Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What did you do with your Redcat this weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do with your Redcat this weekend?

Few more things went on the AXE.
Treal Diff Cover for the front diff and moved KYX diff cover to the rear, replacing the stocker there.
Treal LMT 25t Servo Saver locked down so no real saver option, to drop the horn/link mount down a bit from the servo.
Replaced the stock drag link with SSD S bend drag link for the Trail King/SCX10.2
Waiting for offset rod ends so I can swap the stock steering crosslink with the SSD, from the same package as the S bend link, then it will go on.
This got rid of pretty much all the bump steer that was there, except a very small amount yet at full compression of the front left shock.
I added a bit of a bend to the stock crosslink ends to make a bit more clearance for the diff case, but of course, that can add too much toe in so it needed a bit of an adjustment 1 1/2 a turns or so. But I got just enough to keep clearance at the pumpkin and maintain good toe up front until the offset ends arrive for the SSD Ti crosslink.
Steering is way better now.

Reefs RC Gen8 Front Bumper/Servo Winch mount was ordered and installed so I could mount this PRCW Super SOW servo winch I have here that has sat idle with this unknown Anchor (if you know what it is post up).
Wired to channel 4 on the fly sky which is the 3way switch. Works GR8

Also moved the rear bumper in 1 1/2 holes by drilling new holes in the posts and was able to tuck the bumper a fair bit. Hitch still hangs out a bit. a full two holes moved it in a bit too much for my aesthetic anal retentiveness. lol
Will make some sort of mod so I can hang the Pinal Hitch on the rig, but remain out of the way and yet be handy/visible/usable when needed. (maybe never)

Ordered a few final parts that should pretty much finish it off except for 3d prints I wast to get to.
Treal Portal covers for the Rear portal to add some rear weight biasing. Pretty front heavy atm.
Black Aluminum cover for the Front portals.
Long Bent Rod ends for the SSD Steering crosslink.
a set of shocks that are 7075 shock bodies (threaded) and 6061 remaining parts that are sold as 112mm specifically for the Gen8 Cats on Amazon.
Anyone see or try these shocks? Stock pic for reference. Have a stock shaft that is bent. I could have bought a set of 4 stockers on the bay for 25.00, but thought these not only looked better, but should preform a bit better than the stockers.

Once these things arrive and I get them installed and setup, the only thing I may add besides the 3d printed items Is a motor to the motor bay with a hood mod is a rear bumper with tire mount and a Gen 8 Specific Front bumper that has the dual led holes on each side.
So long as the axle housing hold out as they are the originals I should be nearly done once the tires get here for these rims I have so have tire options as this will be more of my scale trail rig that will do some rocking, but mostly trailing so figured a change of wheels will be good. Still need to get different foams for the stock wheels. Think I may try the hair donuts in large for them as they'll be my normal trail wheel where they'll get wet no doubt.
Kind of the look I was going for, but may head a different route, but this is a nice looking 1:1

Last edited by Timmahh; 08-23-2021 at 03:03 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do with your Redcat this weekend?

Got my m3 rod ends on Saturday so I installed the SSD Steering link and created more room in front of the pumpkin and can get full steering to both sides now.

Readjusted my light wiring a bit to move it.

Also took some time today and put up a video, part 1 and part 2 because my modem went offline for a bit, discussing the axle shit that the G8s have, and steering bump, and what can be done to eliminate as much as possible the bump steer.

pt 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJw7AfBSPs

pt 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXoZ-hMvceE
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do with your Redcat this weekend? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lets starts dfw crawl club weekend meets every weekend twistedcralerpleasur Texas 0 06-07-2011 09:18 PM
lets starts dfw crawl club weekend meets every weekend twistedcralerpleasur Texas 7 06-04-2011 12:03 AM
Colorado gtg/ comp this weekend and next weekend Skippy Colorado 1 08-14-2006 11:50 PM