Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Spare parts UGC Viper Bully build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Sneak peek at the skins KrawlerKonceptz has been working on for me. These skins are awesome quality and both my rigs have skins by KrawlerKonceptz, the inside skins is a brilliant idea, worth every $$. If you want skins for your rig you can't get better

vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

X skins are my fave!
Heres the ones you meant
Attached Images

Last edited by Krawler Konceptz; 04-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Just use lexan on those covers...you'll gain another 0.5mm!
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineX View Post
Just use lexan on those covers...you'll gain another 0.5mm!
It is lexan sheet, just 1mm rather than .5mm LIke the idea of another .5mm though LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Haven't had time the last few days to do more than put on a guard for the rear motor and get the steering servo/steering all hooked up.

The Savox servo I was going to use, ended up being knackered, so I went with a Hitec 645 I had a spare for the Hitec in my Berg. All in happy with the steering range, and even with the temporary shocks mounted up i'm not binding wheel and shock assembly.

Will be racing till next Monday so the build will be on hold till then, might take the shocks with me to rebuild if I get any downtime when i'm at the circuit.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Whats going on with this bad boy? Had it out yet?
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Until today not too much had happened

Though today, managed to crack on and get a bunch done............ swapped the Revo ends for Jato and the rear to give it the right wheelbase, rebuilt the Axial shocks (fitted Dr Frank c-cups and Mini-T springs, 40w silicone and switched out the rods for longer ones to give the shocks a longer total length) and swapped them out for the temp ones id previously installed.

And the postman delivered my KrawlerKonceptz skins today (chassis and skins being the only new bits for this build) fitted the sides plates but left the hood and roof panels off so I can add in the Rx, DIG and ESC.

Few pics of the above work in progress......

and side by side with the Berg
Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Looks awesome man. What did the total overshock shock length end up being? Im running 4" bigbores and mini springs with longer rod ends on the top and they still dont seems long enough. need to mod the caps but wondering what yours were
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

For a spare parts build it looks fantastic The skins are sick man, Michelle did good work!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
For a spare parts build it looks fantastic The skins are sick man, Michelle did good work!
Thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Thanks man the chassis and skin are new but everything else is from my box of spares or have made from delrin/aluminium that I had around. The skins from Michelle are fantastic, exactly what I had in mind and Michelle managed to translate that into these skins dead chuffed with the result.

Hopefully will get the electrics in tomorrow and get a chance to run the rig, make the most of the days off the Royal Wedding has given the country "mrgreen"

Will measure up the shocks when I get back home and post up the details.
Cheers
Darren
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsontherocks View Post
Looks awesome man. What did the total overshock shock length end up being? Im running 4" bigbores and mini springs with longer rod ends on the top and they still dont seems long enough. need to mod the caps but wondering what yours were
E2E is 105mm (same as my Kyosho shocks on my Berg) but as i'm running the SCX10 shock bodies with the longer rod I used I can't get full compression, since the rod length is longer than the shock body. Gives the length I wanted E2E and the shock length at full compression is fine, no binding, as good articulation as my Berg rig. Will find out once I get it running but static tests it all seems good.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

So what exactly are your shocks made up of? I need to source me those parts for my Bully!...Axial SCX shock bodies, Losi Mini-T Springs, Dr Frank C-Cups, and longer shafts from what?
I just like the slimmer shock to that of the Losi Crawler shocks I'm running now.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

couple of poser shots of the rig, all the wiring now complete and got a quick short indoor run. Will try to get the rig out over the bank holiday weekend

From this:

To this:

And the poser shots

Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So what exactly are your shocks made up of? I need to source me those parts for my Bully!...Axial SCX shock bodies, Losi Mini-T Springs, Dr Frank C-Cups, and longer shafts from what?
I just like the slimmer shock to that of the Losi Crawler shocks I'm running now.

Thats it ,the shafts are Kyosho RB5 (I needed to modify the shock body to 3.2mm from 3.0mm to take the Kyosho shaft. The rod ends are standard tops, for the lower rod end which fits to the Kyosho shafts i'll need to dig out what they are, they are a couple of mm longer than the standard Axial ones.

The Mini-T springs are rears as they are longer than the fronts. Bit of a mix n match set up but is smooth in operation, just need to take the rig out to see if it actually works,
Cheers
Darren
Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

I don't need the shocks to be longer really ...is that the only reason you went with the Kyosho shafts? I reckon the standard Axial ones will suit my rig just fine. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't need the shocks to be longer really ...is that the only reason you went with the Kyosho shafts? I reckon the standard Axial ones will suit my rig just fine. Thanks for the reply.
just the extra length indeed - ooh err Mrs

The stock length shafts I've kept and might go back to once I've ran the rig and get a feel for it, my local RC store had them in stock so let me know if you have trouble sourcing the Axial kit.
Cheers
Darren

Last edited by vodka child; 04-27-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 04-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Got a chance to take this out today, albeit for all of 5/6min but given it's first run and all was really surprised and pleased with the way the rig handled, just got it done when asked.

Quick pic.....
Old 04-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Got to meet Eisman today to hand deliver his skins for his viper and parts tray.
We got to see his Viper chassis.
It is awesome, very nicely designed. Much nicer to see it in person rather than pics on line!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Got to meet Eisman today to hand deliver his skins for his viper and parts tray.
We got to see his Viper chassis.
It is awesome, very nicely designed. Much nicer to see it in person rather than pics on line!
It's a great looking chassis, that's the reason I went with it when I wanted to do something with the Bully axles, and it's great out of the box as well.

Figured I might as well see how it went on the vert board, 64.2* without any hassle, not hard to do better I know, and a ton of others have etc etc. but i'm happy with that as a straight out of the box run

Last edited by vodka child; 04-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Tags
bully, ugc, viper