Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: xrc build q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #41
RCC Addict

wow ! ! ! ! !

just put together the roller and if a i hold with my hands and flex it it goes toooo much it articulates 90 degrees! ! ! !

with out holding just the weight of the car it will do just under 45

here are some pics for the XRC GURUS so they can check the setup it sits at 12.5 to the dot

thanks in adcance fo rthe comments

chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #42
RCC Addict

lookin' good

but may i suggest that you lowerd the ride height by mounting the shocks farther back

well you dont have any electronics as well as tranny and motor so...
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek6mt
lookin' good

but may i suggest that you lowerd the ride height by mounting the shocks farther back

well you dont have any electronics as well as tranny and motor so...
yup once i put the other stuff weight on it it lowers it just enought to get the upper parallel to the desk top

just measured you are right

it sits at 3.5 with out weight might relocate the shocks more

i have seen david draw some lines on the pics ..... what are those for and what do they mean ? ? ?

Last edited by chivas72; 03-20-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

As far as articulation goes. I have 1/2 fule tubing on the outside of my shock shafts. I am thinking of going to 5/8ths because it still flexes a little much. I won't go to a smaller shock or lower ride height because of the break over I like so much. Using a stealth tranny, revolver motor and a quark speedo I have really no weight up top so CG is still low.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Default new pics

relocated the shocks lowered it to 3 inches under the belly see what you guys think

Old 03-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #46
RCC Addict

are the tranny bolts supposed to come out of top the tranny thru the plastic ? ? ?

if not damn i messed up
Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good. I'm waiting on my XRC package 4 to come in. Did it take awhile for you to get yours in the mail?
subyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyman
Lookin good. I'm waiting on my XRC package 4 to come in. Did it take awhile for you to get yours in the mail?
Your order was taken 03/17/07, three days ago. Please understand that we are a custom rc fabricator and process orders as we receive them. Right now we are in the process of moving into a larger facility to better serve you and all of our customers. We ask that you please bear with us as we make this move. Some delay in order processing may take place over the next week but we are working very hard to keep this to a minimum.

Sincerely,
David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Hello chivas72,

it looks like your build is shaping up very nice. On the screws coming out of the tranny unlees they are in the way of something or you don't like the way they look I'd just leave them. If you want or need to you can cut them down with a dremel tool.

Your shocks are laid down a little too much for me. What we do is limit our shocks internally so that unspung they are actualy shorter, and you can stand them up more, and decrease articulation at the same time. We have a section on our website showing exactly how to do this shock modification. Your link geometry looks to be preety good depending on what you are shooting for. If you have the upper link close to level you should be good on your antisquat (as).

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
Your order was taken 03/17/07, three days ago. Please understand that we are a custom rc fabricator and process orders as we receive them. Right now we are in the process of moving into a larger facility to better serve you and all of our customers. We ask that you please bear with us as we make this move. Some delay in order processing may take place over the next week but we are working very hard to keep this to a minimum.

Sincerely,
David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
I didnt mean that in a bad way, looking back at my post I can see how someone may think that I have been waiting awhile. I was just wondering what the turn around time was on these kits, sorry if my post had a negative connotation to it!
subyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyman
nope, no waiting

i say it took about 4-5 days
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
The BEC is the Battery Elimination Circutry inside the Electronic Speed Control (ESC). With this we can now run both our drive motors and servos from one battery. If you have a damaged or low BEC it may barely power the servos or not at all. If you want to bypass the BEC just use a 4.8 or 6 volt battery pach pluged into the ESC.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
oh ok i kinda get you, ill take it apart tomorrow and re read this and fix it from there thanks.
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #53
RCC Addict

I agree with David on this, the shocks look too laid down. I have an XRC-CF and when I lay the rear shocks down, it seems the back end is too floppy. It also has more torque twist when the shocks are laid down. Limit the shocks with some fuel tubing, stand the fronts more upright (to limit some twist and eliminate torque twist). Then get out and test it. I am still making changes trying to find out what works best for me. That is what it is about, what works for you.

Thanks,
Casey
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #54
RCC Addict

mine is a 50-50 set up

i got the shock shortening deal purty good

what shock length for a 50-50 do you recomend ? ? ?

measurement is from eye to eye or tip to tip ? ? ?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #55
RCC Addict

shortened the shocks to 3.5 inches from eye to eye, shock travel .75 inches limited flex to about 45 degrees, under belly clearance 3 inches, but wb went to 12.75.

back to the drawing board till i hit 12.5

any suggestions ?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Did you clock the rear axle (point the output from the rear axle upwards) to create more of a strainght line from the transmission output to the rear axle output? If not, doing this will shorten your wheelbase slightly. An easy wat to do this is to make some longer upper rear links. But, as you do this, you lay the rear shocks down more. I have made an extension to mount to the chassis to stand the rear shocks up a little more with the clocked rear axle. I will try and get some pix up in the next couple of days of my new set up. Hope this helps some and isn't too confusing.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Did you clock the rear axle (point the output from the rear axle upwards) to create more of a strainght line from the transmission output to the rear axle output? If not, doing this will shorten your wheelbase slightly. An easy wat to do this is to make some longer upper rear links. But, as you do this, you lay the rear shocks down more. I have made an extension to mount to the chassis to stand the rear shocks up a little more with the clocked rear axle. I will try and get some pix up in the next couple of days of my new set up. Hope this helps some and isn't too confusing.
I just moved my lower link mounts forward one hole to clock the rear axle...and get me under 12.5".
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas72
shortened the shocks to 3.5 inches from eye to eye, shock travel .75 inches limited flex to about 45 degrees, under belly clearance 3 inches, but wb went to 12.75.
how did the wheelbase change when you shortend your shocks? Links dictate the wheelbase, not shocks.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

The only thing I can think of is that when the travel was limited it made the links more horizontal. So at rest, the WB would be longer. As the links moved to the other extreme of their arc they would decrease in WB.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink
how did the wheelbase change when you shortend your shocks? Links dictate the wheelbase, not shocks.
when the shocks were shortned the placement was moved too and this changed the wheel base

i decided to re-lengthen the front and move one hole back and down

this gave me back the 12.5 and 3.5 under beely i will post pics up tomorrow

good night ! ! !