Notices

Thread: practice gtg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
well i only live 7 miles from my office and go home for lunch most days
Hahaha mines in my office at work right now. I am gonna start building it here then take it home and play with it. Don't wanna waste play time with putting it together. Work is for work so gotta put it together at work
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Oh....did I mention I have a 5ftx10ft space of rocks to practice at work?? Sometimes I get bored at work and gotta try out new ideas.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

the body is ready for the last coat of backer paint...i also got the esc's mounted in the chassis and the wires run to the receiver box. i figured out i goofed when assembling the shocks so ill have to take them apart when i get home. tonights looking like its gonna be a solder-fest at my place. i was trying to decide how to hook the battery up to both esc's since they use pre installed wires. i think im gonna run both wires from both esc's to one deans plug to match up with the battery. the only other way would be to cut one set of leads from one esc short and splice them into the wires from the second esc and then run one set to a deans. that just seems like a lot of extra work and unnecessary cutting to accomplish the same thing.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

ya thats the easiest way to do it, but i have seen it both ways. Cross your fingers and don't break it before saturday.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

im thinkin my two spare sets of gears should be here friday so we might have a little more confidence to beat on them if ive got spares!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Oh....did I mention I have a 5ftx10ft space of rocks to practice at work?? Sometimes I get bored at work and gotta try out new ideas.

can i come work with u lol.. how u get ur bose to let u put rocks there and build ur truck there and stop working and got play with ur truck etc .lol
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
the body is ready for the last coat of backer paint...i also got the esc's mounted in the chassis and the wires run to the receiver box. i figured out i goofed when assembling the shocks so ill have to take them apart when i get home. tonights looking like its gonna be a solder-fest at my place. i was trying to decide how to hook the battery up to both esc's since they use pre installed wires. i think im gonna run both wires from both esc's to one deans plug to match up with the battery. the only other way would be to cut one set of leads from one esc short and splice them into the wires from the second esc and then run one set to a deans. that just seems like a lot of extra work and unnecessary cutting to accomplish the same thing.

lets see some pics
Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
can i come work with u lol.. how u get ur bose to let u put rocks there and build ur truck there and stop working and got play with ur truck etc .lol
Because my boss doesn't come around much and I get my work done so it works out for me...but the rocks.. my boss was like what is that for? But he didn't care but if the VP ever stops by and sees them he might think different but I see him less than my boss so I am crawling till then
Old 09-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Because my boss doesn't come around much and I get my work done so it works out for me...but the rocks.. my boss was like what is that for? But he didn't care but if the VP ever stops by and sees them he might think different but I see him less than my boss so I am crawling till then

hey that works need some help up there
Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Well I guess I'll tear my berg down and put my new super 300 3rd gears in since everybody else is building and rebuilding.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Well, ordered my chassis today! Kinda glad to see the SC section heatin up a lil bit. I think this next year will be fun with all these sick crawlers around.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
im thinkin my two spare sets of gears should be here friday so we might have a little more confidence to beat on them if ive got spares!
Ya I ordered an extra set too but mine won't be here this week.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

im bringing the moonbuggy shafty and probably my scaler. anyone else going to have a scaler out there?
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

ill get some pics of it tomorrow in the sunlight...i cant wait to get the 4pk tomorrow. im busy setting up the suspension. i dont like the way the "factory" settings set it up so im gonna move some things around a bit
Old 09-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i dont like the way the "factory" settings set it up so im gonna move some things around a bit
I hear ya I am not gonna have a whole lot of time to make all the changes I want by Saturday, but I can't wait to start making them.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Is yours set up where the skid is sloping down towards the rear? If not, how do you have it set up...I've tried several things and I can get it level, but I was hoping for a little bit of an upslope towards the rear. I guess I'll have to get busy making some links...delrin store here I come!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Pictures:

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

umm..I don't like it. Just playing freeekin awesome! Should have know it was chameleon with all those layers your were talking about. Can't wait to see it in person. Mine is going to be boring
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

this may be one of those things where they made "adjustments" just to get the shot they wanted...but im wondering how they got the body on the one in the advertisements to sit so low...my front body post is all the way down and if you rotate the shock towers all the way up it will interfere with the body and prevent it from going any lower. i think mine is fine where ive got it and it will actually be a little lower after i actually put holes in it to sit it down on the body posts. i did convert the rear body posts to the single version like the front the way that Harley did his
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Ya probably no chassis in that advertisement just wheels and body. I am putting mine together tomorrow but I have so many ideas its crazy so we will see. CAN"T WAIT TO CRAWL IT