Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: summer series comp number 2 in june

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default summer series comp number 2 in june

me and tqcookie have been discussing having the second installment of the summer series the weekend of June 15th in Grand Forks.

Please post some feedback so we can get an idea of who would be able to make it and if it would be a good weekend for a comp. I know of at least 6 people in grand forks who will attend.

Nothing is set in stone, just an idea.

I had a great time in Fargo and I have already bought the last Axial AX-10 at Hobbytown to start working on a more comp-worthy rig.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Count me in for sure. Either I will have a comp rig by then, or I can be photographer again.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #3

I'll try to make it, but my dad is currently scheduled for surgery on the twelve of June. If all is goes well I will come.
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i could possibly make it not for sure though i have car shows dam near every weekend in june thats the only weekend i dont so im not sure if i would have the finances for the weekend depends on who goes maybe if the bis guys go they could pick us up that would help. i know that just two people going is guite expensive. i also read that brandon from dickinson wanted to have his on the 22 of june and i know that a few of us are going to mn for there summer finally comp. i guess we will all just have to give our feedback and see what works best for everyone even if a few of us cant make it.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
i could possibly make it not for sure though i have car shows dam near every weekend in june thats the only weekend i dont so im not sure if i would have the finances for the weekend depends on who goes maybe if the bis guys go they could pick us up that would help. i know that just two people going is guite expensive. i also read that brandon from dickinson wanted to have his on the 22 of june and i know that a few of us are going to mn for there summer finally comp. i guess we will all just have to give our feedback and see what works best for everyone even if a few of us cant make it.
I'm actually training in for a new job this week so my summer is up in the air as well, I just wanna get in some good crawling

Minot is doable for me but probably not Dickinson. (Gas prices + fullsize truck)
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I am in for sure on the 15th. I will drag Dave with me kicking and screaming if I have to.

Brandon posted the wrong date for Dickinson. I am pretty sure it will be Sun July 20th.

I think the you just have to pick the date Jay. Hopefully the majority of the people can make it. If they can't thay will just have to use that date as a throw out for the points. Not everyone will be able to make all of the comps.

If we have a comp in Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismark, Minot, and Dickinson we will definately have 1 throw out. We all need to get together and decide if there should only be 1 throw out or 2.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I actually can't make the 15 of june. I will be in colorado again. A week later would work better for me. Course that is up to everyone.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default Works 4 Me...

The 15th works good for me...and Tony will not have to drag me there...hopefully with have my NEW truck done by then....sorry Tony I have to rub it in.......
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Looks like the 15th is going to have to be the day, the spot is underneath the Demers bridge in East Grand Forks. The turn out should be good and I will be advertising at the local Hobbytown. Maybe that will help to get some guys who bought the axial kits out there so we can show them how to crawl

Anyways, I'm starting a new job so I'm hoping that this date will be open for me as well. If I happen to not be able to make it I'm sure Mriswith or someone will be able to take over.

Should be a good time
Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I adjusted my schedule a bit and should make it now.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

If my trip runs on schedule I should be back in plenty of time. I better make it. It's probably the last one of the year I'll be able to make.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #12
RCC Addict

TQCookie's gonna be down here in Alexandria on the 14th with me for a Swapmeet funfly at the Flying club here. Then I will be following him back to Fargo that night and going with him and Dave to the Comp on Sunday. So count me in.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
I adjusted my schedule a bit and should make it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
If my trip runs on schedule I should be back in plenty of time. I better make it. It's probably the last one of the year I'll be able to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post
TQCookie's gonna be down here in Alexandria on the 14th with me for a Swapmeet funfly at the Flying club here. Then I will be following him back to Fargo that night and going with him and Dave to the Comp on Sunday. So count me in.

Jason
thats what I like to hear
Old 05-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Default the king has left the building

well I just picked up a new chassis so you ladies better watch out on the 15th

heres a few pics of the new ride (chassis was built by mriswith)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

That looks sweet man. Now you have to get a set of good comp tires to go with it. I have heard alot of great things about the new Panther tires. Maybee you should give those a try.

Get us some pics after you get some paint and body pannels on that thing.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
That looks sweet man. Now you have to get a set of good comp tires to go with it. I have heard alot of great things about the new Panther tires. Maybee you should give those a try.

Get us some pics after you get some paint and body pannels on that thing.
Panthers was actually what I was thinking, they seem to be getting better reviews than the losi's. I just broke my camera on the rocks a couple days ago but I'll get some pics when she's done.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Interesting. Looks very good sofar.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
RCC Addict

whats the rules on rear-steer?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

official 2.2 rules? no rear steer. If you run it, it would be classified as a Class 1 Super Crawler rig and run with the big boys and NOT the 2.2's.

Now if you want to modify the rules for a local event that's a whole different deal. There are a couple clubs accross the states that allow rear steer on a 2.2 but from what I've heard, they're few and far between.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
official 2.2 rules? no rear steer. If you run it, it would be classified as a Class 1 Super Crawler rig and run with the big boys and NOT the 2.2's.

Now if you want to modify the rules for a local event that's a whole different deal. There are a couple clubs accross the states that allow rear steer on a 2.2 but from what I've heard, they're few and far between.
that sux:-( the whole going straight while crooked thing is bada$$