Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Sw3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #81
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
One thing still boggles my mind is your wiring that you had . I am still to cautious to tear into and rewire it. Everything worked FINE , Its just my electrical abilities are on the newbie side .

And to think I was going to trade the SW3 for a tube chassis. Screw that noise , I'm all about perfection.
Are you talking about how I had the servo wired straight into the voltage regulator, with just the signal wire into the RX? Or how the voltage regulator is inline with deans, so you can swap to another vehicle quickly if need be.

I'll have to take a look at those shocks, sounds like they might be a better choice than the ones I had. Are they the same length as the rear ones that were on there?
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #82
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbeck View Post
nathan was that course#1?

and is FinishlineRC in the vendor section?
It sure was, the first gate where you had to slide your diffs to avoid taking a gate, and the 3rd gate right before the drop off from .... Ask Hackster how close I was to that gate with my left rear before I cleared it.....about .00000003 of an inch, still don't know how I didn't hit it.

Finishlinerc is in the vendor section.

Last edited by Tanis; 11-16-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Are you talking about how I had the servo wired straight into the voltage regulator, with just the signal wire into the RX? Or how the voltage regulator is inline with deans, so you can swap to another vehicle quickly if need be.
Honestly its the whole kit and caboodle. Please dont think im complaining , cause im not I want to move the ESC but to do that I have to cut and splice the wires . That is nothing I dont mind that . Im just worried I will get a higher chance of glitching with a splice . Im very anal when it comes to looks . I hate messyness . Again EVERYTHING works liek a charm !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis
I'll have to take a look at those shocks, sounds like they might be a better choice than the ones I had. Are they the same length as the rear ones that were on there?
Dont have my calipers with me. I think if you check Tower they might have the specs for the 2 shocks.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #84
Keep it real

Quote:
Honestly its the whole kit and caboodle. Please dont think im complaining , cause im not I want to move the ESC but to do that I have to cut and splice the wires . That is nothing I dont mind that . Im just worried I will get a higher chance of glitching with a splice . Im very anal when it comes to looks . I hate messyness . Again EVERYTHING works liek a charm !

Dont have my calipers with me. I think if you check Tower they might have the specs for the 2 shocks.
Oh, I didn't think you were complaining, just wondering if maybe something had gone wrong or something. I'm not that particular about how things look, I worry more about how they work, but I know what you're saying, I'm just lazy like that I guess
Old 11-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Whats your theory about my esc move. Think it will get glitchy?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #86
Keep it real

Quote:
Whats your theory about my esc move. Think it will get glitchy?
I don't think so, on several of my other trucks, I run the esc right next to the receiver and motor in the chassis, with no issues at all. Just keep the antenna from touching any metal parts. The reason I like it on the rear axle, is to get the weight down lower and off the chassis.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #87
RCC Addict

I agree with the placement but I want to move it up front next to the servo. What I am worried about is if I cut and splice the esc so I can add a longer wire. Will it gain more of a chance to catch a glitch? If not then I will do it now
Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #88
Keep it real

Do you mean cut and splice the signal wires or the battery or motor wires? Batt and motor wires it won't affect anything. On the signal wires, one of my mamba max's is cut/spliced with a longer section of wire, and it works just fine, but I don't really know what, if anything, it could affect. The only thing I would replace instead of trying to solder, would be the antenna wire.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #89
Keep it real

Default Update

I put the bug body on my practice truck, and replaced it with a sweet Losi Grappler. I painted it the same color(I'm boring like that), but I must say, I really like the size and shape of this body. These pics are from a comp last saturday. I haven't had a nice day here at home to get some good pics of it on my rocks yet.;) They will come soon

Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

That truck is damn Sexy, with a capitol "S"!
SpyderMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #91
Keep it real

Thanks Joseph
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Sweet! I like the new front link/servo plate. Does putting the servo over like that help with the steering?
procraft98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #93
Keep it real

I think the longer steering arm helps keep the angle down, but mostly it's so I can mount the battery right on the axle. Although I am going to move the servo back to center and use split brick packs, in a 10 cell configuration, as that is what I have on my practice truck, and I really like the way it keeps the axle balanced, and I get more voltage out of it.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I put the bug body on my practice truck, and replaced it with a sweet Losi Grappler. I painted it the same color(I'm boring like that), but I must say, I really like the size and shape of this body. These pics are from a comp last saturday. I haven't had a nice day here at home to get some good pics of it on my rocks yet.;) They will come soon

That new body looks prety sweet man.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #95
Keep it real

Thanks Eddie, I don't miss the bug at all anymore
Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #96
2006 2.2 National Champ

Very nice, looks sweet with the new body Nathan.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #97
Keep it real

Thanks Brad, I need to get some better pics of it on some real rocks
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks Brad, I need to get some better pics of it on some real rocks
sniff sniff

You have become such a rock snob! :(

hehehe

;)

is it ready for testing this weekend?

I tried the foams out last night, and they made a huge inprovement on my truck...

-peter-
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:

Nathan, Body looks great! It looks like your Rig turns very tight.

Rick-
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #100
Keep it real

Thanks Rick, and yes I have maxxed out the CVD's Steering is one of my pet peeves, that is why I have only dabbled with supers so far, they just don't turn enough for me. But I am working on one now that will steer more than my TLT