I wanna be Dave

No pics or vids yet?
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #443
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
No pics or vids yet?
I'm working on the Axial Blog right now; should be done tonight. Then, it's off to Rodney.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #444
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
I'm working on the Axial Blog right now; should be done tonight. Then, it's off to Rodney.
Hells Yeah!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #445
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeno View Post
i'm working on the axial blog right now; should be done tonight. Then, it's off to rodney.

huuurrrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #446
RCC Addict

Well.............................................. we're waiting...........
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #447
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Went back to Folsom to break more stuff
I already picked up the buzz today about the next G6 going to Socal? Hmmm.

YEAH, GET SOME BLUE BASTARD...opps, it's in the screen name!

Love ya, brokennib, that's some nasty mud!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #448
I wanna be Dave

Happy 1 year Birthday RECON G6 Challenge™! I could not have thought of a better way to celebrate what a cool year that RECON has had hosting a new r/c genre known as a G6 Challenge by having a Birthday Bash G6. So we did and I’m not sure how turning 2 is going to be, but if it’s like this Birthday Bash, I better rest up, because this was a G6 for the ages.

The RECON G6 Birthday Bash was presented by Axial Racing; their SCX-10 line is the Official Truck of the RECON G6 Challenge, Vanquish Products and Pit Bull Tires. I can already tell, today is going to be a good day. The Birthday Bash featured a lot of experiences that drivers faced during the year and some new ones, so planning started early.

Next was to assemble a party goers list. Well, that was easy, as 60 of the most talented G6 Challenge Drivers arrived in their best party clothes and I seen several G-Rides that were dressed just for the Birthday Bash. Ok, every G-Ride was dressed for a party, since that was a requirement. Everything from scale birthday presents to party hats and that included some scale birthday cakes, too.

Speaking of cake, every driver found their G-Ride posing on the Birthday Bash G6 Birthday Cake, but what they didn’t know until later, that they would be driving thru that cake. The Birthday Bash G6 Birthday Cake was an obstacle on the Erzberg section of Stage 2 and it got sticky.

Next, you can’t have a party without a guest star and the Birthday Bash G6 featured Axial Racing’s Rodney Wills and the new Axial EXO Terra-Buggy. Hell yeah, party ON! Rodney Wills, overland adventurer and multi-talented phenom, started putting G-Rides to film, ok, memory card and there was no shortage of great terrain to give him action shot after action shot and it goes without saying that Spice Island Park provided some SaWeet G6-able stages.

RECON G6 Challenge Stages are some of the most extreme driving that a G6’er will ever do, not that every part of a stage is difficult, because it’s not, but because the drive time varies from 20 minutes to two and half hours and in addition to navigating difficult sections; a driver must also keep their G-Ride in one piece. To add to a stage difficulty, a driver must perform special tasks. The tasks could be a physical or a mental challenge, but combine all this with the adventure of a RECON G6 Challenge™ Stage and you have one heck of a good time.

The Birthday Bash G6 Stages had drivers battling it out with mulch piles, traversing a raging river, sand, and one of my personal favorites, mud. I know Tom Swanson enjoyed the extended Hobbit Section, after all, everyone should experience driving their G-Ride with their controller at their ankles and Chris Goris put on a great show traversing the diagonal Erzberg hill climb with the SCX-10 based “Blue Bastard”. But for me, the coolest thing I seen on a stage during the Birthday Bash was Eric O’Brien making a pass in the mud pit. His Axial SCX-10 Hilux laced with TSL Boggers made short work of the mud, but the tire of choice for performance and versatility, is the 1.9 Pit Bull Rock Beast and confirming that this is “THE” tire that handles everything a G6 Stage can throw at it.

The Birthday Bash G6 had the added surprises of several G6 first timers. I was stoked to see some old r/c crawling friends getting their first time fix in a RECON G6. Tim, Cassie, and Big Chris M looked like they had a blast and I think was shocked at how much drive time a G6’er experiences during a G6 Challenge. Congratulations to all the first time drivers who participated in the Birthday Bash G6.

No G6 is complete without thanking all those that make every RECON G6 Challenge™ possible. This list is long and I’m honored to have so many supportive companies and individuals that jumped aboard the G-Train in 2011.

In no particular order, Thank you Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Pit Bull Tires, Poly Performance, Rock Star Energy Drink, T.C.S., PLE, BPC, HC&M Hobbies, Traction Hobbies and Raceway, Oliver Knives, R/C Rock Armor, the G6 Crew, R/C Country, and if I forgot anybody, please post up. I can’t thank ya’ll enough and we look forward to your continued support in 2012.

A huge “THANK YOU” to my wife and daughters for their continued support, patience, help and tolerance of my trips away from home that my passion for hosting r/c events undoubtedly brings, but the RECON G6 Challenge™ has created an atmosphere that my daughters not only enjoy being part of, but actually look forward to. I love ya’ll!

Thank you to all the volunteers throughout the year and a big shout out to the two cool cats that helped me with set up at the Birthday Bash. That’s was awesome and you guys rock!

As with every G6 Challenge, this recap must end and it’s bitter sweet knowing that this is the last one of the year. I will leave every G6’er and every reader and every other r/c fanatic with one last RECON G6 Challenge;

In 2011, if you did not experience the latest r/c genre after reading all the Axial Blogs, the articles in RC Car Action Magazine, RC Driver Magazine, Extreme RC Cars Magazine, or read the recaps and comments on RECONCRAWLERS.com or RCCrawler.com or Pirate4x4.com or THESCALEBUILDERSGUILD.com; you owe it to yourself, your family, and your scaler buddies, that in 2012;

COME GET YOUR SCALER FIX, IN A RECON G6!

I’m Parker, Godspeed and Thank You.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #449
RCC Addict

and a big thank you to you parker and all the recon crew you guys rock cant wait till 2012 yo see whats in the works
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #450
RCC Addict

I'm working on the Axial Blog right now; should be done tonight. well are you done yet
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #451
Rock Crawler

your the man Parker,thank you Recon Crew for all that you do for the scale RC hobby.
i cant wait to see what 2012 has is store for us...

biting my finger nails eagerly waiting for the next Recon G6 Challenge..

thanks again from the Sonoma County Scaler Krew..
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #452
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
I'm working on the Axial Blog right now; should be done tonight. well are you done yet
Blog and pics are away. Rodney is on it now, so it should be ready as soon as he can get to it.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #453
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011

Nice Write-up Parker.

I really do appreciate You - Parker, Brad 'n Sons, Stuart, Axial, Vanquish Products, and anyone else that puts in all the work to make the G6 Challenges happen. I've had an absolutely terrible week and a half, but thinking about what you guys have in store for 2012 has kept my spirits up.

Excellent Job R.E.C.O.N. Bravo!!!

Can't wait to see where the G-Train is heading next....................

Old 12-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #454
Rock Crawler

Default Birthday Bash Snapshots

High 5 !!

These are a few snapshots from the up coming G6 Birthday Bash video footage...and I mean just a few...

Video coming soon..

G6 Birthday Bash Snapshots
All RC Crawling :: G6 Birthday Bash Snapshots slideshow by tacochaser - Photobucket

Last edited by DORK VADER; 12-16-2011 at 01:34 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #455
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Birthday Bash Snapshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dork vader View Post
high 5 !!

These are a few snapshots from the up coming g6 birthday bash video...and i mean just a few...

Video coming soon..

more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #456
Rock Crawler

Is the slide show working on your side TREE ??
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #457
Quarry Creeper

Yeah buddy,

Those are some bad A$$ pics buddy, you and your lovely better half take some damn good pics, and even better videos!!!!, not that I would know...
Old 12-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #458
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Is the slide show working on your side TREE ??
I had to click on it and view it in photobucket. Cant wait for the video. Nice pics.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #459
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011

Ooooooohhhhh Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

I'm Feindin' now Matt................................
Old 12-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #460
I wanna be Dave

Cool pics
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote