Notices

Thread: Wake up body manufacturers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wake up body manufacturers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
Do you have a link to this? I think you might be mistaken. I've seen that body installed on an ECX Barrage, but that is a much smaller platform. Stampede bodies are tiny. That body is about a 10" wheelbase and 6" width.
Yes the stampede bodies are small. But the proline Monstertruck bodies are a better fit. I have the Bronco and the tires is just sticking outside the wheel arches, on a SCX10. A narrow Ascender axle would allow for tire tuck. But it's a bit long for a bronco. Except that it looks very good. They also have a f-100 66 body with the same wheelbase and width, but they are both discontinued, though some shops still have them.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Joselosado is in Columbia. I like his sense of humor. Also, he tends to post a pic with a link to a video... Spain is across the ocean from Columbia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
Spainish is just a figure of speech for someone of latin descent... If he is Columbian than he's Columbian.
Come on guys, it's Colombia, with an O (and pronounced as such). Unless you mean Columbia, Missouri; South Carolina; Tennessee; or the Columbia River in NW North Amurica!

Just poking, but the resident Colombians probably appreciate it
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Good catch!

So, do you live in Oegon, or Oregon?

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

this day age 3D printing why aren`t people printing their own bodies ?
jcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanuck View Post
this day age 3D printing why aren`t people printing their own bodies ?
are you doing it? It's time consuming, expensive and complicated. I've tried looking into it, and for someone who hasn't done it before, it's way over my head. there's a big learning curve to get past before taking on something that complex
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:24 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

There are body parts available that are 3D printed, but an entire 1/10th body would be a whole other story... and very heavy compared to Lexan.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:54 AM   #87
Pebble Pounder

With scale wheels this comes pretty close
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro348100.htm

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by excabswap View Post
With scale wheels this comes pretty close
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro348100.htm

I love the 2nd Gen, but I had to find a 1st gen in Lexan of course. I think this guy over at tbg does his own codes, but on this particular body I think the lexan was molded from the '84 4-Runner that you see on Ebay. I will probably end up getting the '91 but they better send me some extra head gaskets with that notoriously gasket failure prone 3.0 Liter that came in it, would have took the 22RE over that one anyday.

I had an extra grille from Knights customs for the 1st gen SR5's that wasn't used, so I figured I would mock it up to see if it would work out... looks like I'm going to have to do some minor trimming to the mounting holes but thats it...

I hear Mr. James is putting together some 3-D printed stuff for this '91 PL body also, so looking forward to that. I'm loving this new era of "More" scale lexan bodies by utilizing 3-D printed body parts. I love the fact that its very scale and its flexible enough to not break in half. It's definitely going to give the hard body, toy rc abs bodies a run for there money. Here's a look at the grille thats in development in case you missed it. I have a high respect view towards a company owner that puts his talent and time into something that will be ready at the same time when this new/old Yota is available.

Last edited by MattySlimz1987; 05-19-2017 at 05:01 PM.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #89
Rock Stacker

I think Lexan bodies and 3D printed detail parts are the way to go to get a body that's both lightweight and realistically detailed.

What I'd like to see from mainstream manufacturers is light buckets for all their bodies. This sticker crap isn't cutting it, and we don't all have the time and patience to fashion some ourselves.
Benbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:42 AM   #90
Pebble Pounder

I'll be building a pl 2nd gen 4 runner as well. These 2nd gen runner also came in a 22re option

excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

There are a ton of people to buy 3d printed bodies from and a few i know of take request....ive gotten a discovery 1 ....it was printed on too small of a printer so theres too many parts....will be nice when done though.....theres another guy who prints a finished primered body....international scout etc....most dont come with full interiors .....mine did though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Good catch!

So, do you live in Oegon, or Oregon?

What? You've never heard of Oegon?
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Theirs a youtuber(Rc everyday) who makes rc rat rods and he showed someones FB page who does 3D stuff.I Haven`t dealt with any of said persons so....

(nightcrawler3D)
https://www.facebook.com/NightCrawle...3728298759414/

(rc everydays youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSPVV2AhoU
jcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

^^
Pay no attention to this one, he will quickly be recaptured, tagged, and released back into the wilds of British Columbia, free to roam about with all the other hippies.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
What? You've never heard of Oegon?
I thought it was Oeogon...
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Default Wake up body manufacturers!

Interesting post and thread. Two of the most detailed and appropriately scale Lexan bodies on the market, the Vaterra K-5 Blazer and the Axial XJ, are sized very well for a stock look with SCX-width axles. But people complain that those bodies are too big and hang up everywhere. It's possible that the new TRX-4 will change the way some people think about larger and wider bodies, but we won't know how the market will react until it's been out for a while. So I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing other aftermarket bodies with similar size.

As a couple of people have pointed out, the better option if you're looking for scale proportions is to pick the right axle and wheel offset combination to give you the look you want with the bodies you like. RC4WD Yota/Yota 2/K44 axles are noticeably narrower than stock SCX10 or Ascender. They all come in around 170mm pin-to-pin vs 175mm-180+ for SCX/Ascender axles. The MST CMX axles are even narrower, though parts availability and aftermarket support isn't there yet. Our BowHouse RC NCYotas are available in 170mm width and now in a new 152mm pin-to-pin width that works great paired with a GCM CMAX chassis for a stock, tucked-in look under a Hilux/Mojave or LC70 body.

So the bottom line is that there are some great options for getting a scale, stock, tucked in look for the bodies that are already out there without having to rely on massive wheel offset. And there have never been so many great bodies to choose from.

Last edited by new2rocks; 05-29-2017 at 08:22 PM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:17 AM   #97
RCC Addict

I think they did pretty good on this one.
Attached Images

looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

They did indeed. It looks great on that Ascender.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

I thought about all of these years upon years ago. I always felt they made them too small and I always searched for larger bodies to fit my custom projects so it would look real. It took them 18 years to finally start realizing this problem.

Now the cost of them are outrageous!!!! $55 for that 66 Ford by Proline??? lol! Ridiculous. Just my feelings on it.
spiderxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

I have some ideas, and i just plugged the tm8 152 axles in another thread ;)

I need a 78ish f100 body. Im leaning towards traxxas bigfoot #1.
But somebody a few posts up was saying 3d printed bodies from somedy mentioned on rceveryday? I watch like 2 hrs of yoitube a day and havent seen that. Not that i dont believe it, im just watching the wrong vids! Lol mostly esp, gcm, rcsparks,etc
But man i need to see how many $$$$ for a 3d printed f100 lariat with dual tank long bed!
It was my dads truck he used to let me drive on camping trips. Im building a tribute.

Great thread. Started a little harsh but its actually coming around and showing how far this niche in the rc world has come just in the last 2 years i have been watching. Literally watching. On youtube lol.
I really should listen to medic when he says go outside!

Ok thanks to the link i just scrolled up and saw.
Nightcrawler! Now i remember i actually did watch those vids a while back lol
The rc everyday ratrod builds inspired me to someday make a scale rwd ae86 drifter with a solid rear axle. Probably cc01 based.
Thanks!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-03-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Link to nightwing 3d printing
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Wake up body manufacturers! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wake me up please Kratos Nebraska 5 04-30-2011 06:08 AM
so i wake up.. ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 08-05-2010 05:53 PM
List of manufacturers mmbackpacker Paint and Body 7 07-29-2008 09:50 AM