completely missing the point of the Slash class. The stock tires work fine on most surfaces. Nowhere near as good as an M3 Bowtie, or a square fuzzy, but that's part of the challenge of racing this class. Some locals were doing the same thing at the first couple of races with these trucks, immediately looking for an advantage over the guys who were more concerned with keeping things scale. Most tracks have locked the rules down now - stock tires ONLY. I actually wouldn't have a problem allowing additional scale tires in the class, but they must be SCALE. No pins, blocks, or knobbies. And by scale, I'm mean something that's been run in CORR or Baja racing only (as the truck can serve either purpose).
The top tire looks like it'd work great on our indoor track when it's tacky, provided the compound is at least as soft as the stock Traxxas tires.
notahemi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by notahemi47 View Post
They're completely missing the point of the Slash class. The stock tires work fine on most surfaces. Nowhere near as good as an M3 Bowtie, or a square fuzzy, but that's part of the challenge of racing this class. Some locals were doing the same thing at the first couple of races with these trucks, immediately looking for an advantage over the guys who were more concerned with keeping things scale. Most tracks have locked the rules down now - stock tires ONLY. I actually wouldn't have a problem allowing additional scale tires in the class, but they must be SCALE. No pins, blocks, or knobbies. And by scale, I'm mean something that's been run in CORR or Baja racing only (as the truck can serve either purpose).
The top tire looks like it'd work great on our indoor track when it's tacky, provided the compound is at least as soft as the stock Traxxas tires.
Thank you. Thats my point exactly. People want racing tires instead of scale, when it's a scale truck. Mike is working on the cad now, and is going to do some revisions to it as well.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

what makes the truck so "scale" the indy rear suspension? or is it because the tires tuck? you cant fault people for also wanting a tire that would work well.. I mean doing donuts is fun and all for a 2 minutes but after that i would like my truck to actually hook up.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
what makes the truck so "scale" the indy rear suspension? or is it because the tires tuck? you cant fault people for also wanting a tire that would work well.. I mean doing donuts is fun and all for a 2 minutes but after that i would like my truck to actually hook up.
Exactly. It cracks me up when people say I want to keep my slash "scale" When was the last time antyone saw a CORR truck with IRS? You won't there is a rule against it. Or how about a pan chassis? The slash *looks* like a CORR truck but it stops right there.

On that note these things are WAY more fun to race on a track than to bash around your yard. So a tire that works well on the track is what most people are going to want I would think.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Exactly. It cracks me up when people say I want to keep my slash "scale" When was the last time antyone saw a CORR truck with IRS? You won't there is a rule against it. Or how about a pan chassis? The slash *looks* like a CORR truck but it stops right there.

On that note these things are WAY more fun to race on a track than to bash around your yard. So a tire that works well on the track is what most people are going to want I would think.

Alright so what about peoples scale builds? People say its scale, but not all cars have solid axles, 4-links, or leafsprings all around. Most offroad vehicles don't have 19in or 22in rims do they? Im sure you can get my point here. Who knows though, rc4wd's tires might be good for speed. I've noticed most of the ones I've had were great at highspeeds.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator13 View Post
People say its scale, but not all cars have solid axles, 4-links, or leafsprings all around.
Not all cars do, but the 1:1's of the scalers that are being built in the scale section do. I have never seen an Indy Jeep Wrangler, have you? If so, it did not come that way from the factory. I have, however, seen plenty of Wranglers with F/R solid axles on 4 links or leafs front/rear. Now, I bet if the scale guys could get their hands on a set of rims smaller than 1.9 and could find some good tires that would fit them, then they would run that setup. Who said that the scalers built here are built after factory vehicles?

That being said, I would like to see the Baja in two compounds....one that is hard and one that is soft....for the different types of racing that people will encounter.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Not all cars do, but the 1:1's of the scalers that are being built in the scale section do. I have never seen an Indy Jeep Wrangler, have you? If so, it did not come that way from the factory. I have, however, seen plenty of Wranglers with F/R solid axles on 4 links or leafs front/rear. Now, I bet if the scale guys could get their hands on a set of rims smaller than 1.9 and could find some good tires that would fit them, then they would run that setup. Who said that the scalers built here are built after factory vehicles?

That being said, I would like to see the Baja in two compounds....one that is hard and one that is soft....for the different types of racing that people will encounter.
See thats not what I meant. I know jeeps don't have indy setup, but you know what Im talking about. It depends on how you look at it. Im sure somewhere out there there is a corr or baja with indy suspention. Might not me known very well but it's still possible. And some things you guys are getting picky about. Haha. Not trying to cause conflict or anything as people have there own opinion. Here's an different example. Tamiya's XC Jeep. People call it scale when its not? No jeep has indy front suspention.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Hey, it is the internet....I am required to take everything out of context!

I think the Bajas would work great where I race....that is why I wanted them. I also think they would look great on this truck.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Hey, it is the internet....I am required to take everything out of context!

I think the Bajas would work great where I race....that is why I wanted them. I also think they would look great on this truck.
Hahaha. No worries man.

They should work great hopefully. Mike said he was going to work on the cad, should space it out a bit more then the 1:1 but thats fine as long as it looks good.