Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #421
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
You are correct sir! People like something to "shoot" for, otherwise it's just a "scale gtg" or "trail run"!

Just because there are podium finishers and a clock doesn't make it a race!

It's just not for everybody! That's all, no big deal. Tons of people have fun and enjoy themselves so that's why we do it! I would have even LESS HAIR if we tried to make EVERYONE happy, it can't be done! If it wasn't a great format then we wouldn't be putting so many of them on and people wouldn't be copying the G6 all across the country!
Thanks Brad for keeping this steered in the right direction, I just have a couple of points-
I consider myself pretty much a "Non competitive" kinda guy, but just because I'm not "in it to win it" doesn't mean it's a bad thing for someone who is. That's what's cool about the G6- it's really about what you want it to be. Taking out the trophy's or the podium would just kill the event for a lot of guys (probably including myself)
Now this has nothing against Elio... I love his trophies, but sometimes I kinda miss the goofy thrift store junk they gave away at the early G6's. They were just kinda fun and not super serious. In fact I wonder if Tom still has that big ass Tiki head he won a while back.... did his wife let him hang that thing in the living room?
And what happened to the G-degree? I don't recall that at the last one? Mine still sits right on my desk, I love that thing. Cheers me up every time i look at it. I don't win a lot of trophies, but my G-degree and one I won from a racing club for "perseverance" are some of my most prized possessions.

As far as "breakout time" is concerned, I think it's a great idea, and it adds the element of time management to the equation. However some of the details of this system is still abit fuzzy to a lot of guys. (including me) Obviously Parker's already aware of this, and solutions will be found. Gotta remember this whole event is still in "Beta" testing, and nothing is written in stone.
That's another thing, I always try to remind myself that this is essentially Parker's gig, and in this situation it's basically a dictatorship--- and i am perfectly O.K. with that.
I'm sure i'm not the only one out there that is just burned out with the club scene. The problem is everything is designed by committee, and essentially nothing gets done. (except a whole lot of bitching)
Honestly, all I want to worry about when I attend is keeping my truck (and me) in one piece the entire day and finishing the courses.

But the G6 is most definetley not a trail ride, that's a whole different scene man.

Keep on truck'in Parker
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #422
I wanna be Dave

Its up to all you guys, i just make them because there fun to do the different themes. we will leave it up to parker.
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #423
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
But the G6 is most definetley not a trail ride, that's a whole different scene man.

Keep on truck'in Parker
Oh you know it, Brokennib! I'm pushing the envelope and ain't slowin' down.

The G-Degree has not gone anywhere, just part of the beta testing and will be back to always re-assure those that have a bad day in a RECON G6 Challenge that there is always something that could be worse.

You and several other Sacramento G6'ers have been driving in almost every G6 of 2011 and know that the true award is finishing. Finishing one stage is an accomplishment, but finishing every stage is a huge personal victory. I think Dani said it best, most scale comps are hard on a truck for a couple of minutes, but a G6 Challenge beats the piss out of your truck non-stop all day.

In 2012, we're G6'in and you know it!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #424
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
Its up to all you guys, i just make them because there fun to do the different themes. we will leave it up to parker.
What's cool about the G6 Zonkered Awards, is just that, they always fit the theme of a G6.

I know we will be handing out some Zonkered Awards and more in 2012.

I can't wait!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #425
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
What's cool about the G6 Zonkered Awards, is just that, they always fit the theme of a G6.

I know we will be handing out some Zonkered Awards and more in 2012.

I can't wait!
I totally agree.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #426
Rock Crawler

Chris, you are right on the money!!! It's all about fun and having fun with friends and family!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #427
Rock Stacker

Chris I do have all my trophys and no my fiancé will not allow me to put any of them in the livIng room there in my man cave. I bet if she earned one she would want to put it in the living room. Something else I want to re cap on is I feel the g6 is a trail and error thing. But I love every adventure I'm put through. Thank you recon for everything.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #428
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
If it wasn't a great format then we wouldn't be putting so many of them on and people wouldn't be copying the G6 all across the country!

TRUE STORY.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #429
I wanna be Dave

any word on pics?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #430
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
any word on pics?
Yeah, i was just thinking the same thing.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #431
RCC Addict

How about video!cough Matt, cough
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #432
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
How about video!cough Matt, cough
Oh its sooo close.. Converting HD files takes a long time on my lap top.. Just got it to download the final rough after 15 hrs... of waiting on it. I'll be doing a couple minor tweaks on the footage tonight and then its the waiting game.....

It should be ready in a couple of days, if all goes right.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #433
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Oh its sooo close.. Converting HD files takes a long time on my lap top.. Just got it to download the final rough after 15 hrs... of waiting on it. I'll be doing a couple minor tweaks on the footage tonight and then its the waiting game.....

It should be ready in a couple of days, if all goes right.
Right on Matt. Thanks for puttin in work
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #434
Rock Crawler

I was not able to make it, makes me sad but a video would be rad.

Maybe some pics from the talented ones that drive with one hand and snap pics with the other.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #435
Rock Crawler

Wow, there's a lot of input from everyone in this thread about the G6!!! I want to thank Parker and the Recon Guys (Brad, Cole, Stu) for once again another awesome Adventure!!! Also thank Elio for the Awesome trophy!!! I now have 2 of his art work in my Garage on top of my tool box ... I have been to almost all of the Recon G6 minus 4 of them and I truely love every single event, I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us G6ers. I am happy with whatever format Parker has thrown at us and rather than fight it I just have to adapt to it and do what I need to finsh and maybe even win sometimes. I have been lucky enough to get some podium finshes which felt great! yes it's not a race but you sure do have to work hard to get there.

Again can't wait to get my scaler fix at the next Recon G6, I hope my baby boy is born before it so I can make sure I go to it.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #436
RCC Addict

Chris, no committee here in the 916 that went out the window @ breakfast. Elio, we'll have to talk about trophies for the stuff we have going on. FUN is why I go and why I will still go. When its no long fun then. And parker with enough notice (more than a week) we might be able to get a few from the 916 to hit socal, wa, az and yes. Msd if we really have to this format is the most fun rc event I've been involved in. Met some really cool people and met some good friends
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #437
Rock Crawler

Went back to Folsom to break more stuff
I already picked up the buzz today about the next G6 going to Socal? Hmmm.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #438
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Went back to Folsom to break more stuff
I already picked up the buzz today about the next G6 going to Socal? Hmmm.

Well that did not sound healthy!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #439
I wanna be Dave

short lived there
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #440
Quarry Creeper

i like the "OHHH.....DAMN IT!!"
ZackMicF is offline   Reply With Quote