Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RiverRiders RS10 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #1

Default RiverRiders RS10 Build

Picked up a RS10 for a 100 bucks, it is all stock, servos both are no good and was told the battery wasnt any good aswell but it did power the fan on the esc. didnt take a pic of when i got it but all you have seen a stock RS10 so no need for one anyway.

i did a few things to it all ready installed a hitec high torque metal gear servo in the front and a cheapy servo in the rear for now until i lock out the rear end. i slid the shocks closer to the axle making it lower. installed my proline bead lock wheels and my losi comp claw tires. Fitted the losi comp crawler body on the rs10. and installed my spektrum dx3e controller/reciver

still need to try and charge the battery it came with and see if it still ok if not need to buy new ones, sold out all my nimh batteries =( here is a pic of what it looks like at the moment more to come.

Photobucket
RiverRider779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #2

Default Re: RiverRiders RS10 Build

Some more Pics sorry iphone dont take very good pics its gonna get repainted too. i do plan on getting the wing eliminator kit

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 07-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
RCC Addict

hey there bro! just my $0.02 here, but don't waist money/time, mostly time that is, waitin on UPS to show up with parts. just get yourself some 1/2" x 1/8" aluminum flat stock from like lowes/home depot, and make your own "wing" eliminator kit. it's simple , i've even made some out of 1/8" delrin.
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #4

Thanks for giving me the idea on eliminating the wings ill be trying that soon

Here is a few pics i painted the body and will be getting more into detail on work ill be doing to it soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 07-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #5

Got the battery charged and everything works but the ESC..... How good are the stock esc? thinking about getting another if they are ok. Will be looking into others aswell.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRider779 View Post
Got the battery charged and everything works but the ESC..... How good are the stock esc? thinking about getting another if they are ok. Will be looking into others aswell.
Depends on how good of a deal you get on one. They're decent for what they are, but I certainly wouldn't spend anymore than $30-40 tops for one. You can get a much better ESC for not much more than that.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #7

well the town near me has TGN Distributing and they have a Dual motor ESC/BEC the Outcry 60 bucks... But i have searched threw threads and couldnt find anything on this redcat ESC that i would like to know.... Can the ESC of the Redcat be programmed like a velineon system, or any other way??? If thats all it needs i wont have to buy that esc yet. And there is a small little white switch on the side too i dont know what that is??? Can someone please let me know thank you. Oh if this helps the LED is solid Red...

I bought red cutting board and gonna be making my wing eliminator with it, make bent links and uppers... And also im gonna be cutting the chassis off the bottom to get more clearence and making a skid plate with some of that cutting board. Thought about making my own chassisout of Thick Lexan.

Currently i am going threw the axles inspecting everything and lubing and cleaning as i go.

Last edited by RiverRider779; 07-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #8

I bought an outcry esc. I have been running it for a while and it seems to be a very descent esc for the price. I think its manufactured by rc4wd. rc4wd was super helpfull with a problem I had so they get my of the official stamp of approval By the way there are TWO VERSIONS outcry ESC. a dual motor version and a single motor version. The only difference is a fan that you dont need and you can save $10.00 by ordering the single version.

I did very similar mods to my own rs10. Check it out! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redca...ml#post3687652
Benthecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

There's no programming to the Lansu or the Outcry. Plug and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRider779 View Post
well the town near me has TGN Distributing and they have a Dual motor ESC/BEC the Outcry 60 bucks... But i have searched threw threads and couldnt find anything on this redcat ESC that i would like to know.... Can the ESC of the Redcat be programmed like a velineon system, or any other way??? If thats all it needs i wont have to buy that esc yet. And there is a small little white switch on the side too i dont know what that is??? Can someone please let me know thank you. Oh if this helps the LED is solid Red...

I bought red cutting board and gonna be making my wing eliminator with it, make bent links and uppers... And also im gonna be cutting the chassis off the bottom to get more clearence and making a skid plate with some of that cutting board. Thought about making my own chassisout of Thick Lexan.

Currently i am going threw the axles inspecting everything and lubing and cleaning as i go.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #10

Thanks guys for the replies guess the esc is really toast oh well, yeah i was thinking of the dual motor outcry esc.

Benthecrawler where did u get the 1/8 derin??? I tried lowes and home depot and they have nothing but lexan and the thickest the got is .220 which is what i may try. Your crawler looks great too btw great job

I have a problem with one of the wheel hex rubbing making a drag its up against the turnknuckles and i have no room for a small washer to put inbetween. Also cut out my lower links from the cutting board i got. Post pics soon. still gotta finish servicing up one of the axles.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #11

Just bought 1/4 inch lexan sheet for 10 bucks and got my tie rod ends and also picked up bolts that i will be removing the heads to be able to thread on the tie rod ends to the links. Currently not at home but pics will be posted later
Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #12

I could not get the delrin locally so I ordered it over the internet. I learned delrin is just a brand name for acetal plastic. Heres a link to where I got mine. You can pick the dimensions your self. Acetal Sheet, Black: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Glad I could help!

Be sure to post pictures of the rubbing problem. There's a bunch of smart guys here that are eager to help!
Benthecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #13

Update on the RS10..................... its on hold. and in peices will continue build later in time. Bought me a scx10 trail honcho yesterday
Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #14

Been debating on fitting a XR10 chassis and upper and lower links to the rs10 axles. Just need to locate a chassis and links. The stuff i made for the bodiless chassis i did not like at all the the cutting board crap splits its like they glued 3 thin sheets together. So gonna keep an eye out for the xr10 stuff i want for it
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #15

Giving the rs10 away to my buddy who has no crawler. I really dont need it.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Oh well, that's a really nice thing to do and then you can spend more money on your losi
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #17

lol yeah more money on the losi and my axial.
Hes unemployed right now so do a good deed i guess

RiverRiders RS10 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My RS10-XT build thread BackToThePast Redcat Crawlers 125 01-28-2013 08:52 PM
RS10 build SeTh_Rs10 Redcat Crawlers 90 01-12-2013 01:32 PM
rs10 based build jwo Redcat Crawlers 45 04-25-2012 08:18 AM
my RS10 Build jr104 Redcat Crawlers 50 06-25-2010 04:42 AM
My new RS10 build BADASSPONY Redcat Crawlers 12 02-16-2010 08:34 AM