Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need help with mad torque axles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need help with mad torque axles.

I picked an exceed mt and have shrunken it to be closer to be a budget 1/10 scale crawler. But I need help with narrowing the axles to fit my body better. Maybe something around ar60 width.

How it sits now.

Tires just barely touch the body at full flex.

What I'd like is if they actually had about half the tires tuck into the wheel wells. I think if I could take about 1-1.5" out of the axles it would give me the look I'm going for and be closer to 1/10 scale. I will most likely cut the tubes, but want to save the link mounts, and add a beeftube like setup to be able to clock the axles at the same time.

I need help with the drive shafts. The rear will just be getting lockouts so it shouldn't be to hard. The front is what has me lost. I want to be able to run cvd's if possible but don't know what ones would work. I've searched and read a lot of threads but haven't found any about narrowing these mt axles. Im not looking for an exact fit just some ideas on what might work with minor modifications.

Thanks in advance any help is much appreciated.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Cvd ideas anyone?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need help with mad torque axles.

you might be able to piece something together using STRC parts. i'm making my own axles using the mad torque transmission with wraith knuckles and can buy a set of cvd's and a set of shafts to make 2 long sides instead of having to buy 2 cvd's to save some money.

maybe you can use one of their scx10 cvd's using their wraith shaft which needs to be shortened, and piece something together.

until my axles are done, my new tires and wheels make the stock axles too wide, so i sleeved and shortened the wheel adapters 1/2" too narrow it up a little.

good luck and now that i brainstormed this i need to see if this might work for future builds.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Using two short side tubes and shafts would shorten it up. You would have to fab your own servo mount.
cameron20118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

zero offset wheels and the smallest hub you can get will help some.
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak6 View Post
zero offset wheels and the smallest hub you can get will help some.
I actually just got some new wheels with close to zero offset and it did help a lot.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron20118 View Post
Using two short side tubes and shafts would shorten it up. You would have to fab your own servo mount.
Might be something to look into.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Sorta old post but...

stock is 14" wide. I was able to get it down to 12.5" using stock Max Stone 10 knuckles, axle ends, 12mm Hexes, and wheels/tires. The wheels on the Max Stone 10 have negative offset. With some positive offset wheels like my Axial beadlocks I could get the width down to 11.5". That's about as good as you are going to get unless you modify the axle like Cameron suggested.

My first ever build: 1/6 Scale New Bright Raptor
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoreDX View Post
Sorta old post but...

stock is 14" wide. I was able to get it down to 12.5" using stock Max Stone 10 knuckles, axle ends, 12mm Hexes, and wheels/tires. The wheels on the Max Stone 10 have negative offset. With some positive offset wheels like my Axial beadlocks I could get the width down to 11.5". That's about as good as you are going to get unless you modify the axle like Cameron suggested.

My first ever build: 1/6 Scale New Bright Raptor
I've done all that so now I would need to mod my tubes if I want it any narrower. I have about the same dimensions as a friends deadbolt so I can live with it for now. Don't know how I missed your 1/6 raptor build lookin thru stuff on here but that rig looks pretty sweet.

How it looks next to the deadbolt.

Last edited by Crawlin' Lobster; 08-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Need help with mad torque axles. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clocking MOA Exceed Mad Torque Rock Crawler axles Koldham General Crawlers 10 01-15-2012 06:50 PM
Mad torque macz General Crawlers 6 12-29-2011 07:23 PM