Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Spare parts UGC Viper Bully build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Got to meet Eisman today to hand deliver his skins for his viper and parts tray.
We got to see his Viper chassis.
It is awesome, very nicely designed. Much nicer to see it in person rather than pics on line!
It was great meeting you guys today. The skins are awesome, and the parts tray will be really nice to use. It's a nice change being able to deal in person vs the online only business that is normally needed for getting quality parts up here in Canada.

Vodka Child, sorry to thread jack.

Mike
eisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

no worries man, enjoy the new chassis and look forward to the build thread
Cheers
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Thanks, all in good time. This is gonna be one slow snake.
eisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Using either BC or Pitbull tyres on this rig, but couldn't get the pitbulls to work with the CI or Proline foams I had spare - CI never made a foam set up for these rims, so shouldn't have been surprised I guess.

Bit of thread reading over a beer and view from those that had got these tyres to work is the Dos Piezas foams were the route to go, they are a very wide foam, which is what these tyres need.

You can see the difference between the CI foams and the Dos Piezas

Though with the foams fitted and tyres mounted the tyres look very similar. CI on the left and Dos Piezas on the right.

Feeling the tyres though you can really feel how much more of a shoulder the tyres have, being fulll to the full width with a lot more support to allow the tread to work. need to get them out and see how they run now......
Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Got a chance to take the rig out with the new foams today over at a trail, not exactly rocks but a half decent work out. Lost a screw and bushing out of the OSF knuckle so the hub was wobbling all over the place lost a bunch of steering but still had fun

- short video.........

Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Awesome video man. Im still tring to pick a new servo for mine. Been a month or better since I broke the last one. Whats the rtr weight as it sits now?
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

As it is in the pictures the rig is 6.2lbs so around 1lb heavier than my Berg rig. This is such a good rig to have fun with though, love the look of the UGC Viper chassis as well
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Looks good!
Looking at your vid on the logs, you don't seem to be getting much steering even with the XVD's and shaved knuckles! Tyres hitting shocks and links maybe???
Oh and sell the Berg! No point keeping it while you have this Bully!
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineX View Post
Looks good!
Looking at your vid on the logs, you don't seem to be getting much steering even with the XVD's and shaved knuckles! Tyres hitting shocks and links maybe???
Oh and sell the Berg! No point keeping it while you have this Bully!

Having the top screw and brass bushing come out of the knuckle pretty early in the run meant instead of truning the wheel the servo simply gave about 5* of either positive or negative camber as the knuckle moved up and down rather than side to side. With the knuckle secure there is a bunch more steering - you can see the missing screw/bushing in the last pic of post 45

The EPA on the Savox servo need to be set to, as the servo runs out of range of motion before the wheels are close to the shocks (except when the front axle is under articulation then the tyres are pushed into the shocks) The pitbulls are a super wide tyre and don't seem to offer the same level of steering as the Rovers - if i throw the Rovers on I get better steering.

The RC4WD DIG i'm using I don't like as it doesn't allow the same movement as the Punk unit and affects the DIG steering.

oh and the dog ate my rig!

Think that's enough excuses

Once I get the EPA set up hopefully i'll get a bit more useable steering, lve it though.

Last edited by vodka child; 05-26-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #50

I'm getting ready to start a MOA build.. I'm unsure what axles to go with.. Since you have both the Berg and Bully I really want your in put.. Those are the axles I have in mind.. What are the pros and cons to both.. And what model of each axles do you have.. I have never had a MOA rig before.. I have a Losi Comp Crawler now and I'm looking on getting rid of it.. Not real happy with it..
LJ(Josh) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

hey man these are just my thoughts on the two axle sets, ask 5 others and you could get 5 other views, the which is better, what are the differences etc are in a bunch of seperate threads around the site so worth grabbing a beer or two and searching the forums.

My view though......

Bully axles are BOMB proof out the box the Berg you have to spend money to get them to that level, gears, lockers etc are all upgrades that have to be done to a Berg, dog bones bend like butter on the Bergs so again need an upgrade,

BUT once you've done those upgrades the Berg is a smaller narrower gear case making the upper and lower links plus shocks a ton easier to place, less binding issues and so forth. They weigh in less than the Bullys unless you take a grinder to the bully axles and chop out a bunch of the extra beef on them.

The Berg axles from my view have a better vendor network, with axle tubes, steering mods, replacement gears etc all available and more stuff coming through all the time (read D-Lux thread about his first foray in MOA and you get the idea) knuckle weights, knuckles the list goes on.

There are some vendors making Bully parts aside from RC4WD, the delrin rear tubes I have for example, but as said they are BOMB proof so aside from CVDs and some knuckle grinding to get better steering lock you can beat on these right out the box and not invest in a full rebuild before you get started

The parts and vendor support for the Bergs, the lighter weight for the axles and the wider track mean I prefer the Bergs but as i've said a bunch of times in this tread i do love this Bully rig it's not a comp winner right out of the box how I have set it up but with some tweaking it could be. It's awesome fun though

The Berg are V1 and the same for the Bullys.
Cheers
Darren
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

New Skins for the Viper.....
Attached Images

Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Default now selling...........

Switched these axles to run on the YTC BJ v4 chassis but still not using it so put it up for sale on this site. The spec has been tweaked a little from the OP in this thread but only in a good way

Total weight RTR is 5.8lbs with some awesome parts on it like the HH motors, delrin rear axles etc but it's gathering dust right now and i'd rather see the rig sold and used than just sat there doing nothing.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...donas-rtr.html

Inc pics of what the rig now looks like..........
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #54

Hi There!!! :-)

Can you maybe help me? I want to buy rims & tyres for my Viper/Bully but I am clueless on what offset/spacer/hub I must take. How do you find your wheel setup? Would you change anything?

This is what I am looking at. Is there something you would change?

Options Unit Price Qty. In Stock Cost
DH ProComp II [remove] COLOR : BLACK(+$6.00)
$55.99 Yes $55.99
DH ProComp Wide hubs [remove] Size : 835
$16.49 Yes $16.49
DH ProComp Beadlock Rings [remove] Color : RAW
$17.99 Yes $17.99
VP .6 Caliber SST Weight Set [remove] $15.99 Yes $15.99
SLW V4 [remove] WIDTH : 1.00
COLOR : BLACK Anodize(+$6.00)
$38.00 Yes $38.00
VP SLW Hex Hubs [remove] Hub Size : 725

$14.99 Yes $14.99
SLW Beadlock Rings [remove] color : RAW
$17.99 Yes $17.99

Last edited by henlo; 10-31-2011 at 08:16 AM.
henlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #55
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
New Skins for the Viper.....
Please tell me there is a picture of these mounted somewhere!!!!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Please tell me there is a picture of these mounted somewhere!!!!
Only in Michelle's thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...-skins-18.html

Need to get some pics of the rig out crawling with these skins on, it looks freakin epic the legs dangling down the side panels - will post up the pics to my Berg build as i switched over your chassis to my Berg axles and run as my main rig
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 AM   #57

Not finnished but getting there...
henlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Saw Pics of skins in DLux's wheel thread too
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bully, ugc, viper