Thread: New bully 2 rtr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New bully 2 rtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Where's the video?
Ahh! Wish I had video at the river but had to cross some water to get to an island of bedrock and didn't bring my phone. I do have some footage of a hair pin 180* drop turn I was trying to maneuver. Didn't make it in the video but had just made it before deciding to film it (go figure). I'll see if I can upload it.
TraskRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

It's a pretty short video of a little course we set up. Video doesn't quite do it justice... believe it or not there are some pretty technical areas in this little pile of rocks. Lots of little jags, holes and hangups all over let alone the different types of rocks/concrete. Once minute you have traction next minute you dont. I made this turn and gates prior to the video but struggled to make it twice. Pretty fun though.

https://youtu.be/3xHp6M8gfKk
TraskRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

I've got a set of big bores sitting here unused.
Also a pair of front icon from a yeti. I've seen Eric's cap mod,I'm not sure of the others? What differences did you see and feel ? Any pics ?

My weights are here in today's mail,and can't wait to feel the diff

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I've got a set of big bores sitting here unused.
Also a pair of front icon from a yeti. I've seen Eric's cap mod,I'm not sure of the others? What differences did you see and feel ? Any pics ?

My weights are here in today's mail,and can't wait to feel the diff

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
Cap mod is drilling the top cap, cut off the hoop, run a bolt and attach a rod end. I would highly suggest running new shocks, it was a huge improvement for me, less bounce and just all around more stable. If you need pictures, I have a ton of the big bores with cap mod next to stock shocks. I need to start my own thread already. Lol
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskRiver View Post
It's a pretty short video of a little course we set up. Video doesn't quite do it justice... believe it or not there are some pretty technical areas in this little pile of rocks. Lots of little jags, holes and hangups all over let alone the different types of rocks/concrete. Once minute you have traction next minute you dont. I made this turn and gates prior to the video but struggled to make it twice. Pretty fun though.

https://youtu.be/3xHp6M8gfKk
Here's 1 of our local rock piles...

https://youtu.be/eDcBXVDisaY
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #66
"GOD SPEED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskRiver View Post
If the ideal weight up front is near 6oz, even doubling up the rc4wd weights will only net you 3.5 per side. Is 3.5 enough? Or should I take the advice of others and go with blue monkey, rc bros for more weight and better tuning
I ran big bores (no cap mod) on my ax10 and loved them. But then again, I don't really have anything to compare them too since that was my first crawler.

Got the wiring cleaned up. Was able to de-case everything other than the rx including the bec. Few questions....
First, I was able to fit the esc under the plate in the chassis... lowered the cog a bit I'm sure but is heat going to be an issue? Nvrmnd, just went and looked at cboggs thread and he has the esc under the plate. Looks like I should have put the dig on that lower plate to get it a little lower. Too late now, still much better than it was.

Last thing left now is the motor wires...... I'm going to shorten them but my question is (newbie) can I wire them to the other poles on the opposite side of the motor up top? Or do I have to rotate the motors. I'm going to shorten and solder them to the motor posts but don't want them on the bottom side.

This might help with wiring and battery new bully 2 battery and electronics tray

Bully 2 Esc &Battery tray combo NEW!!!!
nerby149 is offline   Reply With Quote

New bully 2 rtr - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MK42 RTR VS Bully RTR BIG T RC4WD Bully 16 11-25-2010 07:00 AM