Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Sw3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #61
Keep it real

Thanks guys, and yes, I do LOVE this chassis!! It felt good to know that I was able to beat Hackster, Miniwheeler, Grover, Warpig, among others.........oh yeah, and Brittany. :-P
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #62
Keep it real

A couple of pics from the series finale that Scuzzy took, thanks Dustin
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #63
MODERATOR™

Hey nice job man!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

congrats bud,wish i could have made it.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Congratulations to you and Britt.
Chimney
chimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #66
Keep it real

Thanks guys, it was a fun comp and series overall.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #67
Keep it real

Some pics of my dig setup for those who might be interested. I used a few stock TLT servo posts to mount it with and get the angle perfectly straight on the linkage, works flawlessly. Man I have a lot of stuff packed into the chassis

Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

One other thing I noticed, is your R2D angled a bit? What's the purpose for that?

Nice idea there with those servo mounts You sure did get that chassis loaded up there quite well
gr33nlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #69
Keep it real

The reason the tranny is angled, before I put the R2d in it, I had just the standard R2, the chassis was flipped around so the motor was facing forward, and I angled the tranny down, so the motor was lower at the front. The front of my chassis is also lower than the rear. It's a little trick I picked up from Warpig to get your CG down a little. Since I had to flip the chassis around to make the R2d work, I didn't feel like making a new mount for the tranny, so I left the one I had in it alone. It angles the wrong way now and is why I had to use a Revo shaft on the front driveline, the angle was too extreme for anything else to work. I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing this, but I might make a new mount for the tranny one of these days. Still crawls well enough to beat 53 other trucks at our series finale, and there was some serious talent on hand.
And yes, I might be able to shoehorn something else in the chassis........OK maybe not
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

What link mounts holes do you use?
and are you still on the blac and white spring combo with 30wt oil?

I have my sw3 working better then Scooters sw2, it was a cobination of tires and track width.

thanks for the impending help ;)

-peter-

and what did you make or mod the skid with? I read the thread and I saw a mention of a new skid, but from who/were/what/why.... :/
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #71
RCC Addict

I own this rig now and have since redone the shocks with 100wt in the front and 5000 in the rear . Here are pics from when I first got it. The original mounting before I revamped the truck .

If your refering to the spring in the above pics above mine they are yellow fronts and purple rear. Not sure of what manufacture makes them.
Attached Images

Last edited by PROTOTYPE; 11-15-2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Added crap.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:04 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

looks like a great setup
5000 shock oil?

is it a nitro buggy diff fluid the 5000?
iwantoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #73
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbeck View Post
What link mounts holes do you use?
and are you still on the blac and white spring combo with 30wt oil?

I have my sw3 working better then Scooters sw2, it was a cobination of tires and track width.

thanks for the impending help ;)

-peter-

and what did you make or mod the skid with? I read the thread and I saw a mention of a new skid, but from who/were/what/why.... :/
Peter, I use the holes directly above the lowers for my uppers. I run the yellow losi's on the front and the blueish purple ones that come with the Yeah Racing 120mm shocks(from run2jeepn) on the rear, with 60wt oil all around.
Skidplate......PM FinishlineRC.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #74
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I own this rig now and have since redone the shocks with 100wt in the front and 5000 in the rear . Here are pics from when I first got it. The original mounting before I revamped the truck .

If your refering to the spring in the above pics above mine they are yellow fronts and purple rear. Not sure of what manufacture makes them.
Actually, you own my old comp rig, which is identical to my daughter's rig(except for the new R2D that I just added), which I am now using for my comp rig. We have twins, but I like your paintjob better than mine, mine is so blah
I'm curious, how has the heavier shock oil changed the performance on yours?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Peter, I use the holes directly above the lowers for my uppers. I run the yellow losi's on the front and the blueish purple ones that come with the Yeah Racing 120mm shocks(from run2jeepn) on the rear, with 60wt oil all around.
Skidplate......PM FinishlineRC.

I am using the same link points as you are. BUt I noticed with the r2-diso mounted up my front upper left link touches my driveline to stop my articulaion. only like 5mm, but is not cool!

I have 25wt oil f/r and losi pinks up front and duratrax whites outback...

how wide is your truck? outer edge of the tires?

ran mine some more today and I think I am a m2k guy..

thanks Nathan, you da'man.....

-peter-
Old 11-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantoffroad View Post
looks like a great setup
5000 shock oil?

is it a nitro buggy diff fluid the 5000?
Yes sorry about not emphasizing that . It is diff fluid.

Quote:
Actually, you own my old comp rig, which is identical to my daughter's rig(except for the new R2D that I just added), which I am now using for my comp rig. We have twins, but I like your paintjob better than mine, mine is so blah
I'm curious, how has the heavier shock oil changed the performance on yours?

WOW your a sneaky man having to identical rigs . I underestimate your sneakiness.

The paint job is superb I know . And thank you for the compliments.

I have noticed that it allows the suspension to cycle a lot slower which is what I use to my advantage with my driving style. I don't use the same shocks I did not like them They leaked alot from the cap and the bottom. I do use adjustable shocks still. With the slower reaction I feel that the truck side hills and is more steady on the ascent of hills. This chassis is da shiz nit . Lots of adjustablilty. The best
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #77
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbeck View Post
I am using the same link points as you are. BUt I noticed with the r2-diso mounted up my front upper left link touches my driveline to stop my articulaion. only like 5mm, but is not cool!

I have 25wt oil f/r and losi pinks up front and duratrax whites outback...

how wide is your truck? outer edge of the tires?

ran mine some more today and I think I am a m2k guy..

thanks Nathan, you da'man.....

-peter-
Peter, I use a homemade tranny mount, that moves the tranny as far back as possible(for more motor clearance at the endbell, and it also spaces it away from the sideplate to keep the driveshafts from hitting the links. M2k's are so..........2007 Still my favorite tire.......after the losi claws.
I am 10 1/8" front, 9 5/8" rear, with the claws.

Last edited by Tanis; 11-15-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #78
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
WOW your a sneaky man having to identical rigs . I underestimate your sneakiness.

The paint job is superb I know . And thank you for the compliments.

I have noticed that it allows the suspension to cycle a lot slower which is what I use to my advantage with my driving style. I don't use the same shocks I did not like them They leaked alot from the cap and the bottom. I do use adjustable shocks still. With the slower reaction I feel that the truck side hills and is more steady on the ascent of hills. This chassis is da shiz nit . Lots of adjustablilty. The best
Interesting, I may have to try out some heavier oil in mine to see how it does. What kind of shocks are you running now, every shock I've tried leaks to some degree, it would be nice to find a shock that doesn't leak at all.
Yes, the SW3 is sweet(especially with that custom skidplate), I won't run anything else in a comp.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #79
RCC Addict

I am running the KYOSHO LAZER ZX-5 shocks. Only these and the new TEAM LOSI shocks are what I run. Seems they know how to make a leak less shock . Also the Kyosho ones are nice and thin . I also use the piston disc with 3 holes in the front and 2 holes in the rear. With the colder weather around here I also add weight to the rear to have the rear end drop a little quicker . Cold weather and thick oil makes for a coagulative combo.

One thing still boggles my mind is your wiring that you had . I am still to cautious to tear into and rewire it. Everything worked FINE , Its just my electrical abilities are on the newbie side .

And to think I was going to trade the SW3 for a tube chassis. Screw that noise , I'm all about perfection.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
A couple of pics from the series finale that Scuzzy took, thanks Dustin
nathan was that course#1?

and is FinishlineRC in the vendor section?