Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: practice gtg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default practice gtg

we talked about goin upstate and checking some places out up there.. and hold a practie comp/gtg for the people that have never been to a comp to learn how they work and how to score etc...

what we need is a date any idea's post up
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

This weekend coming up is labor day weekend, so people might have plans. I would say the weekend of Sept 11th and 12th. Where are you guys thinking of getting together?
66bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i know itll probably be harder for some people, but i thought id throw it out here that id prefer to go on sundays since i occasionally work on saturday evenings/nights. the biggest issue is that i dont know i have to work until just 3-4 days before. if saturdays are the best option lets try to make the meetings happen as early as possible and that i could get a few hours in before having cut loose
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
RCC Addict

sundays seem to be hard for most people to get away.. i dont have any plains for this weekend but the 11 is good for me aswell.. anyone else have ideas.. or is the the 4 or the 11 good for everyone.. lets try to get this stratend out so everyone that wants to come and try to plain it..
Old 08-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Probably gonna be a few weeks before I can get something up and running. I dont have the money to drop on a 3ch radio and a HT servo all at once. Babysteps. Haha.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPINKING View Post
Probably gonna be a few weeks before I can get something up and running. I dont have the money to drop on a 3ch radio and a HT servo all at once. Babysteps. Haha.

thats fine i got a whole truck to build lol.. it really jsut a meeting to get everyone use to how a comp works and to learn how to score for the people that have not been to a comp or done any scoreing... plus to see what upstate has to offer..
Old 08-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

seeing as its a little more work to get everyone to travel that far i think it might make sense to wait til more of us have rigs, maybe im biased
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I would have to say i agree with Itty. I would either prefer to go on sundays or meet super early on Sat. especially if we wanna maybe make a upstate trip. I normally dont do anything on sundays any ways. Lots of Saturdays the wife has me booked with her and the baby. But I'm not saying no to Saturdays it just pretty much has to be super early. This past Saturday i got lucky and She already had plans so i could be out the entire day. Whatever the majority goes with is fine with me though.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Early is better for me on Saturdays or Sundays. I just need ample time to build up brownie points, LOL!
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Where are you guys wanting to do this in the upstate?
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

someone at the meeting said something about a Man made course built for 1:1 rigs In Spartanburg. Is this place somewhere we could consider. Its had my curiosity hubbed out since I heard about it.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

just saw this. could be what he was talking about
http://www.renegades.us/trailreports...606/index.html
Old 08-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
seeing as its a little more work to get everyone to travel that far i think it might make sense to wait til more of us have rigs, maybe im biased
I agree. Seems like only a handful of guys actually have comp rigs that are ready to go.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
RCC Addict

when we start holding comp it will deffantly start early, but it will still be a all day event more than likely.. every comp ive been to has been a all day thing.. we can try sudays.. the only prob with that is the people that have to travel a few hours to get there.. being there all day and have a few hr to get home and have to get up early monday to go to work is the probl. with sundays.. thats one reason we held our meeting on sat. there where a few people that said something about this in the meeting thread...

id be interested in checking out the 1:1 home made corse aswell.. that got my intrest to lol.. if some one nose them or been there want to talk to them do so if u dont mind.. if not if someone got the number send it to me ill call them and talk to the owner..

the places that anyone nose of that could be comp spots someone needs to try and talk to the person or groups that owns the land to make sure it will be ok to hold comps there.. i no its easyer to ask for forgiveness.. but i would not like it if we had people travel from other states to compete with us and we all get kicked off the land.. it will look bad on our(club) part to.. could make it where no one wants to give us a chance again.. anyone can send me a name and number i can do alll the talking for this..

Last edited by lowridinjuggalo; 08-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Well SCE&G owns the rocks at the river. Dont have a clue where to start with them. Maybe just clearing it with DNR or something would be a start.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

The guy that owns the course is named Tom. He also owns Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg. His number is 1-866-742-3848. Email is carodrive@bellsouth.net. We have had a sportsman comp there, wow it is a very cool place. Lots of parking.
66bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bronco View Post
The guy that owns the course is named Tom. He also owns Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg. His number is 1-866-742-3848. Email is carodrive@bellsouth.net. We have had a sportsman comp there, wow it is a very cool place. Lots of parking.

and this is the home made 1:1 place
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i compete with the NC guys but live just south of the border in SC. we hold our comps on saturdays. tech starts at 9 and we start running courses at 10. 3 courses with a group on each course determined the night before by group and running order in each group. we are usually done by 1 or 2 including finals. we have a sportsman comp on the 25th at rhodhiss dam near hickory if any of you would like to come compete or just get pointers on how our comps are ran. we would love to see some of you out there. our comps run very smooth and are alot of fun to attend. i look forward to making trips south to run with you all as well once everything is in place and started.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
and this is the home made 1:1 place
that is the man made course. it is an awesome spot. lots of traction and different lines to run.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

yeh. I should have clarified what I meant. When it comes to comps I agree it will more than likely have to be held on Saturdays. Most people that would come will have there weekend planned around the Comps. I meant while we are in the planning stages and we are just "scouting" the locations I'm more available on Sundays.