Notices

Thread: New project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New project

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have no idea which scb that is, but it sure looks cool mewalsh. Both bodies look great, though I gotta say the Rat Rod with the silver beadlocks and bed cover is really slick. I am completely jealous that you have a short course in your back yard, that would be a blast!

Hi smog! Hope you're doing well! Thanks! (BTW - it's the Associated Trophy Rat - SC10 based)

I'm pretty fortunate to have the yard I do for these crazy RC activities!

When I get bored of the crawler course and trails, I get out one of the go-fasts and rip the SC course. Actually doing some work on the course this evening. Have a few areas I want to grade a bit smoother and I think I'm going to extend it a bit. IDK why I make so much work for myself!

Last edited by mewalsh100; 09-20-2019 at 03:38 PM.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 06:42 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Just wanted to report back after trying out some 7K diff oil, and its a lot better at just hooning around compared to the grease. I didn't have it on a "track", I just ran it on some grass and dirt. Throttle oversteer is now very easy to induce and it no long roasts the inner tire. Thats good enough for me so I'll probably just leave it alone for a while.

Sorry I dont have any racing insight to offer, I'm guessing 5K might be a better balance that will allow you to throttle out of corners with less likelihood of spinning.

That body is really looking great, Nice work!
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:57 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Paint came out nice, really liking the side screens, accents the grill, lights are killer, and here's an idea for the sidepipes, up to you: https://mcallisterracing.com/shop?ol...headers&page=5
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Just wanted to report back after trying out some 7K diff oil, and its a lot better at just hooning around compared to the grease. I didn't have it on a "track", I just ran it on some grass and dirt. Throttle oversteer is now very easy to induce and it no long roasts the inner tire. Thats good enough for me so I'll probably just leave it alone for a while.

Sorry I dont have any racing insight to offer, I'm guessing 5K might be a better balance that will allow you to throttle out of corners with less likelihood of spinning.

That body is really looking great, Nice work!
Awesome - thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably split the difference.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Paint came out nice, really liking the side screens, accents the grill, lights are killer, and here's an idea for the sidepipes, up to you: https://mcallisterracing.com/shop?ol...headers&page=5
Great find Mike! Thanks for the link - I appreciate it!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Maybe just cut the pipes at the collecter, glue a short length of tube in there, and put a red led inside?
Very cool idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I was thinking something similar. Might try the plastic coat hanger method. I'm just afraid it won't hold up real well while running.
You may end up with a wicked body for use in one careful video and then as a shelf queen, and use the Baja bug as your runner - because at short-course speeds, a barrel roll or hard lawn-dart landing may really jack up all that hard work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have no idea which scb that is, but it sure looks cool mewalsh. Both bodies look great, though I gotta say the Rat Rod with the silver beadlocks and bed cover is really slick. I am completely jealous that you have a short course in your back yard, that would be a blast!
Likewise, really jealous of anyone with any sort of yard these days, much less one with any type of course - be it for speed or crawling!

(heavy sigh)

durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Still have some hand detailing to do on the fuel cell and I think I have an idea on how to handle the exhaust now. Outta town for work all this week though, so I'll have some time to think on it.

In the meantime - "Shoes" vote time. Which do you guys prefer at this point?
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #48
Go Buckeyes!

The last pic with the silver/black wheels get my vote. They look awesome and help the grill mesh and bed cover stand out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
The last pic with the silver/black wheels get my vote. They look awesome and help the grill mesh and bed cover stand out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Brian! I think that's my choice as well. I like how it stances with those!
Old 09-23-2019, 05:16 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I'd go for the silver and black set.

While the stock tires look scale they dont perform very well on any surface it seems.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah I'd go for the silver and black set.

While the stock tires look scale they dont perform very well on any surface it seems.
I know. I do get a kick out of how they howl when braking on pavement from full speed 3s runs!

New project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt Prime Axial SCX-10 211 01-07-2017 09:53 AM