Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

View Poll Results: What tire should rc4wd make?
55 49.55%
21 18.92%
15 13.51%
20 18.02%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: RC4wd Slash tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator13 View Post
...should space it out a bit more then the 1:1...
I think that is an EXCELLENT idea!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I think if everyone uses the stock tires it keeps the racing on a level playing field.....The basic truck is inexpensive and durable. The guys who put on the buggy wheels/tires and adapters are adding about $100 to the cost.....Next they will add a BL set up so the $200 slash becomes $500 in a blink of the eye....Keeping it stock is fun...especially when racing (doing battle) with a track full of slashes...I cant wait for a clear body....
You get into a tangle...the smoke clears and you lose track of which car you are driving.... Im enjoying the Slash
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
See thats not what I meant. I know jeeps don't have indy setup, but you know what Im talking about. It depends on how you look at it. Im sure somewhere out there there is a corr or baja with indy suspention. Might not me known very well but it's still possible. And some things you guys are getting picky about. Haha. Not trying to cause conflict or anything as people have there own opinion. Here's an different example. Tamiya's XC Jeep. People call it scale when its not? No jeep has indy front suspention.
you wont find a indy corr truck because there are rules against it. the truck it is model after is a straight axle so it is not model very correct in the first place.. why did traxxas do that I wonder. available parts and performance in this scale the indy performs better.. so traxxas went with better performance over scale looks, but no tire should perform better or it is not "scale"?

I agree with the guys that are keeping them box stock for racing that is the way to do it. and that would make any other tire illegal for racing anyway.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
you wont find a indy corr truck because there are rules against it. the truck it is model after is a straight axle so it is not model very correct in the first place.. why did traxxas do that I wonder. available parts and performance in this scale the indy performs better.. so traxxas went with better performance over scale looks, but no tire should perform better or it is not "scale"?

I agree with the guys that are keeping them box stock for racing that is the way to do it. and that would make any other tire illegal for racing anyway.
Im just saying it's possible. Someone might have one custom built out there. They(traxxas) probally figured that for racing the indy suspention would be better for racing idk.

The tire thing, here's a picture of my tire, I've ran the balls off of my truck and need new tires in the future. Not everyone is looking to race, Im not. Not sure what you guy's think but some people don't want to race while some do. Im not sure on the box stock racing though. I'd like to see a box stock and modified. Some people can't afford the lipo's and such to run in the box stock to keep up with everything. IDK, I gotta think more.

Rear tire

Front Tire

I've had the truck a little over a week btw. And sorry for the retarded phone pictures.
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The tire thing, here's a picture of my tire, I've ran the balls off of my truck and need new tires in the future. Not everyone is looking to race, Im not. Not sure what you guy's think but some people don't want to race while some do. Im not sure on the box stock racing though. I'd like to see a box stock and modified. Some people can't afford the lipo's and such to run in the box stock to keep up with everything. IDK, I gotta think more.
Exactly. I destroyed the stock tires pretty quick. I race this truck on mixed surfaces...not just dirt....and, FWIW, it is not stock.

It would be ridiculous to limit the products out there to those only interested in stock racing. Let RC4WD make these tires....if folks who only race stock dont like them, then they dont have to buy them. For the rest of us, it will be nice to have some choices!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Exactly. I destroyed the stock tires pretty quick. I race this truck on mixed surfaces...not just dirt....and, FWIW, it is not stock.

It would be ridiculous to limit the products out there to those only interested in stock racing. Let RC4WD make these tires....if folks who only race stock dont like them, then they dont have to buy them. For the rest of us, it will be nice to have some choices!
I know exactly what your saying.

They want to limit things to stock, but what about others? My truck probally see's more airtime because thats the person I am. I think the baja's would do good in mixed conditions. Street, dirt etc.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

wat if rc4wd made the baja tire for the guys who race mostly hard stuff and a tire for the guys who are in the mud and loose stuff all the time i think mud graplers would be a pretty damn good tire imo
U$edUpH00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=861 the BFG M/T it is hell ya
U$edUpH00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by U$edUpH00ker View Post
Any reason for it being a 1.9 instead of the stock 2.2 size?
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
Any reason for it being a 1.9 instead of the stock 2.2 size?
Because it's not for the Slash
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by max power View Post
Because it's not for the Slash
I figured that was probably why. Any word on what tire they are going to make or has it been decided yet?
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
I figured that was probably why. Any word on what tire they are going to make or has it been decided yet?
I've talked to Mike about the Baja and he said he'd cad something up. He said it would be about a week or two (a week ago)
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
what makes the truck so "scale" the indy rear suspension? or is it because the tires tuck? you cant fault people for also wanting a tire that would work well.. I mean doing donuts is fun and all for a 2 minutes but after that i would like my truck to actually hook up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Exactly. It cracks me up when people say I want to keep my slash "scale" When was the last time antyone saw a CORR truck with IRS? You won't there is a rule against it. Or how about a pan chassis? The slash *looks* like a CORR truck but it stops right there.
Ivan Stewart's Toyota TT? Alan Pflueger's new IRS TT taht he's working on? Jeep Cherokee TT or the Kia TT from a few years back? all those had IRS in some form or another. I remember last year I believe it was one of the short course offroad series had a older truck in it that used a buggy-style trailing arm rear suspension rather than a solid axle, if memory serves. with exception of the short course rig using trailing arms, the rigs I referenced ran baja rather than the likes of Crandon or Chula Vista, but still

Last edited by Slyp Dawg; 08-31-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Slyp Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:49 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

More tire options are always good,scale or not.I have a narrowed set of proline dirthawgs that I made for a crawler project that look really cool under the slash,not sure how they would hook up or even if they would stay together.Anybody try these yet?
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

what about the bfg km2? that would be a sweet looking scale tire.
06yz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #56

the baja ta for sure but i recomend makin it a little larger possibly closer to a 2.2 scale size. tires that come with it are 2 small
kx250motoguy is offline   Reply With Quote