Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: summer series comp number 2 in june

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

When you gonna get pictures of yours up? These are just my mock up shots and old ones at that. One of the chassis in the background is already painted and waiting on the engine enamel 7 day cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
well I just picked up a new chassis so you ladies better watch out on the 15th

heres a few pics of the new ride (chassis was built by mriswith)

Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Mine just dried I went with rust-stop enamel from Ace Hardware. I used a wire brush to clean it up and put on about 4 coats of primer, waited a day, and started laying down the black. turned out pretty good

mine is basically ready except I am waiting on a battery and internal springs from TCS. I'm low on funds at the moment so I'm gonna have to run my Rebel 2 until I save up enough scratch to get a rooster:-(

Have you tried running your shocks upside down to lower the CG, is there any disadvantage from doing it like that?
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I think the weight of the oil and shockcap is minor enough that it's not that big of an issue but I don't see any disadvantages. The clearance issue's are really whats stopped me from doing it. I don't think the flipping the shocks is worth the effort just yet. My comp buggy is light enough (under 5lbs 2oz including the total 7oz of weight in the front wheels) that I haven't ruled it out yet so I may try it later on down the road.

I should have a choice of comp tubers to run for this comp. Its just a matter of only having maybe 3 days to get the new running when I get back. As long as your after me in comp line up, I'll show you how to drive that buggy ... hehehe

Last edited by Mriswith; 06-02-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
As long as your after me in comp line up, I'll show you how to drive that buggy ... hehehe
sounds good!

me and Dave had a blast today with our Yotas. We went to the japanese rock garden, which is a pretty cool spot. I found another awesome spot on belmont but it will require some waterproofing.

I remember you saying that the viper speed control you gave me didn't work too well for crawlers, why was that?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

I can't quite remeber but I think it was the reverse delay and the BEC amperage probably really sucked
Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
sounds good!

me and Dave had a blast today with our Yotas. We went to the japanese rock garden, which is a pretty cool spot. I found another awesome spot on belmont but it will require some waterproofing.
Hey, you guys aren't doing a bunch of practicing are you?
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Sounds like it to me. They must have got worried after seeing my Driving Skills........................................NOT! !!!!!!

LOL

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post
Sounds like it to me. They must have got worried after seeing my Driving Skills........................................NOT! !!!!!!

LOL

Jason
I know those two scalers. One needs to be brushing up on his new comp tuber and the other needs to hurry up and get Scorpion. I've got a chassis waiting for him. Mine shouldn't be the only tuber there, the best sure but not the only one

I'd be practicing for you two guys too but I didn't bring mine to Vegas with me
Old 06-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post

LOL

Jason
my comp rig isn't even done so it'd be hard to practice by the time my rig is ready i'll only have a couple days to get the feel of it.:-(

mriswith is right though, me and my friend dave took out our scale yotas out to a couple spots, but not where the comp is. although we have crawled where the comp is, you out of towners will choose where the gates are

Jason, does maxamps make a split battery to mount on an axial axle? (NiMH) like this one

Last edited by 701 Technique; 06-04-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

My comp tuber is drying now, so I will have one there too. heh heh By the way what time was everyone thinking. I have lots of people asking me when and where. The where I know, but not the time. I was thinking show about 10 and start at 12. That way can eat before and be home for dinner.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Good point. How about some directions for us out of towners. The time frame sounds fine to me.

If you guys don't have gate markers I'll bring ours along with score sheets.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

The easiest directions for getting to Demers bridge - East Grand Forks side

From Minot on Highway 2
Highway 2 then South on I-29 ( Demers is the next exit )
I-29 to Exit 140 - Demers Ave

From Fargo on I-29
I-29 to Exit 140 - Demers Ave

You end up driving all the way through town to the river but there are no turns. Stay on Demers Ave until the river bridge. The bridge is an old overhead steel girder affair. Once your on the river bridge there will be a Cabelas Sporting goods directly ahead on the left. Immediately after the bridge and before the Cabelas, on the left (south) there is a parking lot on along the river. Park there. The rocks are down the hill along the river right in front of the parking lot.

This is the area underneath the bridge. The cars in the very upper right is where you want to park

And this is the type and size of rock down there. By the way is one of the two scalers mentioned a couple posts back.

Last edited by Mriswith; 06-09-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Turn his lefts into rights and make sure you head east on demers ave towards minnesota.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info. I can't wait.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
Turn his lefts into rights and make sure you head east on demers ave towards minnesota.

My mistake. I was having an indepth consultation with my Miller Brewing design team and watching some boring oval racing. I was drinking everytime the cars turned left.

It's time to leave sunny Las Vegas. My liver needs a break.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

So who is all going to be there this sunday. it sounds like it will be me trev and mylan maybe a new guy with a rtr from minot.

i was thinking we should have a trail class in the future for our comps too im working on my new one hoping to have it done for the next comp. we could do some crawling around river beds mud bogs and stuff like they do for the top truck challanges. what do you guys think? the gf guys have plenty of scale rigs.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

up until my first comp tuber which debuted at last months comp, all I did was scale/trail. I'm all for a seperate trail type class. Then I'll have a good excuse to get back to work on my Hilux and do the drive train swap on my Sniper scaler, WK axles baby, looks even better with the All-T's.

I plan to be there and our photographer from last time should be there.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Jason, Dave , and myself will be there forsure. Dave has scale rig and Jason has an x-trail. I don't know if he has a body for it yet. I am trying to get a scaler together but have not.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #39
RCC Addict

I haven't finished mine yet. Just haven't had time to pick up the body or make the bumpers yet. Just bringing the comp rig only this time.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Jason, Dave , and myself will be there forsure. Dave has scale rig and Jason has an x-trail. I don't know if he has a body for it yet. I am trying to get a scaler together but have not.
I can put together my FJ for scale runs if thats all Dave has. I hadn't planned on bringing it since it's tore down for my new comp chassis testing. If there are gonna be a couple scalers there and some interest in running them I can bring it along.