Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: DHK Maximus First Off-Road Bashing Test - PASSED!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default DHK Maximus First Off-Road Bashing Test - PASSED!!

You know the old saying, “If it’s not breaking, you ain’t bashing.” Based on that, I didn't really bash the truck. But I SWEAR I DID! I posted a video link below to prove it!

DHK Maximus Bashing Test After Upgraded Motor, ESC and Differential Fluid - YouTube

I pushed the truck pretty hard, but it didn’t break. I didn't give the Max any HUGE air, but I did run it through jump after jump with crash after crash. Cartwheels are pretty tough on suspension components and I did enough cartwheels over a 3-day time span to make a gymnast jealous! With good-quality aftermarket electronics in the Max, I was finally able to run it long enough to see if the structural components were any good. I was stunned! The chassis and suspension took more than some of my other trucks costing twice as much. The DHK Maximus went from being a dog in my fleet to being the “Go To” truck. My son and grandson both choose it as their favorite now. My Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 is still my personal favorite basher, but it's faster and a handful to control. The DHK Maximus is so easy to drive and handles so well that it makes a novice feel confident. I decided to leave a slower pinion gear on it for just that purpose. My son and grandson are both novices, so they are drawn to the Maximus now because they have FUN with it instead of being frustrated by it. FUN is what bashing should be all about.

If you do not currently own a DHK Maximus, I still probably do not recommend it unless you get a really crazy good deal on it - like HALF price. I know that sounds kind of harsh after the praise I just gave it. But I have my reasons: First, you MUST change the motor, ESC and servo immediately. That adds a couple hundred to the cost of the truck right up front. If you paid full retail for the DHK Maximus, the new components will make it more expensive than many other trucks with better initial components and better aftermarket support. And that's the other reason I would have people steer clear of DHK - total lack of aftermarket support. Thankfully, it doesn't break much. But if it does, the ONLY place you can get parts for it is from the DHK distributor in your country (HobbyPeople, HobbyTown, HobbyTron, HobbyStore, etc).

I'll end on a good note: IF you can get a good deal on the DHK Maximus, and if you are good at wrenching on RC's so that you can do your own work, then you WILL end up with a bashing truck that is sheer pleasure to drive. I love mine now. That's a far cry from the days I considered putting it in a trash compactor...

Last edited by MailManX; 05-31-2014 at 08:47 AM.
MailManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #2

Default Re: DHK Maximus First Off-Road Bashing Test - PASSED!!

Great vid MailMailX. You bash a lot harder than do. Gives me the motivation to go out and give it heaps!
Warmntoasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: DHK Maximus First Off-Road Bashing Test - PASSED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmntoasty View Post
Great vid MailMailX. You bash a lot harder than do. Gives me the motivation to go out and give it heaps!
Thanks! I actually thought that I was holding back a bit. Compared to what some guys do with their Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 rigs on Youtube, my video was just a walk in the park. To me, there is a distinct line between bashing and trying to achieve low orbit with uncontrolled re-entry. Those guys get three or four jumps then call it a day because something breaks. Although I enjoy working on my RC, I still wanna run through a few packs before having to replace a bunch of stuff. It seems like a better return on investment.
MailManX is offline   Reply With Quote

DHK Maximus First Off-Road Bashing Test - PASSED!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REPORT: DHK Hobby Maximus Motor and ESC MailManX Non Crawler RC's 24 10-17-2014 07:56 PM
DHK Maximus Center Diff Rebuild (ADDED: Link to Test Video) MailManX Non Crawler RC's 3 09-06-2014 07:32 PM
Palmdale / Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley) Off-Road Bashing Spots? MailManX Non Crawler RC's 4 05-22-2014 09:17 PM
Short course trucks and buggies bashing at Rifle Range Road RC offroad adventures boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 02-01-2014 07:59 AM
Slow motion bashing clips at Rifle Range Road - RC slowmo offroad adventures boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 01-01-2014 07:47 AM