Thread: RC Truck Warz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #21
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: RC Truck Warz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Silly, Purple McDonald's character...

What!, he's the meanest, he's the prettiest, he's the baddest mofo goes down around this town... he's Sho'nuff!
The Shogun of Harlem!
Now bow down to your master and
kiss my Converse!

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
In my opinion...your idea stinks. Silly, Purple McDonald's character...
Thanks for checking it out.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post

I'm not looking to make it all-out easy, so a stock RTR could beat a well-prepared comp rig. On the obstacle course, the good driver with the matching good skills will smoke an inexperienced guy driving an RTR. That said, the guy gets 100 points for first even if he won by 10 minutes. The other guy gets, say, 91 points for finishing 10th. The next Stage might be the tire change. For the most part, the rig is now 100% out of the equation. This Stage is somewhat of an equalizer.

Does it guarantee the new guy will win? Not at all, but he can see a lot better that he technically stands a chance.
I'm trying to respond without seeming like I'm attacking you. The above yellow highlighted part is what frustrates me and is where the pussification thing comes from. There are some things that shouldn't be handed to people and people need to earn. Winning competitions is one of them.....

So that is my take on things, I'll leave you alone to see what your other input is like.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
I'm trying to respond without seeming like I'm attacking you. The above yellow highlighted part is what frustrates me and is where the pussification thing comes from. There are some things that shouldn't be handed to people and people need to earn. Winning competitions is one of them.....

So that is my take on things, I'll leave you alone to see what your other input is like.
I appreciate your input and didn't think you were attacking me at all. My comments before were in regard to personal attacks on me that the poster or a moderator removed.

I see what you're saying and just have a different view on things.

For what it's worth, when I've seen the tire change (people are getting hung up on that example) and the vehicle roll over, people competing loved it. There was strategy used and more than anything it was a riot to watch.

The rules or guidelines allow a lot of flexibility in terms of variety of Stages used and in how long the event will be.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

We are doing something (I say lightly) close to this concept in Vegas this winter.
We took all the Big named 1:1 offroad comps and tie them together in one series. So one weekend your racing KOH, next month your straddling cones at WeRock, team event, TCC, ect ect. Everything is under the same basic rules - kept as short as possible.
All we wanted todo was change things up a bit, cone dodging is fun but has its limits.

Check it out.
Best in the SandBox
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
We are doing something (I say lightly) close to this concept in Vegas this winter.
We took all the Big named 1:1 offroad comps and tie them together in one series. So one weekend your racing KOH, next month your straddling cones at WeRock, team event, TCC, ect ect. Everything is under the same basic rules - kept as short as possible.
All we wanted todo was change things up a bit, cone dodging is fun but has its limits.

Check it out.
Best in the SandBox
Very cool. Checked out the site. Looks well thought out. Makes me wish I could attend

Last edited by MattH; 09-16-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I can really dig a G2G like this!!
schmaged88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post

maybe if you look at it in a another view, example. look at formula racing and nascar and many other racing events, their pit teams have to be super super fast at changing tires and what not so that car can get back on the road again as soon as possible. theres no pussification in that. that actually takes talent or even possible a new gizmo or quick disconect someone could end up making. food for thought
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
In my opinion...your idea stinks. Silly, Purple McDonald's character...
Yep...still trolling...
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
Scale Detail Engineering

silly little doggie
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Truck Warz - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
old comp truck turned scale truck (the rebuild!) Metal Masher 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 01-02-2013 01:23 AM
LOOKIE HERE!!! (Good inexpensive 2.2 parts truck or basher truck...) STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Chit Chat 0 08-24-2007 12:44 PM