Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: DLUX super build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #561
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: DLUX super build

I usually do anything in the low 20's. I will set the gear box flat on the table and then shoot for 30-35* and set it where ever it lands. After that, I clock the gear box up about 10*.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #562
RCC Addict

Great job out at Cedar City. Wish I could have been there.

Have you had any issues with your 6ex giving wierd input to any of your rigs. It's feeling like my potentiometers are going out on at least one of my sticks.

Rear stalls out. Front way out of control. All sorts of crazy stuff.

you have any similar issues? what did you do to fix?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #563
Pebble Pounder

awesome rig erik. i almost forgot about supers. you build makes me want to start one.
jason1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #564
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Great job out at Cedar City. Wish I could have been there.

Have you had any issues with your 6ex giving wierd input to any of your rigs. It's feeling like my potentiometers are going out on at least one of my sticks.

Rear stalls out. Front way out of control. All sorts of crazy stuff.

you have any similar issues? what did you do to fix?
Supers were crazy fun out at CC. The lines were incredible and we had a full 8 courses that were all really well set up.

Never felt that issue. I assume its happening with all your cars and not just the super? If its just the super, I would assume its not the radio.

I have a junk radio sitting around I believe since I have gone through 2 of them now. If you need a part, let me know. I find it easier to just get a used one though. I can usually find the radio for about $60 if I look hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
awesome rig erik. i almost forgot about supers. you build makes me want to start one.
Thanks! Supers are a whole different car these days and I think they are finally coming into their own.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #565
RCC Addict

Actually i havent seen what it'll do on my auper these are all issues im having with my 2.2. Ill try the super today and see whats going on there. If its the same its the tx if not looks like i need to pull apart my 2.2 to figure out whats goin on.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #566

Sick wheels!! Love seeing what new concepts you come up with.
MacCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #567
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I have been working this line for as long as I have had my super (3-4yrs?). I finally nailed it this last weekend!

https://youtu.be/anbk7N9Cx10

Old 12-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #568
I wanna be Dave

Nice driving Erik, makes me want to go crawling.

Last edited by tapped-out; 12-21-2015 at 12:37 PM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #569
RCC Addict

Just the kind of spot, which makes supers the ultimate class to run. You'de have to know the route for all four tires and little things count. Just epic.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #570
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Last video for the day. Just a couple more really hard lines this last weekend. The last clip is something I have been trying to get on video for a long time. Hard to tell but probably total vertical climb of 30-35 feet!

https://youtu.be/Gm_3kaFwNLA

Old 12-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #571
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech View Post
Just the kind of spot, which makes supers the ultimate class to run. You'de have to know the route for all four tires and little things count. Just epic.
Wendover is the equivalent to Disney land for supers. There is so much drive able rock and its all very, very technical.

I wish I had the money to buy the land. Most of it is privately owned. It would make a great spot to build a house too. It would be my dream to have this all in my back yard. Not only for crawling but the scenery is jaw dropping too.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #572
RCC Addict

Soo nice!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #573
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Gone under the knife...

I have to admit, its really hard to give up a set of axles that have worked so well for me.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2016, 10:04 AM   #574
Quarry Creeper

So what's up next on the list of Super Axles some 1/8 Exceed Mad Torques with plastic gears
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #575
Wanna get? Gotta want.

You got the cheaper part right but not the plastic part. LOL
Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #576
Wanna get? Gotta want.

What has been going on with my super? Its been out there stomping lines!

Now that the cat is out of the bag with the FBA Wraith shafts, I can show you guys what I have been up to.

I have a batch of CNC delrin tubes that compliment the missing link locker and 2 long side Wraith shafts. You can use Axial shafts or my FBA shafts.

I have a ton of Axial Wraith long sides so I will be hooking people up as cheap as possible. Add in cheap axle shafts with cheap tubes and this will really drive the cost of super axles down!

If I remember right, this narrowed me up approx .625". I was a bit concerned at first but after driving it, I like being a hair narrower. So much that I may put on some of my narrow knuckles and give myself the option to be another 1/4" narrower.

Here are my new tubes and shafts compared to the old setup. The old setup was solid. It will be missed.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 05-11-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #577
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Since I was having some aluminum parts made, I decided to throw in a couple upper link mounts.

These are available to anybody who wants them. They will not be standard with my axles however. PM me if you want some.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #578
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Everybody has their different reasons for crawling.

One of my reasons is that rush of Dopamine that you get when you conquer a difficult line. That rush of Dopamine with a dash of accomplishment is all I really need to make my day.

I have been struggling with this line ever since I built my super 4 yrs ago. I finally nailed it two weekends ago!

https://youtu.be/SUk2N7gZ1-w

Old 07-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #579
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Its creeping up on 5yrs now since I released the Dlux wheels that pretty much every single wheel on the market is based on these days.

When I made those wheels, some people had not moved on to knuckle weights and still liked to run weight in their wheels. For that reason, I made up some 1/2" stainless slugs to run with those wheels. Needless to say, they did not sell well at all and I had been sitting on the slugs for those 5yrs. These slugs worked great for the super knuckle weights BUT, now the slugs have finally all sold so I needed to come up with something else.

I made up some new weight holders for supers. They use the 3/8" tungsten slugs. IMO, these are the ideal setup. They put all the weight where you want it, no real exceptions about that. Only problem is that the slugs cost about $90 for just the front weight holders. Thats a pretty tough one to swallow!

So, moving forward I will be making the weight holders for tungsten slugs but I think I will also go back to looking at making them for bolts for a cheaper option. It should give a nice choice between cost and the ideal setup.

Take a look at how nice the tungsten turns out though. The weight is all down low and they are really short so it brings a lot of that weight closer to the wheel face and away from the inside of the tire where it could be possible to catch it on rocks.
Attached Images