Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Scale parts

Notices

Thread: New Quicksand 8274 Winches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Quicksand 8274 Winches

Neil, when you get a chance can you PM me where I'm at on the list? NO rush at all, just kinda curious.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #202
RCC Addict

I'm cool with the sticker on the box Neil if like to have 4 of em pp ready.. I'd also love to have some scale ones as well so if you could make that happen I'd buy several.. Thanks Neil and keep up the great work
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Are these still going? I emailed about the list, where I'm at....anything would help.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #204
RCC Addict

Sent neil a p.m. about my burnt up winch and have heard nothing back? That was a few weeks ago hope all is well....p
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #205
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Sent neil a p.m. about my burnt up winch and have heard nothing back? That was a few weeks ago hope all is well....p
Seen the vid of you pulling your camry, did u burn your winch up from that? Insane
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #206
RCC Addict

yep the old camry is what burned her up....
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Could someone post a link of the vid of the camry please.....cant seem to find anything..
jetdog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Kinda sad about this, no contact so far. Hope nothing bad has happened with Neil - can anyone confirm?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #209
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Sad about what? he's probably busy, or I'm sure theres a reason...i waited 4 years for mine(long story...but it had nothing to do with Neil). Neil is a good guy, and he wouldn't burn anyone, and yes i hope everything is alright.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #210
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
if you burned it up...shouldnt it be pretty easy to swap out a motor?i doubt theres a warranty that would cover that. i think if you can find a hitec servo with a burnt card you could use that.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
Sad about what?
I mean ... if you really had to guess given the context of that post, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngversion
he's probably busy, or I'm sure theres a reason...i waited 4 years for mine(long story...but it had nothing to do with Neil). Neil is a good guy, and he wouldn't burn anyone, and yes i hope everything is alright.
Oh I'm sure! if I wasn't clear before I was posting to see if anyone had heard anything out of him, not to be a jerk or anything. I'm sure he's busy dude.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #212
RCC Addict

I already fixed my winch that i burned up i am pretty sure there is no warranty on these winches i just had some questions for neil...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #213
Rock Stacker

Hi all.... very sorry for not being around in a while.... had some technical difficulties and a few things landed on the back burner. All is good here though, ...or at least par for the course.

I'm really bummed your winch burned up FRENCHBLUE.... and only pulling a camry.... that really sucks!!

Seriously.... I feel bad. Not necessarily that a limitation on the winches ability was realized, but that you burned up a pricey little motor and had to fix your winch already.

Hhmmm... I haven't read any PMs yet...maybe before I go any further, I should take a look.

I'll be back.
QUICKSAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #214
Rock Stacker

Well... sorry I'm too late to be of any help FRENCHBLUE... but I finally replied to your PM. I hope you didn't have any trouble getting your winch fixed, and if you have any questions still... let me know. I promise you'll get an answer in a more timely fashion.
And thanks for posting up the clips.... sorry the one had such a high production cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Neil, when you get a chance can you PM me where I'm at on the list? NO rush at all, just kinda curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rc View Post
Are these still going? I emailed about the list, where I'm at....anything would help.
PM's sent guys... sorry for delay.

I think I've gotten to everyone's emails and PM's.... but if I missed anything, let me know.

Well I do have a little good news... got 120 new housings ( the main bearing support piece ) run off over the last few days. So the only part left to make, is the motor cover, which I should be able to run next week. This will give me enough parts to build winches for all orders to date. It'll still take me a while to get them all assembled, but progress will be much easier.

If any of you are still interested in stickers... I sounds like I'll just run off some more like I use on the box. So those interested, give me an idea of how many you may want, and I'll get them done. I honestly forgot to check... but I know cost will be less than 50 cents each.
And is the size okay for now? It's sized for the box, but could be changed.... I'll still have to get in touch with someone else for scale stickers.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #215
DRN
Pebble Pounder

Anyone know the approx wait time for a new order? Havent placed one yet but was considering it. Thanks!
DRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #216
Rock Stacker

It shouldn't be as long as it has been.... I will finally have a pretty good stock of parts. I still hesitate to say because I always misjudge it, but someone getting on the list now should expect 2-3 months for sure.... maybe.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #217
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN View Post
Anyone know the approx wait time for a new order? Havent placed one yet but was considering it. Thanks!
These winches are totally worth the wait

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #218
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
These winches are totally worth the wait

Rob

Absolutely agree! I have one and they are the best! Can't wait to get my new order.
teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #219
RCC Addict

Hey Neil I'd like about 4 of those stickers that's on the box and if you could make some smaller to fit on a rig and look scale I'd take about 8 or 10 of the small scale ones as well thanks and of you could shoot me a pm with the price total and PP addy thanks and I'm loving the beast and fine craftsman ship I have here the winch is above and beyond any winch ever made. Keep up the killer work and to the guys on the waiting list. TRUST me this winch is very much worth the wait
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
to the guys on the waiting list. TRUST me this winch is very much worth the wait
Oh, I know. I have one of the first run. No rush at all.

Question for Neil, Do you still use Hitech 5955's? I am in need of 2 empty cases if you do. You can PM me.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote