Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires

The G-Train is loaded and the sun has done set, but the re-telling of stage stories keep going into the evening. A RECON G6 Challenge doesn’t end with the stage time, oh no, the laughter and the line discussion continues for several days. Our conversation was brought to a halt by one of the brightest and longest tailed shooting stars that I’ve ever seen. The brightness hit everyone’s face like a roman candle and as we watched the shooting star burn out, the ensuing darkness was a sign to hit the road. The Coyote Hole G6 has come to an end.

But before a G6 can have an ending; it has to have a beginning and the Coyote Hole G6 had just that. The G6 lifestyle is spreading quicker than Country Crock on hot toast. There were over 50 G6’ers lined up to tackle the
LakeAmador terrain and possibly strike gold.

The Ultra Class Driver is an r/c extremist. The demands that are put on a driver and their G-Ride far exceed what an average enthusiast could ever imagine. Three drivers tackled the Coyote Hole G6 and the closest Ultra Class finish was the result. Congrats to Matt, Wes, and Mike; all three men finished the Ultra Stage and helped each other throughout 202 trail markers. Not only is this an accomplishment of their driving skills, but their ability to keep their G-Ride together. Congrats to Mike Pham for capturing the Driver of the Day and earning him a Zonkered Award.

Here are the Ultra Class results;

There was more than gold on the line in the Wraith/2.2 Class. The latest way to prove your Wraith driving skill is to put your hood up. Much like street racers race for pink slips, Wraith drivers compete for the others hood. Dan W. and “The Wraith” was up against yours truly and Poochie. Well, this saga will continue, I was unable to run in this G6 and our Hood Bet was a push. The rest of the Wraith/2.2 Class field was on a mission. The Father and Son Team of George Zanter and D-Man, was having a stellar day until a pretzeled driveline and stripped spur gear halted their amazing day. Poochie was piloted by Chasinbaja and he was chasing a first ever finish in the Wraith/2.2 Class, but an eighty foot drop into the ravine ended his day as a Team Twirk Driver. A man that stayed steady and hit all the G-Tags ended up being the Driver of the Day in the Wraith/2.2 Class and took home a Zonkered Award. Rig Rocker has been on the G6 roller coaster of ups and downs and the smile on his face was well deserved. Congrats to all the Wraith/2.2 Class G6’ers that finished.

Here are the results;

The Teams Class is a class for two drivers to share a G-Ride. They split the driving duties and enjoy sharing the G6 experience together. The Teams all had difficultie, but the team that earned Drivers of the Day and a Zonkered Award, went to Rich and Dianne. Great job and better luck fishing next time!

Here are the Team results;

When someone mentions the G6 Adventurist Class, I can’t help but smile. The Adventurist Class is the most determined group of r/c scale enthusiasts that I’ve ever seen. Their sheer will to finish a stage and traverse some of the most demanding stage conditions is awesome and second to none. Fathers cheering their young sons on and offering line advise his not only heartwarming, but ensures that the RECON G6 Challenge will continue to challenge the next generation of drivers, long after I have gone to set stages and courses in the after life.

The Female G6’ers are making a statement; the RECON G6 Challenge is not just for men. A driver that knows the limits of their G-Ride and have to skill to drive smart; which simply means, winch when you need to, reverse when you have to, and pick smart lines. The women are stage finishers and I’m proud of each and everyone them.

The Coyote Hole G6 Adventurist enjoyed loose shale, technical rocky ravines, and one of the most demanding hobbit sections set to date. Although no gold was found, fun was and if fun was measured in gold, we would all be billionaires.

Congrats to the entire Adventurist and the Driver of the Day, Dusty Goodwyn, for a stellar performance. The amazing part of the day for me was how many G6 Virgins that finished. Great job!

Here are the Adventurist results;

Thank you to the G-Crew, Sponsors, and LakeAmador. I could not do what I do without the reins of Stuart G, Cole Bailey, and B-Rad! Kudos to John Halman for his assistance and Matt and Mandy for their awesomeness and many thanks to Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Pit Bull Tires, BPC, PLE Engineering, and everyone else who supports the RECON
G6 Challenge.

-Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #162
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires

Dusty - Nice job on the 1st place adventurist. We could have been a contender if I hadn't taken a swim break... But the newbie Maberto team breaks into the top 5.

Mike - Nice job on the 1st place in Ultra! Way to tear it up.
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #163
RCC Addict

2:26 almost brought a tear to my eye.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #164
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
thanks matt 8:28 did the same to me
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
thanks matt 8:28 did the same to me
Both moments in time should be nominated for an Emmy!

What's that?

Do you hear it?

Say it isn't so.

I can't believe it. Oh, damn this twitch and the burn, damn this burn.

OK!

I need my scaler fix, in a RECON G6!

It's coming, soon, very soon.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #166
RCC Addict

RECON G6 Challenge Coyote Hole 2012
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Skeeno some pics of my rig, hope to see you at next g6
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #168

dragonturbo3 is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM
Oct. 16th Bloomsdale, MO "Pit Bull Tires" Presents The Eye Competitions 72 10-24-2010 04:51 PM