Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #382
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Is it a G6 Challenge?
Or G6 Competition?

Thanks for a great event Parker.
RECON G6 Challenge! The Challenge is really a Driver and his G-Ride vs the Stages, but as most of you know, there have been more "Drivers Challenges" in play and skill sections that make you think. ie Camper Dan at the L.O.S.T. G6 and the instructions for the G6 was in the Drivers Challenge questions.

Most drivers didn't know about the Alien Challenge and we had to have a Alien hunt to hand out the Bender Built SCX-10 Honchos.

Your welcome, Propane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
Thats why I cut back on going to these that and they are always on a real comp day.
wow, that's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
I was worrying about my wife and making sure she was ready.

If Parker or B-Rad think this discussion was uncalled for then I will delete every post.

I'm done arguing. Just want it to be fair to everyone
That's one of the many cool things about the RECON G6 and the one I'm most proud of; you and your wife are challenging yourselfs and enjoying an r/c event together.

I enjoy the feedback and trust me, no one arm chair quarterbacks themselves or a G6 Challenge more than me, so don't delete anything. Constructive Critizm is awesome and never falls on deaf ears.

A RECON G6 Challenge is what you make it. Some drivers help others to please the rock gods, while others have a more brash stage etiquette. I don't know if "fair" will ever be accomplished in the sense that some drivers are more talented than others, but FUN can always be accomplished when you approach the RECON G6 Challenge with a sense of adventure.

Remember, finishing a G6 Stage is a huge accomplishment, just ask fvrr or brokennib, and I seen the determination on your face whilst you were doing your on stage repair to finish the Erzberg Stage! (Great Job, by the way!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
I had a great time and like the format. IMO the breakout keeps people from taking this too seriously and dampening the atmoshpere with.... seriousness..
frdtrkguy, well said and way to "do work, Driver" in your first RECON G6 Challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobflyin View Post
Parker is only one man I know alot of people thinks he is GOD but he is not, One man trying to provided a great time for many.
OH MY. I think a lot of people think i'm something all right, with horns and a long tail. Seriously though, thank you, but I can't do it alone and each and every G6'er is to thank, because without lab mice to experiment on, the RECON G6 Challenge would not be what it is.

ROTR UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
Well first I want to say Cassie and I had a GREAT time at our first g6. We shared my rig, that little honcho did work! What a great day of scalin
Tim, I'm glad ya'll had a great time, but I'm not surprised that your Axial Honcho worked well, after all, the Axial SCX-10 is the Official Truck of the RECON G6 Challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FAB NOR-CAL View Post
I like your idea with the KOH style for the hardcore competitive types like myself,in addition to the other stages.
Careful what you wish for, young G6'er, I will push every driver to their limit and exploit your G-Rides weakness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjbrad View Post
Maybe the next G6 could be at the local rc track
Funny, but not as funny as Jammin311's "real comp" joke. That was true comp humor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
I agree joe parker should keep it to himselfremember its an adventure not a race.right now g6 ing is more fun than comping.
No truer words spoken. Thank you for all you do and I hope your feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Or its a race in challenge format.. Those challenges are all part of the race..

Everybody needs to relax and understand Rig Rockers frustration. A lot, if not all of us build or rigs and show up to compete against each other in this ground breaking, new challenge race format that is dished out almost monthly as a labor of love by the R.E.C.O.N crew..

Yes there needs to be a written up version of what rules there are and the over all format of the challenge race.

Are there still things to iron out.... yes...

Please don't let this ruin your G spirit and stay involved, stay patient, keep on keep n on..

I like the idea on printing the rules / info out on the back of the score cards..

Ok.... back to editing..
Well put and not surprising from a 1:1 wheeler. The RECON G6 Challenge pushes a driver like nothing else. Yes, this format has inspired clubs all over the country to hold similiar events or "knock-offs", but when a driver wants to experience a one of kind event, they do participate in a RECON G6 Challenge.

Over saturating a Challenge with rules, limits not only the drivers, but the event its self and one must be careful with over burding a driver. Hell, we live every day with "rules", the last thing I want is more "rules" in my fun time. Better clarity, yes, but you of all people, have had a glimpse into the future and I can't wait for 2012.

For me, I'm ready to crank the volume and run around nekked while watching the latest Low Budget Production vid of the Birthday Bash!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
WoW. G6 challenge came to parker in a dream and it's blown up With the popularity the rules have had to change to fit the format. I don't want to write a book but I think a lot of us misunderstand the rules. I've been having a hard time hearing Parker on the mic the last few G6's and had to ask fellow G6ers on what the new twist was. The breakout has been in place for I think this was the 3rd event with it. When Parker hears concerns he takes care of them behind the scenes and it's released at the next event. That's happened most of the year.
Thank you, sir. You are correct. This first year has been phenominal and I can't thank everyone who has contributed to the success of the RECON G6 Challenge. It's funny how the insane was ridiculed about having a "scale" event at a Nat Qual comp, (AWCC), but boy did that prompt the addition of "scale" style events at some later date comps.

Some quick stats that aren't meant for bragging purposes, but every now and then a slap of reality followed by a kick of commitment reassures me that I'm still from the "show me" state;

In 2011, over 3800 Trail Markers were set during 40 G6 Stages. 15 Official RECON G6 Challenges were held in 4 different states. Drivers ranged in age from 7 to 74 for males and 9 to 62 for females.

I've always said that I can't explain what a RECON G6 Challenge is and it's something that you have to experience to "get it". That has been proven all year long. Drivers "get it" and we have a lot of fun and we are going to have even more fun in 2012.

When you need your scaler fix, come get it at a RECON G6!

-Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #383
RCC Addict

Careful what you wish for, young G6'er, I will push every driver to their limit and exploit your G-Rides weakness!

VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #384
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=jammin311;3425840]Thats why I cut back on going to these that and they are always on a real comp day. you know parker some people just cant drive there rigs for more then 6 min at a time

Last edited by VP Dan; 12-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #385
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
In 2011, over 3800 Trail Markers were set
Holy Cow!
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #386
I wanna be Dave

Winning is way over-rated.

As long as there's pepole who care more about winning than having fun, these kind of issues will never go away.

Last edited by travis c.; 12-09-2011 at 08:40 AM.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #387
Rock Crawler

I think that having a "breakout time" is good and bad,where else you gonna get that kind of age diversity at an RC comp,not at these so called "real comps".maybe lower the "breakout time" limit a little.
i also love to challenge myself as being a racer and a adventurist,to really test my skills and my rig on a G6 course,yeah i agree the training wheel sections need's to be TOUGHER.

i hope Parker keeps the cool one of a kind trophys,winning one is like a right of passage,and Elio does such a great job making them...
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #388
Rock Crawler

Quote:
we got the age diversity at real comps we got the alot of the same people

I'm just giving everyone a hard time here just to stir the pot Like I siad I might make one or two of these if the were not on a real comp day. I don't see any nationals for a g6 I don't see no finals to strive for hence not a real comp..
Your right Jammin, a RECON G6 CHALLENGE can never be a "Real Comp" because you don't stand around for hours just to drive for 6 minutes! But I guess the lines can't be that long when there are only have 24 drivers!

A G6 Challenge is just that, a CHALLENGE. I've never been to a "real comp" where a driver has to stop and shoot a air soft gun or be blindfolded and guided through a trail marker by my stage buddy!

If a G6 was scheduled on the same day as what you call a "finals or nationals" I know where I'll be... Just sayin!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #389
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=sloyota;3428358]I think that having a "breakout time" is good and bad,where else you gonna get that kind of age diversity at an RC comp,not at these so called "real comps".

Like James said in the above post My Dad just turned 60 he has not missed a comp I have go to in over 2 years He loves every bit and We have other 50 plus year olds in BYBRCC that just so happen to do very well at comps, Look at the last NCVRCC comp Miner Mike got 5th Age has nothing to do with it.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #390
Rock Crawler

OH MY. I think a lot of people think i'm something all right, with horns and a long tail. Seriously though, thank you, but I can't do it alone and each and every G6'er is to thank, because without lab mice to experiment on, the RECON G6 Challenge would not be what it is.

ROTR UP!

I know very well that Stu, Brad, Cole and every one else Helps a ton but Lets face it you are the Face of RECON and G6 O and the most Creative guy when it comes to the Comp side.

Your new comp formats bring life back to comps some of the G6's that have never been to a comp should make it to a Recon Comp and really test there skills Hell I will let them use my rig ( if there is no clear dirt around) 2 different ways to have a great time and not the same at all, so no comparing the 2 for me.

O and what the F is ROTR UP !
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #391
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Your right Jammin, a RECON G6 CHALLENGE can never be a "Real Comp" because you don't stand around for hours just to drive for 6 minutes! But I guess the lines can't be that long when there are only have 24 drivers!

A G6 Challenge is just that, a CHALLENGE. I've never been to a "real comp" where a driver has to stop and shoot a air soft gun or be blindfolded and guided through a trail marker by my stage buddy!

If a G6 was scheduled on the same day as what you call a "finals or nationals" I know where I'll be... Just sayin!
Alright you people are starting to cross the line.I take a lot of pride putting on 2.2pro comp's sure the comps are not as big as past years but please leave them out of this. Love Tim Terry trying to keep the sport alive.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #392
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Alright you people are starting to cross the line.I take a lot of pride putting on 2.2pro comp's sure the comps are not as big as past years but please leave them out of this. Love Tim Terry trying to keep the sport alive.
Hey Tim that is the point, These are differant kind of events, comps. are you against time and the cones, in g-6 you are about trail riding and hanging out with friends. I guess I am wrong these are alot alike! you against time and cones on both courses, but with g6 its ok to help fellow drivers. And hope in the end he or she helps you later. For me the comps. got to much bs going on. if the g6 gets that way well I will stop going!
Oh and thanks Tim for putting on the comps.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #393
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE View Post
Justin I was just saying if there was no placks for 1st,2nd,or 3rd place it would not seam so much like a race, I guess I just aint getting across what I mean.
Now i hear what you are saying Joe,no big deal,there just toy trucks ,and were all in this too have fun.
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #394
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE View Post
Hey Tim that is the point, These are differant kind of events, comps. are you against time and the cones, in g-6 you are about trail riding and hanging out with friends. I guess I am wrong these are alot alike! you against time and cones on both courses, but with g6 its ok to help fellow drivers. And hope in the end he or she helps you later. For me the comps. got to much bs going on. if the g6 gets that way well I will stop going!
Oh and thanks Tim for putting on the comps.

Not sure about you, but I am all ways trying to help my Fellow Compers Cheering them on telling what mistakes I made so they have a chance at a better score. Sure I want to do good but I rather see some one Perfect a course that every thought could not be finished perfect.

I guess I look at it differently then others Well I dont know there are at least 15 others that think like me about the comp side help the others around you like James said it's big boys playing with toy cars.

I all so go to comps to hang with friends. Just saying

Not sure how G6 and comps started to fight but really, I want to and love to do both so can we just all get along.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #395
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FAB NOR-CAL View Post
Now i hear what you are saying Joe,no big deal,there just toy trucks ,and were all in this too have fun.
WRONG, I hate you because you beat me at the last comp, I will continue to hate you till I beat you, then you can hate me!
Forget fun, I want to win dammit!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #396
Rock Crawler

Quote:
1-100 drivers whats the differents... You all use to be soo into promoting the hobby as a whole just seems lately some people go out of there way lately to promote 1 side and degrade the other. We are all here to have fun with toy trucks. So what we only had 24... 1-100 we are still comping as much as some people don't think we should beacuse they don't do it much anymore they thing no one dose. I would love to do another G6 and do my part to promote that side but statements like this makes it hard... I love this hobby and am trying to do everything I can to keep the 2.2 comp seen going in nor cal beacuse I enjoy it. I miss going to g6's and hanging out with you brad. I want to see both side contiune going as long as they can.

P.S. I set better courses then Parker in 2.2 comp sceen hahaha just trying to light a fire under that ass to come challenge me and to come run on my courses for once.

P.S.S. and this statment...

you never came down to hobby town concord to are carnival comps. We were doing this type of stuff before g6 was even thought of...

Try doing a Whole course blindfolded try running a whole course tied to another rig an you both have to make it thur.

Not to take anything away from you all just saying..

So do work G6'ers and 2.2 compers keep it all going forever!!!!

WOW... Thanks for faggin up this thread...and nice try on steeling the thunder D bag. FYI... nobody gives a shit what you were doing before the G6..

Parker would probably be successful promoting just about anything, from rubber nipples to spaceships.. Some people got it, some don't..

So you can choose to ride the G train or get the fawk off... Not to take anything away from you..
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #397
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ouch nice come back your the frist person to loose there cool and start to throw names out.. Grow up!!!!

I have mad respect for Parker and Brad and all the G crew and they all know me and who I am I've come to call them friends and still do!! They have been huge in this hobby and still are. Ive been to many G6's and hope to go to more. and Like I said I'm just giving them shit and they are taking it with the humor that was intended.. so I say again Grow up!

I had respect for you and what you have been doing in this hobby but not so much anymore. Keep up the good work tho I love the vid's

OH... OK, that was humor..I misunderstood it as EGO, childish ranting about toy cars and hating on others success because you got left behind or something...You sounded like a complete ass in the original post.. Your respect means nothing to me, so no loss there, thanks but I don't need a cheerleader to keep doing what I do..

This is it for me, our little tissy has had the reverse effect of what I was trying to get across.. If you want to continue this crap you can PM me...

My bad everybody, should have kept it off the thread, sorry.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 12-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #398
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
WRONG, I hate you because you beat me at the last comp, I will continue to hate you till I beat you, then you can hate me!
Forget fun, I want to win dammit!
Hey Travis that is how I was starting to feel about comping, although I never beat you, was trying my ass off, but never happened!

So how have you been? hope to see at a G6
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #399
Rock Crawler

This whole Challenge vs. Comp all started about breakout times. What makes any of these events great are the people who put them on and the enjoyment gained by each participant. If you want to be hard core comp, go run a comp. If you want to have a fun adventure filled day with friends, go run a Challenge. How you put on your event will decide what type of word of mouth or forum postings you will receive.

I believe the success you see in the G6 Challenge with Parker is the word of mouth after. I made the big drive down because of the post i have read after each event. When you have so many people posting how great it was, how it pushed them and still had fun. You just dont see many complaints.

I only made a few 2.2 comps and never returned because of the cold shoulder and my $h!t dont stink attititudes. I drive way down to hang by myself because everyone is so up tight trying to win.

This is a hobby, to enjoy, be creative and push your limits. I find that at the G6 Challenge not a Comp.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #400
RCC Addict

Why are we even discussing 2.2 comp stuff in a G6 thread?
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote