Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #241
RCC Addict

Default Re: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

you need to break something so you have an excuse to fix it.

sorry honey, it wasn't my fault, but I have to fix it now.
I'll look for the best price, ok?
thanks, you are a sweetie.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #242
I joined the Band!

LOL my wife is awesome about all this. I have a big addiction to guns, cars, and rc cars. I work, she's a stay at home mom. As long as there's food on the table, we have money in savings, she's totally cool with whatever I buy. Spent $4,000 on a rifle a few months ago, she thought I was crazy but feels I work, there's no reason I shouldn't have the things I want. Ah yeah, I clean my guns and work on my RC cars at the kitchen table and she never bitches. No, she doesn't have a sister................. unfortunately
Platinumzj5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #243
I joined the Band!

OK so here's where i'm at. Broke it totally down, took the transmission apart and packed it with grease since it ships totally dry, moved the shock outside the chassis up top and outside the control arms down at the axle, pulled both diffs apart again. I was running AXIAL lockers with OEM shafts and OEM ring gears but not anymore. I have a set of 1 piece connect boxes coming from hobby ease so until then, she's laid up.

I'll let you guys know how these work out.

Search Results for 180009 : HobbyEase
Old 06-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #244
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinumzj5.9 View Post
Post up some pictures! I took mine out today for the first time. Not 10 minutes and I snapped an axle shaft in the front axle, POS lol Stock motor and everything, I guess that's what $135 gets me though. That's ok, more upgrades are on the way.
You must just have bad luck. My kids E10 is 6 months old and hasn't broken a thing YET. Axial lockers and a 37T motor. Everything else is stock and original, and she drives just like a woman. Wide open till it bounces off something. And it sees a lot of rough ass rocks, mud and water.
Attached Images

Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #245

Anybody know what other brand drive shafts will fit without mods?
velocity5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:43 AM   #246

Quote:
I have a set of 1 piece connect boxes coming from hobby ease so until then, she's laid up.

I'll let you guys know how these work out.

Search Results for 180009 : HobbyEase
That's what I have. I got mine from helipal.com. Its not 1 piece. It has the same ring gear as stock but bolted to an aluminum locker. When I was installing mine I noticed the ring gear on one wobbled while spinning it inside of the axle case. When the same ring was bolted to a stock plastic locker it ran true. It seems the aluminum locker casting is slightly off.

http://www.helipal.com/rc-car-spare-...k-crawler.html

Last edited by velocity5; 06-27-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:01 AM   #247
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity5 View Post
Anybody know what other brand drive shafts will fit without mods?
Pretty much any shaft for a SCX10 or a Sawback fit. I run MIP shafts for a SCX10 on mine. Things are bullet proof!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:46 AM   #248
Quarry Creeper

Kinda miss my blazer build lol it held up to a vxl system for about a day till the stock lockers blew
aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #249
I joined the Band!

Quote:
That's what I have. I got mine from helipal.com. Its not 1 piece. It has the same ring gear as stock but bolted to an aluminum locker. When I was installing mine I noticed the ring gear on one wobbled while spinning it inside of the axle case. When the same ring was bolted to a stock plastic locker it ran true. It seems the aluminum locker casting is slightly off.

HSP RC Rock Crawler Parts (1/10) - HeliPal

I'll keep an eye out for that while installing them. Right now I have stock shafts filed down to fit in the Axial lockers. I ordered a new set of shafts front and rear and a set of those aluminum lockers. From what I understand, the stock shafts fit in with no modification. Is that right?
Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #250
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
You must just have bad luck. My kids E10 is 6 months old and hasn't broken a thing YET. Axial lockers and a 37T motor. Everything else is stock and original, and she drives just like a woman. Wide open till it bounces off something. And it sees a lot of rough ass rocks, mud and water.
What motor did you go with and is the 37 turn noticeably better than the stock 40 turn?
Old 06-27-2015, 09:20 PM   #251
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What motor did you go with and is the 37 turn noticeably better than the stock 40 turn?
The 35T was way better than what came in the 2 E10's that I have. As for stock motors in the E10, mine were more like an 80 turn. Stupid slow and boring as hell to drive. Still not a speed demon, but fast enough for crawling. One more thing, After having my same as new WRAITH break 3 EFFING times today on the same trails that the kids almost STOCK E10 has run many times, and again today without breaking, I'm pissed. It's going to cost more than the E10 cost just to beef up the axles on a $400 crawler so it can go where a $135 crawler has been going for several months.
Anyway, I bought a pair of Novak can motors and they did great till they saw the water. I'm trying out a $12 RC4WD 35T right now and so far it seems good.

Last edited by Jeepiac; 07-01-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:42 AM   #252

Quote:
I'll keep an eye out for that while installing them. Right now I have stock shafts filed down to fit in the Axial lockers. I ordered a new set of shafts front and rear and a set of those aluminum lockers. From what I understand, the stock shafts fit in with no modification. Is that right?
That is correct. They are a direct replacement. I shimmed my diffs with 10mm bearing shims one on each side to remove the side to side slop. I also shimmed the wheel axles with one 10mm shim on the inside and one 5mm outside under the pin. They spin free and no more slop.
Team Durango 5x8x0.5mm Idler Gear Shim Set (10) [TDR709033] | Parts - AMain.com - AMain.com
Team Durango 10x12x0.1mm Differential Shim Set (10) [TDR310033] | Parts - AMain.com - AMain.com
Team Durango Gear Grease [TDR390017] | Maintenance - AMain.com - AMain.com
Old 06-28-2015, 03:13 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
The 37T was way better than what came in the 2 E10's that I have. As for stock motors in the E10, mine were more like an 80 turn. Stupid slow and boring as hell to drive. Still not a speed demon, but fast enough for crawling. One more thing, After having my same as new WRAITH break 3 EFFING times today on the same trails that the kids almost STOCK E10 has run many times, and again today without breaking, I'm pissed. It's going to cost more than the E10 cost just to beef up the axles on a $400 crawler so it can go where a $135 crawler has been going for several months.
Anyway, I bought a pair of Novak can motors and they did great till they saw the water. I'm trying out a $12 RC4WD 37T right now and so far it seems good.
What did you break on the Wraith?
Old 06-28-2015, 04:14 AM   #254

I had my truck out today for its first test run.
The indoor race track I practiced at today has a small man made crawler section out back. It was a little overgrown but usable. They basically poured some cement over piles of old bricks and broken concrete pieces. There was also a big wire reel half buried with some dirt leading up to it. I headed for the steep pile and had the truck twisted and damn near vertical. Just when I thought it wasn't possible, the tires gripped and it went right up. The weighted front wheels and soft tires work great. The extra width kept it from rolling on its side. The only problem was trying to go over the center hump in the wire reel. The wood was dusty so the tires would spin. It doesn't have enough speed to get a run on a slippery section. I may have to try the 37t. I cant wait to take the truck out by the dam to some real rocks.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #255
I joined the Band!

I've got 3 motors I want to try out, see how they work. First is a vintage Trinity Monster Horsepower 1985 world champion motor which is 27 turn, also have an Axial 27 turn motor, and an Integy pro lathe 35 turn motor. I moved and have everything in storage. I wont be back to get anything until late July so for now, the stock motor will have to do.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #256
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What did you break on the Wraith?
Screws kept pulling out of the c-hubs.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #257
I joined the Band!

So I picked up an RS10 from craigslist on my way home from work tonight. It's stock other than proline adjustable aluminum shocks, and 3oz of extra weight in each wheel. I have to say, the E10 flexes way better than the RS10 does. It came with a nicely panted body with lights and a bunch of scale goodies, a nice set of aluminum beadlock wheels, some extra aluminum beadlocks that fit he stock wheels, and a mint set of BFG Krawler tires. I removed the foams from the stock tires and that made them much softer, we'll see how it does outside tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #258

Sounds like a nice score Platinumzj5.9!
I ordered the RC4WD 35t motor. I have a bunch of old 27t Trinity spec race handout motors but I didn't want to speed it up that much.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #259
I joined the Band!

It was a nice score. I wasn't really looking but couldn't turn it down for the price. I'll probably use the body and tires on my E10 and put the RS10 back to stock. May keep it, may sell it, not sure yet. I want to run it outside and see how well it does.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #260

The ebayer I ordered the 35t from sold 12 in 24hrs. Nobody else has them. They are sold out on the RC4WD site. Only 5 left
RC4WD 540 Crawler Brushed Motor 35T Bully AX10 Trail Finder Z E0005 | eBay

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new redcat everest-10 crawler? terrywolfpack Redcat Crawlers 83 06-29-2016 01:41 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM
deeper offset rims!!!! minicrawlerguy530 Tires and Wheels 22 10-15-2014 06:55 PM