Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: summer series comp number 2 in june

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

i dont think i will have my trail truck ready i dont have a frame built or axles. do you guys run lathe motors in yours or do you have something a little faster? i was thinking of an 27 or a rtr motor or somthing with some speed and good torque for slinging some mud. i may get the frame built tonight and i can borrow some axles to get it running we'll see.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

The White FJ posted here runs a 35T. I run 35-55 lathes depending on my mood and wheel diameter. I prefer the run time with the lathes and I'm usually trying to crawl them anyway. The black Axial FJ I'm bringing will either have a 35t or 55 lathe depending on what I got laying around.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I will be bringing my cr-01....have yet to finish all my scale stuff for it tho...and I have painted up a new body, no more clear flames for my comp rig...also re-worked my dig...hoping things go better for me this time
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #44
RCC Addict

I could bring my scaler, I just gotta get a speed control in it. I am desperately trying to get my new comp rig done, but I've put in about 40 hours of work in the past 3 days and have had little sleep, I am pretty sure It will be ready though.

I know a couple sweet spots for trail rigs in GF, but you would probably want to waterproof your rigs. If anyone is down for a scale GTG in GF let me know.

i checked the forecast and it looks like a pretty good chance that we'll be OK (alot of the rocks are under a bridge anyway)
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

well big thanks to marc, my rig is ready to go..we did some testing in the dark last nite after it was done and it seems to be working as it should be. should have the pede back together today too. see ya guys sunday!
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #46

I'll be there at about 11 or there abouts. I think the designated time keeper is coming with too.
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Might need a change of venue. I just got back and there is a "Grand Cities Art Fest" on both sides of the river on Demers. It runs on Sunday from 10am - 5pm. The parking lot where we'd be is full of pavillion tents and the road will probable be blocked off.

Since this is your deal Jay, you got any alternate plans?

I say meet at Hobby Town at 11 and we'll go from there.

Hobby Town is on the corner of Columbia and 32nd Street. Take the 32nd Street exit from I-29. Its the first exit if your coming from Fargo. Its the exit after Demer's if your coming from Hiway 2. Make a left onto Columbia and Hobby Town is on the Right. You should be able to see it from the stoplight.

I checked out Sertoma Park today and there are a couple lines in the dry waterfall we can run. A lot of climbs. Here's a couple pics I took just like an hour ago. It's one alternative. Hopefully there are a couple more ideas of spots from us local guys. Not bad pics for just my phone camera

Last edited by Mriswith; 06-14-2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Figured out the "Event" and times
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #48

That sucks about the "event". Meeting at hobbytown @ 11 sounds like a good idea!
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Might need a change of venue. I just got back and there is a "Grand Cities Art Fest" on both sides of the river on Demers. It runs on Sunday from 10am - 5pm. The parking lot where we'd be is full of pavillion tents and the road will probable be blocked off.

Since this is your deal Jay, you got any alternate plans?

I say meet at Hobby Town at 11 and we'll go from there.

Hobby Town is on the corner of Columbia and 32nd Street. Take the 32nd Street exit from I-29. Its the first exit if your coming from Fargo. Its the exit after Demer's if your coming from Hiway 2. Make a left onto Columbia and Hobby Town is on the Right. You should be able to see it from the stoplight.

I checked out Sertoma Park today and there are a couple lines in the dry waterfall we can run. A lot of climbs. Here's a couple pics I took just like an hour ago. It's one alternative. Hopefully there are a couple more ideas of spots from us local guys. Not bad pics for just my phone camera

I just noticed that bullshit downtown today, I think a change of venue will be a must considering our parking spots are gone and downtown will be full of idiots. I have been working my ass off all week so I had no idea this crap was going on, my bad guys:-(

the plan for now is too meet at hobbytown and go from there, I know of a couple places that will work, that sertoma park is fun, there are a couple of cool water crossings there. Another spot is on the outside of town behind RDO foods, it is a pretty sweet spot but with all the rain lately it may require a little walk to the rocks.

Thanks for bringing this up Jim, my comp rig is all ready to go so we are definitely doin something
Old 06-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Good comp today, thanks to everyone who showed up

heres some pics I took:

Last edited by 701 Technique; 06-15-2008 at 10:50 PM.