Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #141

Default Re: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

With your TCS X-Trail chassis I have 2 questions...

A) Did you just purchase the frame or the whole chassis kit?
B) Did the chassis help out with the throttle twist?

Thanks
Coke

Last edited by Cokedriver; 02-05-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Cokedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #142
Quarry Creeper

Deff prolly a 60t. i've had a 20t in my wraith and that thing scooted, had a 27t in my honcho seems like it was faster than my wraith and a 55t in one of my old builds still was faster than the everest
aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #143
Quarry Creeper

the chassis will help with tourque twist due to the shocks being straight up and down. versus crawler stance
JCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyt11010 View Post
i contacted redcat and at first i was told 27t so i emailed them back and they said 40t but im willing to bet its closer to 50t-60t. i put a 35t in mine basing it off 40t and the wheel speed easily doubled.
^ what he said about the 35T.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #145
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokedriver View Post
With your TCS X-Trail chassis I have 2 questions...

A) Did you just purchase the frame or the whole chassis kit?
B) Did the chassis help out with the throttle twist?

Thanks
Coke
I just got the frame rails, and made my own bumpers/cross braces.
Most of the redcat hardware will work, but you'll need at least a few longer 3mm screws because the xtrail chassis is thicker than the stock chassis.

and Yes it helps with the torque twist quite a bit, having the shocks vertical,
It had good flex with the stock shocs in droop, but it was handling a little weird with no up travel,
so I switched to regular 90mm shocks and it seems to handle pretty good now, however it did limit the flex some..
but I'm going for more of a scale build than an all out crawler, so that's what I was going for.
Robotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #146
Rock Stacker

Current pics of my rig..

TCS Xtrail Chassis with home made bumpers/cross braces
E10 axles with Aluminum C-hubs and knuckles, stock links
90mm aluminum shocks
HR Lockouts and Straight axles,
HR CVD's
HR Transmission with Robinson Racing Gears
MIP AX10 driveshafts
bent and lengthened steering link to clear diff for more steering angle.
Motoworx 1.9 wheels
Maxxis Trepador 1.9's with CI lil novas foams, 4.50 with medium outers
Killerbody Horri-bull Body
Killerbody LED kit (not installed yet)
Top Cad HD Roof Rack
Top Cad Light Bar - 15 LED
Mamba Max Pro ESC - waterproofed
Turnigy Mach 4 - 13.5t sensored brushless
Zippy compact 3s 1800mah lipos

Next up, I'm going to weld on a spare tire carrier in the bed of the truck, from those tabs sticking up on the back of the frame.

Last edited by Robotron; 02-07-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #147

That looks great, Robotron.
BMoreScale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #148
Rock Crawler

Looks way better than the stock E10. You might want to beef up them bumpers though. They look a little flimsy
Old 02-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #149
Rock Stacker

ya the truck is about 7 lbs now,
I just dented my fridge while rallying in the kitchen..
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 AM   #150
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
ya the truck is about 7 lbs now,
I just dented my fridge while rallying in the kitchen..
Now that's funny! Maybe you need a better fridge?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #151

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread... I got my everest 2 days ago. Cut the tires the first day and it helped crawl a little. Put a 27 turn Axial motor in it today and wow, Huge improvement. I need to read up on torque twist... It's bad. Bang for the buck with just a few upgrades and this thing is awesome imo. Keep up the good work takeoffyouhoser.
Jerm97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

The main thing that jumps out at me is the OEM ride height is ridiculous. I assume that the marketing and design is based on the assumption that a crawler has to be ten feet in the air with hugely long shocks. Nothing could be further from the truth as anyone that has spent time on the rocks would know. Once it's dropped down about 2 inches it looks much more capable. Shorter shocks, modded chassis and then it's much more rock ready IMO.

I started with MOA but now I am all about the shaft and in the beginning I probably would have gotten one of these. But in some ways I am glad they weren't out yet or I may never have built my Axial shafties. I have to wonder though if it makes economic sense to build one of these up as depicted above. By the time you have thrown all the mods at it required to make it handle bigger power you are well beyond a decent used SCX10 or AX10 roller off the FS threads here.

Great thread with tons of info. :
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStorm View Post
I have to wonder though if it makes economic sense to build one of these up as depicted above. By the time you have thrown all the mods at it required to make it handle bigger power you are well beyond a decent used SCX10 or AX10 roller off the FS threads here.
I would say if you have the funds all at once then yes get the Axial, if you are like me and have a ok amount but not enough to get Axial then start with a E10 and then slowly purchase your mods. I know a lot will say "just save up" well it is either start cheap and be able to enjoy going out and driving your RC or sit at home and save your funds.

Personally I would rather be out driving a cheaper RC then sitting at home thinking about driving one.

For the price of one Axial roller (280.00 US dollars) I was abler to pick up 2 E10's so me and my wife can both go out and drive.

By the time im done yes I will have spent the same as to purchaseing 2 Axial SCX10 RTR's but in the end I will have 2 Axial SCX10's and 2 E10's.

Coke
Cokedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokedriver View Post
I would say if you have the funds all at once then yes get the Axial, if you are like me and have a ok amount but not enough to get Axial then start with a E10 and then slowly purchase your mods. I know a lot will say "just save up" well it is either start cheap and be able to enjoy going out and driving your RC or sit at home and save your funds.

Personally I would rather be out driving a cheaper RC then sitting at home thinking about driving one.

For the price of one Axial roller (280.00 US dollars) I was abler to pick up 2 E10's so me and my wife can both go out and drive.

By the time im done yes I will have spent the same as to purchaseing 2 Axial SCX10 RTR's but in the end I will have 2 Axial SCX10's and 2 E10's.

Coke
I agree. I wanted to try a crawler, but didn't want to dump a bunch of cash on a upper end unit then figure out I should have stuck with what I knew. As luck would have it, I'm hooked and now the kid is hooked. So in the last month my fleet has gone from zero to a pair of E10's and a CC-01. The E10 is great for beating the hell out of but I wanted something scale for slow crawling and The little Tamiya imo was a cheap way into that realm. I am afraid there is a TF2 in my near future though, and I hope that sooths my addiction for a while
Old 02-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #155

how much abuse have you guys put these thiongs through so far? im looking to buy my first crawler, but i am leaning more in the direction of something that can be a little bit of an all around rc. i was thinking of building one of these into a trail truck with a little extra speed. think it would hold up with a few mods to keep things relatively cheap?
droopdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #156
Rock Crawler

I've thrashed on mine pretty hard, but haven't intentionally tried to destroy it. At this point mine is pretty much stock except for the Axial lockers, 37T motor and 4 wheel steering. I've put around 8 hours on it and nothing broken yet. Read through this entire thread and you'll find out everything you need to know. Lots of good info on here!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

Got some aftermarket driveshafts ordered and some 2.2 rc4wd mud thrashers went ahead and glued the stock lockers we'll see how that holds, project mud truck has begun
aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #158

Run what most of the folks are running in your area. If your isolated or don't care & want a good crawler, non-competion then go w/ the Everest. You can't beat the price. If you want a good all around semi rock crawler & good trail truck look at the Axial Wraith. More $$ but worth it. I have both for 2 different applications.
NorCal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #159

thats basically where i am at right now. the wraith is what i really want, but the price of the everest is very very tempting. theres no one around here that i rc with other than my 6 year old, so its just something to have fun with whenever. my only problem with getting the wraith is that im going to want to probably go the formula off road route, so no matter what, im going to have to upgrade the drivetrain and im probably going to want to go 1/8 scale brushless. if i can find a used wraith somewhere as a roller cheap enough to make it do-able, i think i might go that route, but again, the everest seems like a lot of truck for the money.
droopdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #160

I've been working on a new chassis for my Everest. I'm trying to make it work with a New Bright Jeep body. I still have to make body mounts and some spacers for the shocks, and add more chassis bracing, as well as sand and polish everything. I think it will turn out okay once finished.

BMoreScale is offline   Reply With Quote

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new redcat everest-10 crawler? terrywolfpack Redcat Crawlers 83 06-29-2016 01:41 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM
deeper offset rims!!!! minicrawlerguy530 Tires and Wheels 22 10-15-2014 06:55 PM