Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My HPI Mini-Trophy Truck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My HPI Mini-Trophy Truck!

Truck looks really nice. Wheels are perfect.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #43

Hey there guys I have seen on some sights people trying to fit in longer shocks up front but found the dog bones would fall out ..... I found a solution Axial's exo has drive shafts dog bones the dog bones for the front work they are a 60mm dog bone there is a little up travel bindage but you do get the front end up ... it will run you a little over $40 bucks part # AX30424
Bigjonrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

I have question I'm getting one no mater what the just look to cool I need one lol
But how dose it do in stock form can it handle a 2s and could I use it on some trail run I know it won't be a good crawler but I'm looking for something I can drive down the walking trail then blast the beach
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #45

It will do 2s on stock esc but it has no cut off so be careful. on the beach it will be ok towards the harder sand near the water but watch for puddles as electronics are not water proof. IMHO I think is best to get rid of the stock electronics. you will enjoy the truck much more that way I have done a bunch of upgrades to mine and love it (you can't beat the way it looks) just to name a couple I have proline shocks on mine and love them, I have a velineon system on mine. I also noticed that with the prolines at 30W and original (no spring) at 70W the rear trailing link gives some, so I filled the hollow link (you can open it up from the top by where the shocks mount) filled the hollow rear trailing arms with 2 part epoxy (jb weld will work). it makes it way more rigid. also where the rear shocks bolt to the frame if you follow the tube cage (by the rear of the window) and push down on the back of the truck you can see that the shock bolt area separates from the frame cage (rear bar of windows) if you use a zip tie there it strengthens that area a lot and prevents that gap from happening. these are just a few mods I wish I could post pics but I just can't figure out how sorry
scaleistheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
also.. I want to ziptie some screen pieces to my rollcage to keep the dirt chunks & debree out of the interior and out of the motor fan.
I want to make some rubber mudflaps as well.
I went the screened in route, but used a sheet of motorcycle air filter material cut to size. It was ok, but didn't help with larger debris kicked up by the front wheels. I found that this fender template worked best.
Remington's MTDT - HPI Mini Trophy Forum

You may need to do some trimming, etc, but it's the best set up I've found so far. I used the flexible plastic cover from an old 3 ring binder to make the fender (and Wraith panels, and other stuff). I left the downward edges a tad longer, so they help to keep more stuff out from under the sides. I'll take some pics and post them up for reference.
turbodan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I mounted the front body posts through the fender, which gives it a much more stable set up. The fuzzy Velcro patch is just a soft buffer between body & fender.

Sent from mobile, with clumsy thumbs, tiny keyboards & autocorrect. Of course this post makes no sense!
Attached Images

turbodan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

What happened with these things. Seems like they fell of the face of the earth. I bought one new years ago and it kinda just mostly sat. Now that I'd like to upgrade it, it seems like theres nothing left. Can't even find one on Ebay.
SuperAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

There are 2 still rolling in our club. Truck was never really that popular. I love mine for some reason - saw the writing on the wall and bought up a bunch of spare parts a while ago.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote