Thread: A new Mullit Machine - IROC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #41
RCC Addict

looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

That is just too sick.... I dig it! What is the overall width of your wheel/axle combo there on the rear?

I need to find another Gremlin body and build one of these...

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 05-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #43
RCC Addict

the gremlin idea would be bitchin.

ok well i got the front supension almost done. the front subframe/cradle is bolt on as well as the servo crossmember/engine mount. also got the motor mount in and plan to pick up the jato topshaft, slipper setup, and big spur gear this week. when done it should be extremely clean reliable setup. body and interior are mounted and i am starting to work on the engine and interior details and all. the body is warped slightly so its proving hard to line everything up. i have to change the offset on the rear wheels slightly to get them further out near the fenders, then i will finnish smoothing, glueing, and priming the wheels so i can get them out to KC for some chroming. Thanks again bud! i have a lot to do, clean up, buy, and sort out but here is the progress so far. tomorrow i will build the battery mount, and start the styrene work on the interior. enjoy........

Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #44
RCC Addict

ok well there hasn't been much for updates lately because i need to go pick up some glue and more styrene. i need to order a jato imput shaft, and one more set of pede rims to cut up and change the offset of the rear tires.

i did however find out that i acidentally bought another model for $70. i bid on it on ebay and apparently won. i hadn't checked on it in about 2 weeks. it is an iroc so i will be using that car for the body and nose. however i will be selling off the other kit which will be a complete 1982 z/28 kit on here. if anyone is interested in picking up the kit for their own project pm me. tonite im gonna buld the battery pack and fuel cell holder. thanks
Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #45
RCC Addict

ok well i have been slowly working on the project. i got a iroc model so i now have a better body and the fit to the chassis is a little nicer. plus i like the fact its molded in black. i built the wheelie bar setup but i still need to sleeve and connect the parallel bars and find some suitable wheels. started building the engine but i need to make my own intake manifold, breather, and headers. the radiator and fan setup will be changed a little from the pictures. got the trans finnished and brazed up a driveshaft so once i get a larger spur the drivetrain will be done. just a highlift steering bellcrank housing with added bearings, and a slipper setup and imput shaft from a pede trans. fery simple and free from the spare parts bucket. i need to redo the battery tray with a slight taper to clear the wheelie bar start the interior styrene work. i just wanted to get the body mounted just right befor i got to far ahead. look good?

you can barely tell what axle is hiding underneath all the bracketry....

whatcha think?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

WOW is what I think
zueslilbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #47
RCC Addict

This is turning out great! That driveshaft is pretty beefed up as well, nice work.
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #48
Sinking with the ship

Kick ass!
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #49

Very cool! Makes me want to try my hand at building a drag car.
A.R.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #50
~THE SCALE SHOP~

damn nice.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
RCC Addict

thanks guys. kinda got put on hold cause i unvolentarily lowered my 1:1 truck. broken lower ball joint and KOed tie rod end. thanks God that it broke in my driveway. got it all fixed yesterday for only $150. tommorrow i start a much better job so i ought to have a little more money and time to tinker with it. waiting on nice weather to start the body work. got the wheelie bar finnished up and body mounts finnalized. interior is next......

Old 05-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Hey had an idea for the wheelie bar wheels... Get your self a peice of 5/16"Dia black delrin rod Drill it down the center with maybe 1/8" dril bit(or whatever the thickness is of the threaded rod you have for the wheelie bar axle)and then cut, let's say (2) 1/8" disks, and them just to ease the edges. Easy Scale Black Hockey Puck Wheelie Bar Wheel...

Edit Added: On second look maybe 3/8"Dia Delrin rod would be better or more to scale
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #53
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
thanks guys. kinda got put on hold cause i unvolentarily lowered my 1:1 truck. broken lower ball joint and KOed tie rod end. thanks God that it broke in my driveway. got it all fixed yesterday for only $150. tommorrow i start a much better job so i ought to have a little more money and time to tinker with it. waiting on nice weather to start the body work. got the wheelie bar finnished up and body mounts finnalized. interior is next......

i like how your front body mount doubles as the factory air deflector thing on the 1:1. its really starting to look good. cant wait to see this thing launch.

have you thought about creating a line lock device?
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #54
RCC Addict

that was the idea on the body mount unfortunately it doesn't hang down enough. i have been pondering the linelock over and over and really there is a lack of room for anything other than just something the moves down to the ground on the front and stops the car. that is the one thing that really bothers me that i want to figure out.........any ideas?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #55
Hateraide

looks awesome so far keep it up
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Did I miss where you said what tires you have in the rear?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #57
RCC Addict

panther burner racing slicks. they offer two compounds. i took the chance on the softs. i wish they were a tad taller but oh well. thanks

Last edited by looneybin; 05-19-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #58
20K Club

Quote:
panther burner racing slicks. they offer two compounds. i took the chance on the softs. i wish they were a tad taller but oh well. thanks
Oh I am sure those will get taller with that mamba motor

Are those belted or anything?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Oh man nice build! It looks great so far, good work
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #60
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
that was the idea on the body mount unfortunately it doesn't hang down enough. i have been pondering the linelock over and over and really there is a lack of room for anything other than just something the moves down to the ground on the front and stops the car. that is the one thing that really bothers me that i want to figure out.........any ideas?
I didn't see if the fronts were 12mm hexed or not, but the front brakes of a venom motorcycle are 12mm and have floating calipers, maybe that could be adapted?
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote