Thread: Turtle's Modified X Ray T2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #21
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Re: Turtle's Modified X Ray T2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Hi buddy,
I started the same thing on a T4 16 as I saw the potential,I did all the covers and it took ages,but I was un happy with it,I did the balloons too,I ripped it all off and sold the car 🙈 Iv kept the longer shocks and shock towers incase I do another,out of interested did you use clear lexan? I folded all mine did but used tank tape on joins,what is it you have used to bond your bits together?
Really late response, my apologies. I used Shoe Goo to hold the underbody on. It’s a bit of a pain and doesn’t allow quick access to the car, but holds tight. I just rebuilt this entire car yesterday and need to come up with a different way to hold the underbody securely and keep the rocks out.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

It's always good to see updates from you, Turtle. Is that Hoon rally track still present in Golden? I've been running my Vaterra V-100 with rally tires on smooth dirt roads, so it would be nice to try it on the something specifically designed for vehicles like it.
colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
It's always good to see updates from you, Turtle. Is that Hoon rally track still present in Golden? I've been running my Vaterra V-100 with rally tires on smooth dirt roads, so it would be nice to try it on the something specifically designed for vehicles like it.
Thank you, I actually went to check it out yesterday. It’s not running, not even a little. But a few guys with shovels and a weed eater would get it going in a day or two. I went to throw some dirt, but everything is frozen down there.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I stopped by hoon a few months back.... Being there made me happy. But it has seen better days.
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:05 AM   #25

badass
Thompson311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
But a few guys with shovels and a weed eater would get it going in a day or two.
I bet we could clear a route after 15 or 20 minutes of driving an XMaxx or Kraton 8S there. Then again, that would probably be too wide of a track?
colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrc View Post
I stopped by hoon a few months back.... Being there made me happy. But it has seen better days.
It has, but was actually talked into doing some work down there and it’s actually not too bad. It was mostly leaves, clear the track off with a rack and hoe probably a few more hours of work and it will be driving again

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
I bet we could clear a route after 15 or 20 minutes of driving an XMaxx or Kraton 8S there. Then again, that would probably be too wide of a track?
I think you’re onto something, 24, 36, 40 inches it’s relative and it will be nice to just have something driveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson311 View Post
badass
Thanks!
Old 06-13-2020, 07:40 AM   #28

Seeing all your posts has me. Inspired. Coming from a touring car racing background this xray idea speaks to me.

I have a ton of touring cars laying around but I cant bring myself to put them on the dirt after all the sweet clean memories on road. So got onto ebay and what would you know, a T4 2017 was for sale. Did a buy it now and will wait for its arrival then slowly start figuring how to convert it to rally.

In fact it was your xv-01 thread that got me into the idea of rally and I love it for its liberating fun that the on road scene lacked.... I ended up with four xv-01s as a result. .. The on road scene was just getting too competitive and serious.

Cant wait to figure out the xray now for rally. It should be far better balances for driving than the xv01 at the limit. Plus I know its handling well from my on road racing so will be fun to see how it adapts to rally.
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote

Turtle's Modified X Ray T2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turtle's Modified XV-01 TURTLE Rally 558 01-31-2021 01:35 AM
Turtle's Modified TA03F TURTLE Non Crawler RC's 7 01-10-2015 12:37 AM
Turtle's Modified VK TURTLE Rally 15 11-24-2013 10:03 PM
Turtle's Modified TB01 TURTLE Rally 78 03-08-2013 01:57 AM
Turtle's Modified DF01 TURTLE Rally 17 08-15-2012 07:05 PM