Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: TF2 parts always hard to get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TF2 parts always hard to get?

hi all, i recently joint the tf2 family but im quickly learning that certain parts are hard to come by. is this always this way? like the revolver shackles, the realistic driveshafts, glendale shock hoops, etc... i wanna modify but cant seem to find parts needed.

also.. how can u run 1.9 wheels without cutting the body or raising it? im not liking the 1.55 choices out there..
FordFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #2

Default Re: TF2 parts always hard to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFixer View Post
hi all, i recently joint the tf2 family but im quickly learning that certain parts are hard to come by. is this always this way? like the revolver shackles, the realistic driveshafts, glendale shock hoops, etc... i wanna modify but cant seem to find parts needed.

also.. how can u run 1.9 wheels without cutting the body or raising it? im not liking the 1.55 choices out there..

You are correct. I look on several of the Big online hobby stores, like Amain, Tower hobbies, RPP. I’ve also had really good success with Amazon and Ebay. I usually save the money and then get on RC4WD’s waiting list and I get a alert when it’s available along with surfing the interweb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RattleKan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Your correct fordfixer. Rc4wd parts are sometimes hard to get. I've had fun building my tf, most of my parts I've got from my lhs, even though they had to order them for me.

But having the lhs order them for me has its limits. Other parts I've had to order online directly from rc4wd or Amazon. And depending on what you are looking for rc4wd stuff can be on back order for a month or two. I've not been in a hurry building this tf so having to wait for some things have not been so bad. Guess if your in a hurry from start to finish, a tf might not be for you.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Its not that i cant wait. Its just the parts are never there. Ive been on 2 email lists for about a month and nothing
Old 03-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Parts availability has been my problem as well. To the point that I'm about ready to sell my TF2 LWB chassis kit and get on with something else.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Check RPPHobby, they have great inventory and the prices are right.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Its not that i cant wait. Its just the parts are never there. Ive been on 2 email lists for about a month and nothing
Understood. It can be very frustrating. For this reason when I do get my tf up and running and get a feel for it and what I like I'll be ordering a few extra parts for it for backup. All I can say is be patient and what your waiting for will be back in stock. I've got my eye on some parts as well but are on back order still as well. And even now I'm still waiting for 2 parts that are on they way here from Hong Kong again. Hoping to have them here this week.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am only waiting for one part, the V8 mount kit, to finish my TF2 Blazer with treads. It has been over a year to get all the parts, well all but one.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #9

I haven't had a hard time getting parts for the TF2 lwb rtr I got recently but I have noticed alot of the add on parts I've ordered were shipped from a warehouse in Hong Kong. Only the punisher shafts were shipped from California.
sd38-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, their parts are hard to get. there is such a high demand for them that you have to check check the sites daily for inventory and almost back order every thing. I get all my parts through Ebay, RPP and Tower, but parts at Tower are now even more difficult to get with the financial situation they have going on right now!!
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd38-2 View Post
I have noticed alot of the add on parts I've ordered were shipped from a warehouse in Hong Kong.
Yep me too. I've noticed that as well. The last few things I've had to order online have been shipped from Hong Kong. And takes 2-3weeks to get.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I've been trying to get leaf springs for my GCM ascender conversion kit. pfff nope... wait a couple days annnnnd they're gone! the price of procrastination lol
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Two parts just arrived DHL from Hong Kong, about a week start to finish, I can live with that. My beef with RC4WD is the long wait for common parts they should never be out of. Ex- bought the V8 and transmission only to be waiting so far over a month for the mounting kit. Being at it as long as they have you would think they would be able to do a little better job on inventory control. The saying still rings true " Ya Can't Sell Apples From A Empty Apple Cart"
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I’ve been wanting to get the v8 parts for my trail finder 2 for the last 2 months. I watched tower for about 2 weeks for the opportunity to place 1 order and have everything shipped at the same time.

I watched the parts go from order pending straight to out of stock!

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
I’ve been wanting to get the v8 parts for my trail finder 2 for the last 2 months. I watched tower for about 2 weeks for the opportunity to place 1 order and have everything shipped at the same time.

I watched the parts go from order pending straight to out of stock!

Yea im done waiting. One item had an actual release date...put myself on the emil notification and the date came and went. So im over it. Truck is on the shelf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yea im done waiting. One item had an actual release date...put myself on the emil notification and the date came and went. So im over it. Truck is on the shelf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same I was going to convert my unused tf2 kit to be a personalized version of the blazer rtr but completely gave up on that idea. Now it’s going to be an f350 on 1.55 pit bulls

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote

TF2 parts always hard to get? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep hard body on lwb TF2? Inspector86 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 12-12-2017 09:01 AM
Cutting TF2 Hard Body YDAZOPEN Paint and Body 13 02-24-2017 07:21 PM
TF2 Hard Body Blazer steinhaus76 1.5 Scale Rigs 14 03-21-2016 06:48 PM