Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya Bruiser

Notices

Thread: She's a proper Bruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: She's a proper Bruiser

I actually got these rims and tyres for another car in a build off competition but as they are just 1mm inside class 1 and I actually quite like em this got them.

Car looks so skinny now lol.
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernerbill View Post
The Bruiseruptor arrived today.

You are going to love the widths you get from the new axles ZippoMan.........Live dimensions below taken from outside edge of the hex's.

Bruiser F 192mm R 210mm
Ruptor F 180mm R 180mm

Heres the shell just dropped on, ignore any ride height or the likes, this it straight out the box.

Nice! Aleast the Bruiseruptor should be a better performer with its lower center of gravity,
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #63
RCC Addict

So first job was to strip down the pre-built ruptor chassis and grease/threadlock everything.

Thats when I plopped the shell on and found all kinds of anomalies to sort out. The suspension was at max ride height with no intention of dropping no matter what I did to the leafs. I opened the shocks up to find a full length extremely strong spring in them so for now have simply removed and filled with oil. This immediately solved that and it sank. Then I noticed all the shock towers where different heights......they are slotted so adjusted all of those.

Once that was done again it was back to the shell. These are really designed to have big wheels on them and the body mounts like the bruisers stand very tall. So removed them and basically had the shell sat on the chassis at the front and packed even at the back.
It was still too high so had to remove some of the grill thats hidden behind the bumper to allow the shell that extra few mm of drop. The steering servo again had to played with as its tight up against the grill and had to be situated low enough not to push the shell too far forward.

One last strange one is that one of the rear shocks is 90mm whilst the other 3 are 80mm :huh: This is either a mistake or an attempt to iron out torque twist. Now theres no spring in them you can't tell as they just settle mid travel but will keep an eye on it.

Being used to TF2's this was very different but think I've ironed out all the issues and its one sexy looking chassis.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #64
RCC Addict

So tonight I had to crack on with the electrics. The chassis has nothing to mount anything so had to get inventive.

So I just copied best I could how the TF2 is done with the central C shaped plate, only difference being no second servo which meant the RX could live there instead.

Also got the rear body posts fitted. Strange how this chassis was out before the TF2 but the rear body post holes don't line up with the Tamiya Hilux :blink:

And the electrics offered up.

Also fitted the high flex red leafs.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I got some RC4WD parts today!! Woohoo slowly getting enough parts to start.

I received the Brusieruptor rear axle, 2 - U-Blot kits and the Yota shock mount kit. I just need the front axle now!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Should I but the steering links from RC4WD? I want to mount my servo up front and they look like a great fit? Yota Front Steering Links (Black)
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

She's a proper Bruiser - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
She's so wiiide jado6006 EnRoute Berg 2 04-20-2012 11:07 AM
She's all done !! bbking9 Axial XR10 22 12-11-2011 10:22 AM
She's Alive!!! RcBro 2.2 Scale Rigs 20 09-20-2007 04:30 PM
she's on somethind Double J Chit Chat 4 01-12-2007 08:16 PM