Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Float ST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Did you run the Revolver and Mamba? LOTS of power!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Loving the quark!

Dezfan I was running the quark33 revolver. I love how much quieter the quark33 is than the mamba and the bec did a great job running my 645 under heavy load. The brushless set up was flexing the gear case so much you could actually see it move so this morning I went to the lhs and picked up a fresh(untrimmed) stampede case to see if that solves the issue. It is amazing that I ran the modded case with a 55turn lathe and 11.1lipo since before christmas with out a single issue and this brushless set up is just so much more powerfull evan at the lowest speeds.
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Grover,

You may want to consider replacing the plastic motor plate with an aluminum motor plate to eliminate the flex. Here is a link explaining the conversion:

http://members.aol.com/neurazer/srt/JPC.htm

How does the quark controller work for you? I have read that it has a tiny reverse delay.
Cubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

He was able to finish the last run because of an acient 87T spur I had in my tool box....20+ years old LOL. Truck worked good.if ya need an alum motor plate to play with MLK I have 4 sitting on the bench right now
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover
Dezfan I was running the quark33 revolver. I love how much quieter the quark33 is than the mamba and the bec did a great job running my 645 under heavy load. The brushless set up was flexing the gear case so much you could actually see it move so this morning I went to the lhs and picked up a fresh(untrimmed) stampede case to see if that solves the issue. It is amazing that I ran the modded case with a 55turn lathe and 11.1lipo since before christmas with out a single issue and this brushless set up is just so much more powerfull evan at the lowest speeds.
You REALLY need to move to the Stealth! These trannys are bullet proof (so far) and the slipper actually comes into play w/ the Revolver. Not to mention the size and weight factor. I think the Stealth and Losi tranny are the way to go in the brushless era.

Yeah, the Quark is MUCH quieter than the Mamba. When I build my next super, I think I'll give the Quark a shot.

Loving your design. Once you get it "perfected", I would love to see a write up on it!

Dez

Last edited by dezfan; 06-05-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
You REALLY need to move to the Stealth! These trannys are bullet proof (so far) and the slipper actually comes into play w/ the Revolver. Not to mention the size and weight factor. I think the Stealth and Losi tranny are the way to go in the brushless era.

Loving your design. Once you get it "perfected", I would love to see a write up on it!

Dez
stealth here.....lathe only but stealth....half the weight and size.
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Yup the Stealth rocks!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

the reverse delay is noticable but as you said tiny. I belive I was able to make the speed control go thermal today...the heat on my rock pile was reading over 113 and I was pushing it real hard trying to get the new tranny case to flex and could not get it to. Unplugged the battery for a minute to let everything cool and then crawled with a bit more sanity.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
He was able to finish the last run because of an acient 87T spur I had in my tool box
When I put on my new tranny case I toulk off that stripped 87 and put on the 84 I had in my pocket at the comp, and I think 12/84 is the majic number for my driving style.

Chad-
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan

Dez
This chassis will only see one more comp and the series is over(I could lose the lead I have had all season trying to win with no rear stear but that is my goal) and I move to the north west. I will probably be forced to turn this truck into a scale truck unless the Oregon crowd would allow a txt scale truck.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #51
MODERATOR™

Quote:
a txt scale truck.
... that we have yet to see.

They have a regular 2.2 class too. Whoop up on em!

So if I read correctly, the uncut Pede gearcase is stiff enough to prevent the flex issue?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
the reverse delay is noticable but as you said tiny. I belive I was able to make the speed control go thermal today...the heat on my rock pile was reading over 113 and I was pushing it real hard trying to get the new tranny case to flex and could not get it to. Unplugged the battery for a minute to let everything cool and then crawled with a bit more sanity.
Got to love those Southwast summers. I lived in Blythe (150 West of Phoenix) for 30+ years, so I know what your talking about. Talked to my family Friday and it was a toasty 119!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee

So if I read correctly, the uncut Pede gearcase is stiff enough to prevent the flex issue?
Yes I bound it up and beat it and not a crack or grinding sound to be heard...as of 12:00 today I may park it and wait for the last comp of the series. It is hard to think that I will be moving and leaving such a great group of guys/crawlers. So many of them have contributed to the sport and the progresion of the rigs everyone runs. I really want to win the 2.2 as I lost the spec class lead I had all season in the last stage of the last comp, after getting low score on the first stage. Kevin got the series win and his first tripple in the same day!