Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit
Loading

Notices

Thread: SSD Trail King K10

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2022, 11:12 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2022, 11:21 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10




Tried with a battery in it. As mock up it would require lots a trimming. Clears drive shaft by at least 3mm was a problem i did not think about when the curios idea hit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:11 AM   #23
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NorCal
Posts: 536
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

What you could do is move the battery tray forward (front half will be resting on the transfer case). The back holes of the tray will be mounted in the front holes.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:14 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
What you could do is move the battery tray forward (front half will be resting on the transfer case). The back holes of the tray will be mounted in the front holes.

Great idea! I will try it tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 04:24 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper
 
rob5059's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Strafford, NH
Posts: 432
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Depending on the size of your battery, you could Velcro it to the slider.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob5059 View Post
Depending on the size of your battery, you could Velcro it to the slider.

I have the velcro already in place. On the slider opposite of the electronics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
What you could do is move the battery tray forward (front half will be resting on the transfer case). The back holes of the tray will be mounted in the front holes.

Tried your idea. Would still require alot of body and cage trimming.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:09 PM   #28
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NorCal
Posts: 536
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
Tried your idea. Would still require alot of body and cage trimming.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next step is try modifying the tray itself. Either cut off some of the walls of the tray, or move it more forward as much as you can and drill new holes in the tray to mount it.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Next step is try modifying the tray itself. Either cut off some of the walls of the tray, or move it more forward as much as you can and drill new holes in the tray to mount it.

I just used velcro to hold down the battery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:51 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Well the weather prevented me from spray painting the body. Too much wind and rain at once.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:37 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10




So Tires are on order should be here in the next 3 weeks. Felt only right get similar to stock size Swampers liked the looks of them on the truck.

GCM Racing 1.9 Ranger Beadlocks. These where a limited run.

And lastly the old rear cage mount is at a friends getting a 3D printed verison made with some other tweaks. As i do not have a pc that can handle that type of work, nor a 3d printer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:56 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

The 3d prototype part.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:58 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Got some Chippy Choppy to do to the frame which was previously mentioned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:42 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Caldwell ID.
Posts: 4,266
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Looks to me like the body needs to comeback on the chassis about 1/2" or so. I would line the peak of the wheel arches with the center of the tire personally...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:50 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Looks to me like the body needs to comeback on the chassis about 1/2" or so. I would line the peak of the wheel arches with the center of the tire personally...

That picture was taken at a angle. I did note the same thing. Here is with the tire on at full stuff. At a more of a straight picture. I think it is pretty centered. If anything i could just trim the body or deal with a little tire rub.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 01:03 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Blaine
Posts: 465
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

I have a couple questions if you don't mind helping me out with the answers.

1: How accurate is the shape of this vaterra body to a 1:1 square body?
2: Could you take a shot straight on from the back to show how to cage lines up relative to the body lines?

I've been looking for a pre-built cage that'll fit in the back of an RC4WD Blazer. I know the RC4WD and the Vaterra are modeled after different years but Vaterra cage looks like it's about the shape I'm looking for. I might be able to make it fit if it's close enough.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:23 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Caldwell ID.
Posts: 4,266
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
That picture was taken at a angle. I did note the same thing. Here is with the tire on at full stuff. At a more of a straight picture. I think it is pretty centered. If anything i could just trim the body or deal with a little tire rub.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221018/b3e4695c97a2a72c8df8a26a75365166.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still think the body needs to come back a bit...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:35 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc-93 View Post
I have a couple questions if you don't mind helping me out with the answers.

1: How accurate is the shape of this vaterra body to a 1:1 square body?
2: Could you take a shot straight on from the back to show how to cage lines up relative to the body lines?

I've been looking for a pre-built cage that'll fit in the back of an RC4WD Blazer. I know the RC4WD and the Vaterra are modeled after different years but Vaterra cage looks like it's about the shape I'm looking for. I might be able to make it fit if it's close enough.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

When i get the truck body back i will attempt to awnser your questions.
I never been compared a 1:1 to a 1/10 scale. Not sure what dimensions you need?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:30 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Blaine
Posts: 465
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
When i get the truck body back i will attempt to awnser your questions.
I never been compared a 1:1 to a 1/10 scale. Not sure what dimensions you need?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no specific dimensions, other than maybe width.

The RC4WD Blazer is decently close to 1/10 in height, length and WB, but had been widened to fit the chassis. Is the Vaterra the same way?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:17 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 461
Default Re: SSD Trail King K10

All the super swampers arrived! Great way to end a stressful day at work.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



SSD Trail King K10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD Trail King - Trail Run - 06-13-2021 soze Scale Videos! 0 11-02-2021 06:34 PM
SSD Trail King - Trail Run - 1/10/2021 soze Scale Videos! 1 09-20-2021 07:43 PM
My Take on the SSD Trail King neilus SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit 48 03-24-2020 04:09 PM
SSD Trail King is now $369.99! SSD New Products and Great Deals 0 10-04-2019 04:13 PM
SSD Trail King Toothless9 General Crawlers 2 09-03-2019 06:57 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com