Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: xrc build q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas72
too bad the skid isn't counter sunk also

i imagine you put the screws from the bottom up
delrin is easy to countersink them yourself. I am kinda confused though; how hard is it to bolt up that tranny? I have a R2 in mine, but I assume it is just as simple.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Do you have a dremel or a larger drill bit? If so, you can easily make the holes countersunk. I had a blank skid on my XRC because I was using a losi tranny. Hope this helps.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I used a stealth and I just used a way bigger bit to counter sink the screws.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink
delrin is easy to countersink them yourself. I am kinda confused though; how hard is it to bolt up that tranny? I have a R2 in mine, but I assume it is just as simple.
it's not that it's hard just since these products are so exact i thought i was doing something wrong cuz i couldn't find where the counter sunck screws went

lol......i might have some posts but still a newbie
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

chivas, nothing wrong with asking questions, and you have done some great pictorial builds... very easy to follow and always a poster I make sure I read.

can't wait to see your build... I am finally going to start mine! will be sending money for my pede tranny tomorrow!...

now I need to start saving my $$ again for a real chassis... I will start with a hacked stock
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
it's not that it's hard just since these products are so exact i thought i was doing something wrong cuz i couldn't find where the counter sunck screws went

lol......i might have some posts but still a newbie
Hello,

I wish that you would have PMed me from the start or emailed me. I never mind working with one of my customers. It would seem by what I've read that your skid plate had the countersinks missing. This is something I could have told you how to fix or I could have sent you another and had you send that one back to me.

We have changed hardware twice now on the XRC trying to make it easier on our customers. We never have a problem running down any of the bolts but we do use exact fitting, very high quality Losi drivers. Since this has come up though you can bet I'm going to look into it again to try and make things easier. We are also at this time working on a complete instruction sheet that will be included with the kits once we finish it.

As far as XRC users being hard to find I really don't see how since we've sold several hundred and still sell about one per day on average. I think it may be because XRC owners are a bit anarchists because they choose to go with something different than the obvious brands.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

To be honest, I was trying to find me a bro a chassis, and he like the XRC, but then got out of RCs. Then later I picked it up, and been dreaming of owning one, then now I got one ordered up. Cant wait!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

there freaking sweet but i cant get mine running.. alot of the screws/holes in the chassis are alil tight and actually are threaded from being tight (atlaeast on mine )

im having trouble getting mine to run... seems like i dont have enough juice for the new servo but plenty for the moto idk im so agervated with it i havnt touched it in weeks :-(
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Low BEC, can be fixed by higher BEC esc, or servo regulator!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotson
there freaking sweet but i cant get mine running.. alot of the screws/holes in the chassis are alil tight and actually are threaded from being tight (atlaeast on mine )

im having trouble getting mine to run... seems like i dont have enough juice for the new servo but plenty for the moto idk im so agervated with it i havnt touched it in weeks :-(
I have to agree with Clodcrawlin, it sounds as if you have BEC problems and are not getting enough power to the servos. Have you tried running a receiver pack the is strictly for the servos and bypassing the BEC?

David
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Thanks for the advice david

that idea of the instruction sheet or post like you did for the setup tech

i was gonna pm you but i just wanted to check before i ask and bother ya with questions that could be resolved with a post, i know you are busy so i wanted to be able to ask the right questions.

i have one button screw that stripped the hex it is tight in there and don't need to remove it but it would be nice to have some tips on how you guys remove these
Old 03-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the advice david

that idea of the instruction sheet or post like you did for the setup tech

i was gonna pm you but i just wanted to check before i ask and bother ya with questions that could be resolved with a post, i know you are busy so i wanted to be able to ask the right questions.

i have one button screw that stripped the hex it is tight in there and don't need to remove it but it would be nice to have some tips on how you guys remove these
Hello,

We're never too busy to answer our customers so feel free to ask us any time. Some times it may take a couple of hours for us to get back to you if we're not online but we will as soon as we go on.

On the button head screws we use these to avoid having such a large screw head to get hung up. We've never had a hard time with these and I credit much of that to our very high quality Losi drivers that seem to never strip or round. If I did however have one strip I would use the best method that I know of for extraction. That is to take a dremel tool with a cutting wheel on it and cut a notch accross the stripped head that I could then use a flat head screwdriver to remove the bolt.

Sincerely,
David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies

PS. Below is a pic of one of our Losi drivers. They are expensive but worth their weight in gold for RC.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #33
RCC Addict

thanks again

you mentioned about telling me how to fix the counter sunk problem please do

sometimes thru pm's cutomer service is lost and by posting covers more customers who like to search first plus it gives great feedback about your company and products and support........like if you need more......lol

Thanks Again David and look forward for the counter sunk deal
Old 03-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #34
RCC Addict

i just took a larger drill bit and drilled a 1/4 of the way into the skid plate.... this allowed the screws to sit very nicely.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
thanks again

you mentioned about telling me how to fix the counter sunk problem please do

sometimes thru pm's cutomer service is lost and by posting covers more customers who like to search first plus it gives great feedback about your company and products and support........like if you need more......lol

Thanks Again David and look forward for the counter sunk deal
Doing the countersinks is actually pretty easy as long as you dont go too deep or too large on the hole. We use a special bit that is made just for this, see it pictured below. However you can do it just as easy link Mr.Pink advised with a larger srill bit. The thing is if you want it exact you need to go a little at a time then chek it with the screw for a flush fit.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
I have to agree with Clodcrawlin, it sounds as if you have BEC problems and are not getting enough power to the servos. Have you tried running a receiver pack the is strictly for the servos and bypassing the BEC?

David
im doplic can you explain alil easier for me please ? whats the bec ???
Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
Hello,

I wish that you would have PMed me from the start or emailed me. I never mind working with one of my customers. It would seem by what I've read that your skid plate had the countersinks missing. This is something I could have told you how to fix or I could have sent you another and had you send that one back to me.

We have changed hardware twice now on the XRC trying to make it easier on our customers. We never have a problem running down any of the bolts but we do use exact fitting, very high quality Losi drivers. Since this has come up though you can bet I'm going to look into it again to try and make things easier. We are also at this time working on a complete instruction sheet that will be included with the kits once we finish it.

As far as XRC users being hard to find I really don't see how since we've sold several hundred and still sell about one per day on average. I think it may be because XRC owners are a bit anarchists because they choose to go with something different than the obvious brands.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
one thing that would be nice is if the mounts for the shocks were alum. or some sort of metal the plastic ones are kinda flimbyeven in the middle between both peicers of the chassis
Old 03-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #38
Keep it real

Another way to countersink is to use a body hole reamer.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
im doplic can you explain alil easier for me please ? whats the bec ???
The BEC is the Battery Elimination Circutry inside the Electronic Speed Control (ESC). With this we can now run both our drive motors and servos from one battery. If you have a damaged or low BEC it may barely power the servos or not at all. If you want to bypass the BEC just use a 4.8 or 6 volt battery pach pluged into the ESC.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
one thing that would be nice is if the mounts for the shocks were alum. or some sort of metal the plastic ones are kinda flimbyeven in the middle between both peicers of the chassis
Interesting, this really is a new one to me. We are still running the 1/4" delrin on our prototype with no problem at all. All of the later chassis have 5/16" Delrin upper chassis braces.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies