Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

I am planning to buy a xv01. The price was a high (in my opinion), but after all the positive review, I thought it was great. Then my parents all the suddenly ask "Wait, the chassis doesn't have a servo, battery, radio, or a ESC?" they started to believe that it was not worth the money. Is this true? I really want to prove them wrong!
rally racer #75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

The XV-01 is a fantastic rally chassis. Is it the best one? I don't know, but it's good enough that you'll definitely be happy with it. I was going to link my build but then I realized you've already seen it.

I'd say the only absolute must-have upgrade for the chassis is a set of longer shock shafts from a Yeah Racing 60mm shock kit. Don't bother using the rest of the shock kit, the bodies are too long, but the longer shock shafts will work well with the stock bodies and give the car a bit of extra ground clearance that you'll quickly appreciate.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

I'm new to rally chassis, but I did find a noticeable difference in handling between an older upgraded df03ra and my new stock XV-01, with the same tires and electronics. The XV-01 handles a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by flifisher312; 01-11-2016 at 03:37 AM.
flifisher312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

Yes, with respect to what is presently available as a designated Rallye chassis.

Critics have said they don't like the front motor position because it can't jump. I took it on an 1:8 scale off road track and let me tell you, it can jump and very well indeed. I cleared every jump save one.. Had I set my ESC to boost.. It would have. It landed flat, not nose dive as everyone predicted.

Next the criticise its clearance. I don't know of any other rallye chassis that has its clearance. I believe using the longer shock ends gives it sufficient clearance.

As suggested longer shock shafts will also assist.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

People who say the XV-01 can't jump don't know what they're talking about. Get the front spring tuning kit, put the stiffest springs on the front and the softest springs on the rear, and it will jump just fine. Yes, you have to tune the suspension to compensate for the heavy front end, but you have to tune the suspension on ANY vehicle you intend to race (assuming you want to be competitive), so that's a non-argument.

I prefer longer shock shafts vs. longer lower eyelets. The longer lower eyelets cause the suspension to bottom-out before the chassis touches the ground, which means you're not getting as much suspension travel as you could, to absorb shock from, say, jumping on a racetrack. The Yeah Racing 60mm shock kit is only $25, so even though you only need the shafts from the kit and the rest is pretty much useless (though the optional pistons are a nice tuning option), you still get a lot of bang for your buck.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 12-28-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:18 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Wink Re: Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever?

Thank you! now i have decided. i ordered a rally ready xv01(because all the pro ones were over $400)! thank you all for helping me!
rally racer #75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:08 AM   #7
RCC Addict

You may want to buy hex screws. The original screws are all JIS-head screws, which is annoying. Traxxas sells most of the sizes you'll need, 3x6, 3x8, 3x10, 3x12, 3x15.

Is the XV-01 the best handling rally chassis ever? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bad handling wraith Quartermaster Axial Wraith 19 09-17-2013 11:52 PM
Best handling 2.2 crawler roksraka General Crawlers 12 05-13-2009 10:11 PM
Feedback on handling? Mortimer Snerd Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 01-23-2008 08:08 AM
Handling Lathe's Custom Trendz Inc. Electronics 3 05-17-2006 05:06 PM
Shipping And Handling? badhoopty Chit Chat 8 03-24-2005 08:17 AM