Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super stock E10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Super stock E10

About a year ago I got my first crawler. It was an E10. It has now evolved into a 1.9 scale rig.. I ended up with a 1.5 tf2 as well. Problem with these is that they become a little less capable and more delicate. I found out tower hobbies now stocks them and had free shipping and a 20 dollar off for purchases 149 and above. So I got another E10, axial lockers and the axle hubs for a total of 134 on my doorstep. It also came with the good esc. This thread will serve as a trial to what this rig can do and how cheap I plan on doing it. Pics to come!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
LamChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Super stock E10

Price so far:
HD diffs and purchase of rig- $134
Axial aluminum wheel hexes $6
Redcat aluminum c hubs $16
Rc4wd comp tires $60

Total $216

Way cheaper than anything else you will get and these things I replaced were the things that have broke over the progression of my other one.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

First trial run a success. Over am hour of crawling in the creek and no failures! My only wishes is a tighter turning radius and my tires not to fill with water, but it litterally went everywhere I wanted.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Had some down time this afternoon so I made some lights. These were given to me and also don't affect performance so not included in the cost lol

Old 10-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Two more test runs a success. With the comp tires really wrinkle up they load down the motor to the point it won't turn. This is good amd bad. This shows me the limits without anything breaking. A stronger motor would star snapping shafts. If I stayed in it I'd smoke the motor. So good and bad. It's capabilities are excellent though. It comes with four preload spacers for the shocks. I moved all four to the rear first thing after I got it but I found the chassis will twist and the rear will drive towards one side or another in stead of pushing up the rocks. I got 2 more of the spacers from my first e10 and added them in. So I'm at 3 on each rear shock. It will lift the other side tire without too much chassis twist now. This helps force it forwards and it really made a difference. The only thing I want now is more weight over the front axle. It has the grip to climb more but lifts the front end.

This afternoon after suspension tuning

Old 11-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I ordered one earlier today, from Tower, probably using the same club coupon. Gonna wait til Christmas to open it. In the meantime, I'll use my Tower e-cash to get a different body for it, because that stock body is quite unattractive. Hahaha... I've got some ideas jotted down, already, for what I plan to do with it. I was actually considering an SMT10 Grave Digger, but was turned off by the high cost, as well as Axial's denial of Tower's discount. Chose this instead! Can't wait!
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I ordered one earlier today, from Tower, probably using the same club coupon. Gonna wait til Christmas to open it. In the meantime, I'll use my Tower e-cash to get a different body for it, because that stock body is quite unattractive. Hahaha... I've got some ideas jotted down, already, for what I plan to do with it. I was actually considering an SMT10 Grave Digger, but was turned off by the high cost, as well as Axial's denial of Tower's discount. Chose this instead! Can't wait!
I think my body turned out the best I've seen. Still not great looking but I can deal with it. The lights help.

I still haven't had a failure either. Factory motor is starting to make some noise. I could have burnt it up by now but I've been being easy on it. The servo is getting tired too. It made a half mile creek run the other day tho

Old 12-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Really good thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 07:09 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

how do you like those tires? Are you running foams? also will they work on the stock E10 beadlocks?
MikeTheDiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDiabetic View Post
how do you like those tires? Are you running foams? also will they work on the stock E10 beadlocks?
The tires make it. I actually switched to the factory tires and it was way less capable. The tires have the rc4wd foams in them. I had them on the e10 wheels on a different rig for a bit.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I keep teetering on whether to keep or sell my unopened Everest 10. I bought it because I thought it might be fun to have a more crawler-focused truck, as I already have a few SCX10's and a Wraith, but I'm wondering if the experience will be worth the expense. From what I've read, with just a few upgrades and/or mods, it can handle pretty well. I'm guess I'm surveying to determine if it's a mostly enjoyable truck, overall.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I keep teetering on whether to keep or sell my unopened Everest 10. I bought it because I thought it might be fun to have a more crawler-focused truck, as I already have a few SCX10's and a Wraith, but I'm wondering if the experience will be worth the expense. From what I've read, with just a few upgrades and/or mods, it can handle pretty well. I'm guess I'm surveying to determine if it's a mostly enjoyable truck, overall.
The biggest thing I have found is that with my tf2 and a scx10 they are very scale, which I love, but that makes them less capable. My e10 with what I have done pretty much will go anywhere I want it. I'm also not scared of breaking it. It has gone tumbling down so large ledges and I laugh. I'd shit a brick of it were my tf2.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamChop View Post
The biggest thing I have found is that with my tf2 and a scx10 they are very scale, which I love, but that makes them less capable. My e10 with what I have done pretty much will go anywhere I want it. I'm also not scared of breaking it. It has gone tumbling down so large ledges and I laugh. I'd shit a brick of it were my tf2.

That's sort of the thinking I had in getting the E10. My SCX10's have gone up some amazing trails, but there have been some trails where only a crawler would have succeeded, because the terrain was too technical. Now, I have plans to make my Wraith more capable for such trails, but it's still a completely different platform, with different capabilities (and in-capabilities). I suppose it's all about fun, when it's all said and done.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's sort of the thinking I had in getting the E10. My SCX10's have gone up some amazing trails, but there have been some trails where only a crawler would have succeeded, because the terrain was too technical. Now, I have plans to make my Wraith more capable for such trails, but it's still a completely different platform, with different capabilities (and in-capabilities). I suppose it's all about fun, when it's all said and done.
Exactly. The only things I would like to change on the e10 would be to increase the steering angle and add some more weight to the front. I'm looking at adding the cost of the whole rig to the front axle doing that though. So I'll go till she blows! I am yet to have anything fail.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamChop View Post
Exactly. The only things I would like to change on the e10 would be to increase the steering angle and add some more weight to the front. I'm looking at adding the cost of the whole rig to the front axle doing that though. So I'll go till she blows! I am yet to have anything fail.

The steering angle is definitely awful with the E10. But that being said i just ordered the parts to make it rear wheel steer as well and it came to about $30. Besides the tube chassis i put on mine, its bone stock and i love it. VERY capable for the money. This truck can definitely take a beating and keep on going.
Back to the tires for a second. It looks like the stock E10 rims are a bit wide for those tires, unless its just a weird camera angle. Seems like i will have to section and narrow the stock beadlocks to really gt them to fit.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

They def are a bit wide. I never really noticed any downfalls to it however now that they are on skinnier wheels they do bite different.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

The wheels were really cheap though

http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax08142

Old 12-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I've got some old Pro-Line Hammer 2.2's given to me by a buddy that I was planning on using, along with some new C.I. Double Deuce foams. I was going to mount them on some weighted PL Titus 2.2 beadlocks.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the pictures. looks like they bulge a little in the center. im sure they are still better than stock tires though.

Super stock E10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free e10 avanord Redcat Crawlers 18 12-13-2016 09:59 AM
Basher E10 hillbillyrc Redcat Crawlers 17 12-06-2016 06:56 AM
e10 Greger Non Crawler RC's 3 04-14-2013 03:20 PM
KBrog's E10 KBrog Non Crawler RC's 57 07-25-2010 06:34 PM