Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: When is the Comp at the LAKE ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Hey if we do a scale comp I think we should go off these rules
Classes:
(* The goal of these classes is to have a scale looking rig.)

The 1.9 scale class will be limited to all 1.9" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road.
- You may cut down and modify a 2.2 tire to fit a 1.9 rim.
- All OEM 1.9" tires are legal, any modified tire can be no larger than 4.4"
- Track width can be NO more than 9.5" in the 1.9 class
- Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed.
- You must run a complete body, including bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all! if you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle wheelbase needs to fit within the fender walls of the body.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You cannot mount the battery above the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- Vehicle must run a full approved body. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other MTRCRC members.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

The 2.2 scale class will be limited to 2.2" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road.
- All 2.2" OEM tires are legal, any modified tire may only be 5.2" tall
- Track width can be NO more than 10.5" in the 2.2 class
- You must run a complete body, bumpers, including fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all! if you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle wheelbase needs to fit within the fender walls of the body.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You cannot mount the battery above the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- Vehicle must run a full approved body. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other MTRCRC members.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

BOTH CLASSES, NO COMP OR TVP CHASSIS, PERIOD, THIS IS SCALE GUYS.

Suggested accessories:

- Winches
- Headlights & tail lights
- Sand ladders, Jerry cans, snorkel,
- Spare tires
- Tools, including shovels, Tamiya wrench, axe,
- Tow strap
- Snatch block
- Realistic Bumpers
- Roof racks

There will points deducted for these scale items, these will happen at tech inspection and be deducted from your final TOTAL score at the end of the day.

1. Hard body -5
2. Leaf sprung, 1 axle -2, both axles -5
3. Trailer " must be towed during entire comp " -5
4. Cooler, sleeping bags , tent, camping gear -1
5. Shovel , axe, hi-lift jack, tools, tamiya wrench, pick, jerry can -1
6. Spare tire, looks only -1
7. Spare tire" functional " -3
8. Winch for looks only -1
9. Winch functional - 3
10. Led's of any kind, must be functional during comp -2
11. Tow strap, d-rings, snatch block -1
12. Bumpers, front -1 , rear -1, both -3
13. Tube frame, exo cage, tube bed, must be made of METAL -3
14. Roof rack, ladder rack, headache rack, must be made of metal -2
15. Boat or canoe, must be removable -3
16. Realistic interior -2
17. Un-modded OEM tires -3
18. Chassis mounted steering servo -5

" Max deduct points per rig is 25 "

Reverse +1
Gate +5
Reposition +10
Rollover +5
Touch +5
Winch +5 or + 3 , see below.
DNF highest score +20
DNS highest score +50

Timed course scores:

1st place lowest time -10
2. -9
3. -8
4. -7
5. -6
6. -5
7. -4
8. -3
9. -2
10. -1
11th on, nothing.

Winching:

- if you use YOUR winch on YOUR truck, +3 and 10 seconds onto your score
- if someone winches you or tow straps you " buddy course" , they get a -1 and you get +5 and 10 seconds added to your score.

Scale 4X4 Rules, printable version:
http://www.j2drc.rchomepage.com/SC4x4Rules.pdf
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

I found this....
http://www.fishindianhills.com/default.asp
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

thats the place i should know more this weekend ill let you guys know.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
Hey if we do a scale comp I think we should go off these rules ...

- Track width can be NO more than 10.5" in the 2.2 class
Scale 4X4 Rules, printable version:
http://www.j2drc.rchomepage.com/SC4x4Rules.pdf
Not that I'm gonna make it to this outing but if we're gonna use these rules as standard, I got a question...

Is that using the actual means of measuring Track Width and going from the Center of the tires or the outside to outside dimensions?

My Sniper with the WK axles and standard offset Axial beadlocks with All-T's measures 9 inches center to center. The outside dimension is 11.8 inches so you can see my concern
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Not that I'm gonna make it to this outing but if we're gonna use these rules as standard, I got a question...

Is that using the actual means of measuring Track Width and going from the Center of the tires or the outside to outside dimensions?

My Sniper with the WK axles and standard offset Axial beadlocks with All-T's measures 9 inches center to center. The outside dimension is 11.8 inches so you can see my concern

Center to Center is how I've always been told to measure track width.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

That is the text book definition way. As long as everyone agree's to that as a standard. By the way that makes WK axles with standard offset wheels like Axial legal and TXT and Clod axles with the same offset wheels NOT legal. So now I can continue working on the scale touches for the Sniper. Maybe I can get a couple extra bonus points.

Here's another 'Scale' point question for consideration that I don't see mention. Spare Parts, like drive shafts. Do we want to lump that in with catagory # 6 & 7, the Spare Tire's as parts for the rigs? Make like we did last time, you only get the deduction once. That gives a point option for those who can't run a spare.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Well I dunno really. These are just the rules they used for the MSD scale nationals. I don't agree with some of the rules as well but there the best scale rules I've seen.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Events:

Follow the leader course -
This is a pretty straight forward and simple event. A coin toss will decide the leader and from there he/she will choose the trail to follow. There will a start gate and a finish gate and a few in between. the object of this course is to get your opponents to have as many points added to their score as you can. Helping you keep the advantage. You WANT to get them stuck. You will stay the leader until you can go no further or get stuck. Then, the next person in line becomes the leader. This sounds boring to some people, but trust me it can be a challenge to follow some of these rigs. Once again there is no hands on. If you get stuck or flipped you must winch or strap out, points added accordingly, otherwise loose your spot as the leader. It is up to the leader to find the line best suited for them.

Euro Trials Course –
In this event you will be awarded points for passing through marked buoys in a given direction. If you are not able to pass through the buoys in the indicated direction or if you touch the buoys while passing though the gate you will not get any points. This setup will be more of a challenging event. There will be a number of ravines, bridges, creeks and hills to traverse and climb. Again the, “stuck” rule applies. Failure to take the course within the markers will result in point’s deduction also. You will get the majority of your points by having the best time and hitting ZERO gates.

Buddy system course -
The is a two person course. The driver who is running the course is being scored 100%. The " buddy " is only scored if they help, they can drive and or place their rig anywhere on course to assist. You will be scored and timed on this course, all penalities apply. See rules thread. If you get stuck and cannot winch yourself, you can have a " buddy " winch or strap you up the obstacle. You will receive 5 points for this and a 10 second penality. Also you will give the " buddy " -1 point each time they help you. So you really need to think about how this will affect you and plan your lines according.

This is also taken from the Tamiya MSD Scale Nationals thought it might be a good to try this at our next scale comp also.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Are we still having this comp?
Is the weather going to be good?
Please let us Fargoans know Mark....
Old 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Weather is supposed to be in the 60's for that weekend or so says the forcast for now.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

the comp for this weekend is a go. as of now the forcast says mostly sunny and in the 60s. im thinking if you guys want to we can all meet in garrison and head from there. it sounds like sam and brandon are going to bring there campers so we dont have to rent any cabins the only thing is that is we have to rent a spot or pay for some gas but that should be all. hopefully thats cool with everyone. rick is still at the lake until tues he was going to look and see what there was for a trail spot on the side of the lake that we are camping on. cause he might not be there on sat he might have to work. ill get a for sure on that tommarrow.

as of now it sounds like me, sam, rick, mylan, chad, brandon, tony, dave, for sure if there is anymore please let us know. this is the last point series for the summer and it sounds like we may have a few prizes rounded up to give away too. so it should be a good time. plus now we can actually sit and chill and be able to chit chat a bit and not have to run.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Unless things change drastically Dave and I are going. The only thing that will keep us from going is rain. When I say rain I mean like 60% chance or better.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Unless things change drastically Dave and I are going. The only thing that will keep us from going is rain. When I say rain I mean like 60% chance or better.
How was crawlapalooza man
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

well i got ahold of mylan tonite and he said he would prolly not make it on saturday and he is the one with the other boat and i did talk to rick and he never said that he had to work or not on sat. so what im thinkin now is that we have the trail here in minot what you do guys think? sam and i talked and between our houses we would have room for everyone to stay. then depending on if we get both boats we can drive down on sunday and crawl at the lake or just crawl on our rocks here in town just an idea let me know. the weather man said tonite that its going to be a warm weekend and prolly one of the last. there is a 20% chance of rain on sat but thats it.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Don't matter to me I'm in either way and like mark said I have room for people to stay with me I won't have much if anything for furniture but I don't mind if you guys don't. Still should be a good comp even if it's not at the lake. See you guys saturday.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
well i got ahold of mylan tonite and he said he would prolly not make it on saturday and he is the one with the other boat and i did talk to rick and he never said that he had to work or not on sat. so what im thinkin now is that we have the trail here in minot what you do guys think? sam and i talked and between our houses we would have room for everyone to stay. then depending on if we get both boats we can drive down on sunday and crawl at the lake or just crawl on our rocks here in town just an idea let me know. the weather man said tonite that its going to be a warm weekend and prolly one of the last. there is a 20% chance of rain on sat but thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
Don't matter to me I'm in either way and like mark said I have room for people to stay with me I won't have much if anything for furniture but I don't mind if you guys don't. Still should be a good comp even if it's not at the lake. See you guys saturday.
If that's the plan I may be able to make it, when would I need to be there?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

I have been trying to get ahold of the people with the cabins and they do not answer their phone or return messages. So maybe they are closed for the season. I was really hoping for a 2 day event at the lake. Maybe we should just change it to a time next summer and make it a 2 or even a 3 day event. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 10-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

well weve decided to move the comp to bismarck and try to have the comp at the lake this spring or summer. i called chad and we decided we are still having this a TWO day event same as before it will still be the last points comp too. brandon and chad have a new spot that sounds like it has a spot for the comp and trail. im thinkin it would be nice to get to town and set up and run the trail trucks sat afternoon just up to dark then we can recharge and run in the dark too. then have the rock comp on sunday whatever time.

jay i was thinkin you could talk to dave and tony to see if you can hitch a ride with them just an idea.
thats the plan as of now sorry things didnt work out hope everyone can make it to bismarck
Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
jay i was thinkin you could talk to dave and tony to see if you can hitch a ride with them just an idea.
I don't like to impose, If I can't get a ride my feelings definitely won't be hurt

I just started a new job restoring antique furniture and am working 30 hours a week and going to 2 different schools full time. I do want to go but I'm not 100% sure I will, I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I know it will be a good time and I would like the idea of a 2 day event because it would give us a chance to hang out in-between crawling.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #80

well you can relax in the car on the way trail ride for a while relax and get to hang out for once then rock crawl on sun for a while and relax again on the way home.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote