Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Guys I want to get sideways

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Guys I want to get sideways

I saw a 3racing sakura d3 at my lhs. It seemed to be more purpose driven than the hpi stuff. Has anyone had the sakura? I am looking to get a drift chassis under 300$. I would prefer a kit at this point, really looking for a good starting point for the chassis. I will almost guaranteed start upgrading the weak points as I find them. So what do you guys recommend?
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Guys I want to get sideways

DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I've been lurking there quite a bit. Just seeing if anyone here has any experience. I research extensively before I make a kit purchase, so I'm not in a rush by any means.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have a Sakura D3 that I got in a trade, but I never really caught the bug. 50/50 cars are considerably easier to drive than countersteer and I didn't like it enough to really spend the time or energy to get any good. All that said I think the Sakura Chassis is quite decent for the money and there seems to be plenty of room to upgrade slowly.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I ran a sprint 2 for over a year and a half and it was fun but then I stumbled upon the Sakura D3, did lots of research on YouTube and various forum sites before pulling the trigger on the kit, but yes there is a few mandatory upgrades out of the box, a front one way, wide angle cv's and a centre belt tensioner, I ordered all these with the kit and built mine before Xmas. I have been running it hard almost every Sunday against sprint 2's and E10's and i have enjoyed drifting with 50/50 cars, I took a bad hit last Sunday at our local skatepark from a sprint 2 flux, I was stopped he was full throttle and he broke my passenger side A arm so waiting on alum ones, other than that I love my D3, fun to build and fun to drive once you get used to the cs, I ran a brushed axial system for a few Sundays to get a feel then went from there
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Newb View Post
I ran a sprint 2 for over a year and a half and it was fun but then I stumbled upon the Sakura D3, did lots of research on YouTube and various forum sites before pulling the trigger on the kit, but yes there is a few mandatory upgrades out of the box, a front one way, wide angle cv's and a centre belt tensioner, I ordered all these with the kit and built mine before Xmas. I have been running it hard almost every Sunday against sprint 2's and E10's and i have enjoyed drifting with 50/50 cars, I took a bad hit last Sunday at our local skatepark from a sprint 2 flux, I was stopped he was full throttle and he broke my passenger side A arm so waiting on alum ones, other than that I love my D3, fun to build and fun to drive once you get used to the cs, I ran a brushed axial system for a few Sundays to get a feel then went from there
Thanks for the info. This is what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of hpi, so I was looking right past them. I may just get the kit and build it, then order the upgrades down the road.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Mine is listed in the for sale section, post is maybe a week old now.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Guys I want to get sideways - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving the battery behind the seats sideways. NoLime Axial Wraith 12 08-27-2014 02:36 PM
Going sideways along a slope h5djr Axial Wraith 4 06-15-2012 02:36 PM
get sideways MaXX_CrAWlER7 Chit Chat 3 07-29-2007 02:12 PM
Turning trans sideways . morehorsepower Traxxas Crawlers 3 03-02-2007 07:49 PM
pinion moves sideways during flex RockRacer1 Newbie General 5 11-22-2006 08:38 PM