Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: When is the Comp at the LAKE ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan3001 View Post
I'm hiding over here. Probably not going to make it to this one. Pulling the dock and boats out at my folks lake place that weekend.
Your an idiot. Anybody who has a lake place usually pulls the docks out before the water is ready to freeze.

We pulled docks at my buddies place 2 weeks ago and the water was 60 deg. If you wait untill the weekend of the comp you will be able to just about walk on the water.

You should pull them out this weekend. The water would be warmer and you wouldn't be able to use that as an excuse to not make the comp.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Geez tony little harsh there don't ya think.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Your an idiot. Anybody who has a lake place usually pulls the docks out before the water is ready to freeze.

We pulled docks at my buddies place 2 weeks ago and the water was 60 deg. If you wait untill the weekend of the comp you will be able to just about walk on the water.

You should pull them out this weekend. The water would be warmer and you wouldn't be able to use that as an excuse to not make the comp.

Thanks tony. We don't get wet when pulling in the boat and dock... A four wheeler works nicely. Fishing season is still open hence why everything is still in! The water won't be ready to freeze in two weeks anyway....My family has owned a lake place for 35 years and we are never early to get the boat and dock in!
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

So 4 of us are still going so far. 701 u still in?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I am still in. I will talk to brandon and see if he is still going.
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
So 4 of us are still going so far. 701 u still in?
Possibly, can't seem to get a straight answer about the boats though

Is there a dock on the side we are crawling on? I just don't want to climb in and out of a little deathtrap boat in freezing cold water:-(

thats my only concern
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Default Transportation across the lake.

No there's no dock but rick is great at piloting his "little death trap (aka boat)" and he puts it right up on the shore. As far as renting a boat I cannot find a place in Minot that rents boats.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

i wouldnt worry about that jay its not that far across and if it too bad we wont go across im sure theres a place on the same side we can find to crawl.

so as of now it looks like me, sam, rick, mylan, tony, chad, dave,
that works for me next question do we want to still do sat and sun or have it in one day? i was thinkin get there at 2 crawl around 3or4 into the dark till the batts are dead start a fire and chill. wake up sun and have a rock comp and go home. that way there is no rush to get home.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I am still up for the 2 day thing. Been looking forward to it actually. Tried brandon today and could not get any response. If anyone needs a good sleeping bag I have a few. I love cold weather camping but its not going to be that cold yet.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

K also I may have some room for a coupple people in my trailer so I'm still up for the two day thing.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #51
RCC Addict

where is camping spot located? anybody renting a room or everyone camping?

whats the closest town?

i probably won't be able to go, but that spot looks so BADASS

Last edited by 701 Technique; 10-07-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Awww come on 701 now we have to buy our own beer lol j/k but seriously u should come to this one. The camping spot is on the boat dock side of the lake.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

I am definately up for the 2 day thing. Sleeping in a tent this time of year is awsome. Nice and cool without being cold. I can't wait!

Jay, if your worried about getting in and out of the boat just bring some extra clothes incase you go for a swim. This is going to be a great spot and to miss out would be very dissapointing. Besides with a third place finish on the rocks at our last GTG I think you are really getting the hang of your comp truck. If Andy isn't their and you do good again you will definately improve in the standings.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Hey is jason going to be at this comp tony?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Nope I have a family thing that weekend.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
I am definately up for the 2 day thing. Sleeping in a tent this time of year is awsome. Nice and cool without being cold. I can't wait!

Jay, if your worried about getting in and out of the boat just bring some extra clothes incase you go for a swim. This is going to be a great spot and to miss out would be very dissapointing. Besides with a third place finish on the rocks at our last GTG I think you are really getting the hang of your comp truck. If Andy isn't their and you do good again you will definately improve in the standings.
I just found out this place is like a 6 hour drive for me:-(

I do REALLY want to go

anybody from Fargo got extra room for one more?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

two days it is then. i talked to rick today and hes going down to the spot this weekend to hunt he rented a little shack for the weekend its enough room for maybe two no electricity for 35 a night or there is a double bunk hut he thought would sleep 4 with electricity for 50 a night and there is a bigger one that he wasnt sure how many it sleeps and how much it was. he was going to find out so i will know more for sure this weekend but i thought with the amount of people going we could maybe split one its up to you guys just thought i would let everyone know. rick was also going to check to see if there was anymore spots on this side of the lake so that we wouldnt have to take boats across.
i wish we had better pics of the area cuz the pics we took dont really do justice the area is huge we could prolly burn both days on it.
come on jay what do you have better to do im sure that dave and tony have room if andy and jason arent going.
i know there hard to see but heres the pics
http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k...e%20lake%2008/
Old 10-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Can we get a map of where we are going Mark... or a link to randmcnally.com, mapquest is usually off by 10 miles or so...
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I Talked to Brandon today. He is coming also. He told me that he might have a camper that we can use. It should sleep 4 to 6 people. Is there spots close by for a camper?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

ill see what i can do for a map. if you guys are worried about finding it we can meet in garrison. the spot is probably 30 or 40 miles west of garrison. the camping area is called indian hills resort. the camping area is on the north side of the lake im not sure how much it cost to rent a spot ill find out for you though. the crawling area is on the south side of the lake its about a mile and a half across.