Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Tamiya CR01 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #121
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCminded View Post
I like the suspension especially the spring mounts. It locks like it is going to be $300+!! That is nuts!

Hmm I could get a $300-350(land cruiser) that is kinda scale and performs OK or I could spend a little more and get a totally bad ass super scale high-lift or spend a lot less and get a way more capable crawler like the AX-10. I don't mean to just totally bash them but I can't help it, why have a truck that is a little good at lots of stuff when you could buy a truck that does one thing awesome. Think about this: Yeah a crescent wrench will loosen a lot of nuts but when it comes down to it your better off getting a set of regular wrenches! Tamiya is spreading this truck a little thin and based of the price tag they are pretty proud of themselves.

Sorry to rant but Tamiya really pisses me of sometimes.
the diffeance between 250 and 300 bucks is a set of tires. and maybe some body clips. $50 dont get you much these days.

Is there any reason we have 2 different threads in the same forum about the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
i think most of you guys are compairing apples and oranges. the cr-01 and the scorpion are geared twards 2 different crowds. now granted, they could both be configured to either a scale/trail rig or a comp rig... The Scorpion is geared twards comp rigs and the CR-01 is geared twards Scale/Trail rigs. out of the box, they both should preform well for what they were built for.

My main 3 interest points on this truck are the suspension setup and the planetary gear setup of the transmission and the beefier axles. like any rig.. once they come out people will start to beat on em and the weak points will be pointed out and after market mfg's will step up and make this thing a true work horse. I do hope to see the kit that only has the axles and maybe a transmission fo those custom builds!!!! Thats going to be sick!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

dude im so ****in stoked about this thing coming out! ill never have to use AX-10 axles!! i imagine ill have these things piled up like tlt axles right now.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #123
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalenut View Post
I still think tamiya should stop make'n it so you have to run a stick pack
Design a vehicle that doesn't fit the industry standard?

What sense does that make?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

it would make better sense to have it so it excepts both stick and side by side like say traxxas does or the kyosho mad force did.

but im not complaining, being part of this hobby we always adapt or make something work and thats part of the fun.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 AM   #125
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

I see your point, however if you remember correctly the TLT was designed to work with a proprietary battery shape ( see picture ) . I don't care how they configure the battery anyway, it will probably get a custom battery pack.
Attached Images

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper

But the tlt's battery was done that way due to lack of space in the frame not just to make it use a special battery. A design they later remedied with the max climber.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post

Would you want a wife that was a good cook but lousy in bed? Good with kids but a slob around the house?

How do you know my wife?

I think the thing is a little pricey, but I've decided I'll wait to pass judgement until I see one in person.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #128
Quarry Creeper

i feel the same way.. gotta see someone beat the tar out of one before ill spend that much on one...
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #129

Man this thing looks sweet. Hopefully i'll be able to swing the price by the time it comes out though. 300 dollars is alot fo money for an 11th grader to swing when i have to pay for gas and up keep on a car.
RcDrivinFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #130
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR_CIVIC View Post
i feel the same way.. gotta see someone beat the tar out of one before ill spend that much on one...
for sure i wanna see a beat up one. then it will probably solidify my need for one
bionicbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR_CIVIC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbear View Post
for sure i wanna see a beat up one. then it will probably solidify my need for one

Obviously it's going to be a waste of money if you plan to "beat the tar" out of it... Why would you want to destroy something and make it look like crap after dumping $500 into a rig
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #132
Pebble Pounder

to "beat the tar" out of something is not the same as "destroying" it. i define beat the tar as testing something's limits. what's the point of puttin $500 into something if you're not gonna use it. but it's your money...
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #133

look goods! a scaler right of the box ;) and i like the body! i'll try to get one for my axial
p2rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #134
Quarry Creeper

...dont complain about the price TOO much boys...An RTR AX-10 costs 50,000 JPY off the shelf here...Even with the goofy exchange rate that is still 500 USDonuts

EDIT: So weird...There is NOTHING up at Tamiya Japan on either the Japanese OR English pages...North America MUST be first...

Last edited by BitHed; 02-19-2008 at 07:07 AM.
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #135
Rock Crawler

The only thing I don't like about this is that I finally decided to save up for an HPI Baja SS, and now this thing comes along and is most likely going to take money away from my SS fund
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #136
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post
to "beat the tar" out of something is not the same as "destroying" it. i define beat the tar as testing something's limits. what's the point of puttin $500 into something if you're not gonna use it. but it's your money...
i would just put a little over 200 and get an ax 10. That is the best bet I believe dude.
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #137
Quarry Creeper

i just preordered two my self! cant wait for mid april to come! if your interested i can get them at 300$ if you preorder them! let me know...
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm View Post
The only thing I don't like about this is that I finally decided to save up for an HPI Baja SS, and now this thing comes along and is most likely going to take money away from my SS fund
Same here :-(
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #139

I hope the tranny is easy to mount up. Looks like a cool development in trannies. I bet the sell a lot of kits for the body, tranny and wheels alone....

Keith
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #140
Rock Stacker

Wow, this seems a little high priced to me, and thats without electronics:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXUGU1&P=K
Frosty619 is offline   Reply With Quote